Internationals NZRL annonce Pirtek Kiwis

• Thread starter warriors_ballboy_CEO_old
  • Start date

warriors_ballboy_CEO_old

New Zealand Rugby League chairman Ray Haffenden today announced Pirtek as the new major sponsor of the Kiwis.
Already established in the rugby league world through its sponsorship of the Parramatta Eels in the NRL, Pirtek has initially linked with the Kiwis in a one-year deal taking in the May 9 Centenary Test and the 2008 World Cup.
Kiwi great Stacey Jones and Junior Kiwi Scott Jones showed off the new-look ISC-made apparel with the Pirtek logo on it.
Haffenden said the sponsorship was substantial and represented a breakthrough for the NZRL on a commercial level.
“Having Pirtek on board is a brilliant sponsorship for us and a real signal that we are making progress after some challenging times lately,” he said.
“In Pirtek we have a sponsor with an obvious interest in our great game through its sponsorship of the Eels in the NRL. Now it has an international flavour. It’s a perfect fit for both of us.”
Jim Gavegan, general manager Pirtek New Zealand, said the company’s deal with the Kiwis was perfectly timed.
“Pirtek is a global brand and this opportunity fits in well with this being World Cup year,” he said.
“Pirtek New Zealand is honoured to have an involvement with the national side. There’s a lot of pride and passion among the Kiwis, especially in rugby league’s 100th year.
“It also complements our Australian network’s NRL sponsorship of the Parramatta Eels. “
Gavegan said Pirtek was a market leader with more than 100 locations and 320 mobile service vehicles across Australasia.
“We provide our diverse group of customers with a comprehensive portfolio of fluid transfer solution products and services,” he said.
“We build long-term relationships with our current and potential customers by consistently providing proven high-quality products and services, wherever they are needed.”
Gavegan said Pirtek was keen to have a long-term relationship with rugby league.

https://warriors.sitesuite.ws/plugins/newsfeed.cgi?rm=content&plugin_data_id=23216

Northern_Union

It's about time the NZRL started selling it's brand for what it's really worth and generating some money for the game in NZ.

Skinny_Ravs82

you did read the first post right?

I think I can see where you are possibly going with this skinny but no there wouldn't be any conflict of interest with pirtek sponsoring both teams.
Yes, but I must've missed that line first time around LOL. No, I wasn't going on conflict of interest. I think its all well and good. Their name just sounded familiar that is all

Northern_Union

Never heard of Pirtek? They've been involved in the Aussie V8's for years and have been Parramattas sponsor for a year or two as well.

2big2strong_old

They say it was shown off by Stace and Scott Jones but still no F'n pictures. F me

Jesbass_old

They say it was shown off by Stace and Scott Jones but still no F'n pictures. F me

There's a photo of Scott Jones wearing one on the NZRL website, mate. ;)

scott_jones.gif

Picky, I know, but I'm not over the moon about the V coming up under the arms instead of over the shoulders...

2big2strong_old

There's a photo of Scott Jones wearing one on the NZRL website, mate. ;)

scott_jones.gif

Picky, I know, but I'm not over the moon about the V coming up under the arms instead of over the shoulders...

yeah. I'm not a HUGE fan either. The shorts should either be White or black. not black with a fat white stripes. and the socks? what's with the thick black and white striped socks all the way to the ankle? I thought they went out with Beta video.

Jesbass_old

yeah. I'm not a HUGE fan either. The shorts should either be White or black. not black with a fat white stripes. and the socks? what's with the thick black and white striped socks all the way to the ankle? I thought they went out with Beta video.

I haven't seen the shorts or socks - just that photo of Scott Jones.

Northern_Union

That wide V coming under the arms is the original design of the rugby league V. Seeing as it's the centenary test for the aussies i'd guess they have gone for a heritage look.

playdaball_old

I knew of the brand via Parramatta but had no idea what it was. I'm not a petrol/rev head, despite the fact that I drive a Ford.

playdaball_old

I have a feeling that the first jersey worn by the Kiwis was a plain black jersey similar to the ABs and /or All Golds. The Aussies will be wearing their Blue/Moron jersey, why don't we go back to the original jersey for this match?