Social NZWarriors NRLFantasy Competiton 2024

I play premier league fantasy and you only get one trade per week or if you don't trade for a week you can have two trades the following week. (Maximum of two trades can be made if you have done this) Otherwise you can make more trades over the top of this but it costs you points off your total score as a penalty. They also gave two wildcards you can play which allows you to make as many changes as you want for that week with the salary cap you have. They also have a free hit week which you can do the same as a wildcard for the week but the following week it reverts back to the team you had prior to playing the free hit. Would be useful for SoO period or if there had been mass injuries affecting your team.

Anyway, I'm not making any trades if I can help it over the next few weeks to try and save for the run home. I've been doing max trades so far also
But also with Fantasy EPL you've got:
1. A limit of 3 Players from the same Team.
2. The Winter (Jan 1-Jan 31) Transfer Window. Which maybe means you have to make transfers you'd rather not to keep your team compliant with Point 1.
3. A rule which states you have to use your first Wildcard in the first half of the season. Sometimes you'd rather not if your team A) Doesn't suck and/or B) Isn't ravaged by injuries but if the time limit's getting close...Too bad.
4. Teams playing 2 times in the same Gameweek.
5. More Cups and Leagues to enter (Gameweek 1, Country, Club etc).

I don't know if those things make EPL Fantasy better than NRL Fantasy, but they do make things interesting...:)

What I would recommend everyone doing, is having a look on the app at the coming fixtures. Scroll forward to week 13 (and any other bye weeks) and this will show you how many players of yours have byes. As these weeks have 6 teams with byes you might have 50-75% of your players missing for this round. And then the Origin players on top of that means you will have even less players available.

Keep an eye out for this over the next few weeks and have this in your plans for your trades moving forward. E.g this week I picked up Tohu and Kai Pearce-Paul instead of getting Hynes, as those two over the bye/Origin period will strengthen my team when I'd either have to trade Hynes out, or keep him on the bench.

Some food for thought anyways

The bye rounds are where the good managers make up ranks, so you don’t necessarily need a full squad during this period, but you want the strongest possible team. You can often skimp on wingers or centres during this period, but try stack other positions that are more consistent scorers. It’s a tricky one, as everyone always laser focusses on round 13, but round 14 you need a full 17, which the roosters raiders and dolphins are on the bye. As an example, I’ve got Chevy, strange, Crichton, May, cheese out that week. However those teams play in 13, so it’s tricky. This, and the fact that May and cheese are erratic in their scoring is the reason I’m likely moving those two on. I’m looking at a few options, brailey, Mahoney (for hooker coverage, knights and dogs play 13) and 14, and Garrick. Garrick is a different one, as he doesn’t play 13, but plays 14, is a dpp, has bottomed in price & might get the fb role with turbo playing origin.

To put it simply, I’m looking at 13 sure, but I’m also looking bigger picture as to who plays 14 too, and who is a valued pick up. Bateman is another on my radar for this exact reason, a value purchase that plays 14 onwards.

I decided to bring in fainu and Atkinson this week for salmon and talagi. Salmon has almost made all his money, but with a few players returning to the dogs his role will be reduced. I took the risk on fainu, for his dpp middle edge, good bye coverage, and the fact he’s starting this week. He could very well be demoted to a bench role next week, however the upside was there for me compared to salmon. Atkinson is another dpp, wing fb/half, who has good bye coverage and looks like he’s got the spot with the trindell news. Again, a calculated risk but it was for a player who wasn’t being selected in talagi (failed cash cow).

Looking ahead with these two trades, I have 10 players playing round 13, 11 if hynes plays. I’ve got 4 origin players in grant carrigan turbo cotter. I’ll likely move 2-3 of these on, probably carrigan turbo and cotter, and hold grant. I may hold carrigan, pending how he goes with haas returning. By that point, chan & Piakura may have made their money, so I’ll re evaluate, but I’ll likely only play 12 for that round.

For round 14, I’ll have 16 at this stage but if I do move on the 2-3 origin players I should be able to field full squads for 13 and 14. Conscious of not using all my trades too, I’ve only managed to bank one so far so it’s going to be tight.

Just some of my plans 👍🏼

What I would recommend everyone doing, is having a look on the app at the coming fixtures. Scroll forward to week 13 (and any other bye weeks) and this will show you how many players of yours have byes. As these weeks have 6 teams with byes you might have 50-75% of your players missing for this round. And then the Origin players on top of that means you will have even less players available.

Keep an eye out for this over the next few weeks and have this in your plans for your trades moving forward. E.g this week I picked up Tohu and Kai Pearce-Paul instead of getting Hynes, as those two over the bye/Origin period will strengthen my team when I'd either have to trade Hynes out, or keep him on the bench.

Some food for thought anyways
As it currently stands I've got 9 players who would be out with the round 13 bye as well as 3 possible (but not probable) Origin players. In Supercoach I would have 10 out with 2 possible Origin players. I've decided not to stack my side with guaranteed Origin players at this stage and will probably try and get them in if I can maneuver things right after the second Origin game. I might just wear whatever's coming for round 13 and 16 as I don't want to completely burn all of my trades.

I decided to bring in fainu and Atkinson this week for salmon and talagi. Salmon has almost made all his money, but with a few players returning to the dogs his role will be reduced. I took the risk on fainu, for his dpp middle edge, good bye coverage, and the fact he’s starting this week. He could very well be demoted to a bench role next week, however the upside was there for me compared to salmon. Atkinson is another dpp, wing fb/half, who has good bye coverage and looks like he’s got the spot with the trindell news. Again, a calculated risk but it was for a player who wasn’t being selected in talagi (failed cash cow).

Looking ahead with these two trades, I have 10 players playing round 13, 11 if hynes plays. I’ve got 4 origin players in grant carrigan turbo cotter. I’ll likely move 2-3 of these on, probably carrigan turbo and cotter, and hold grant. I may hold carrigan, pending how he goes with haas returning. By that point, chan & Piakura may have made their money, so I’ll re evaluate, but I’ll likely only play 12 for that round.

For round 14, I’ll have 16 at this stage but if I do move on the 2-3 origin players I should be able to field full squads for 13 and 14. Conscious of not using all my trades too, I’ve only managed to bank one so far so it’s going to be tight.

Just some of my plans 👍🏼
Hey really appreciate that. At most in round 13 I can field 12 players. So hearing others won't be able to make a 13 encourages me to keep trying rather than giving up on the SOO period.

Hey really appreciate that. At most in round 13 I can field 12 players. So hearing others won't be able to make a 13 encourages me to keep trying rather than giving up on the SOO period.
You’ll be sweet, just focus on quality and not picking up guys who will get 20s. I went with Atkinson and he’s got a long runway with the trindell news and has dpp to cover positions I need during the bye period. Not expecting big scores from him but should make some money

Who is a better middle buy out of two players in my price range
Adam Elliot 626 (On the Knights who will take a downward spiral without Ponga)
Jake Turbo 688 (On Manly who have a bye round 13)

Who is a better middle buy out of two players in my price range
Adam Elliot 626 (On the Knights who will take a downward spiral without Ponga)
Jake Turbo 688 (On Manly who have a bye round 13)
I have Jurbo. He's solid but I don't think he's ever really breaking out of his average score. Feel like Elliott would do more.

Plath maybe bro
I just looked him up

Game 1 Points 36 Minutes 43
Game 2 49 points Minutes 53
Game 4 36 points Minutes 45
Game 7 72 points 71 minutes

He looks to have been injured a bit and getting inconsistent minutes and hence points. Will track him this weekend. Thanks for the tip,

I have Jurbo. He's solid but I don't think he's ever really breaking out of his average score. Feel like Elliott would do more.
a Rich man's option for dollars I don't have would be McInnis at $720K. Jake Turbo out of all three of them gets 80 minutes a game.
But Turbo is not available round 13 which I am forward planning for.
Elliot is 29 years old and last year averaged 42 I think by memory.

I just looked him up

Game 1 Points 36 Minutes 43
Game 2 49 points Minutes 53
Game 4 36 points Minutes 45
Game 7 72 points 71 minutes

He looks to have been injured a bit and getting inconsistent minutes and hence points. Will track him this weekend. Thanks for the tip,
He got suspended bro. I’d lock in Plath tbh, I’d buy him if I could. Flegler out for another 3-4 weeks