General NZ Warriors vs Wigan Warriors 2014 Trial

wallacenz

wallacenz

Did Wigan bring on their best players in the 2nd half? They were saying on the Ausy radio station there were 13 on the field and 13 on the bench for this match

Hitman82

Hitman82

Tonks and Baldwinson came on with five minutes to go and didn't really get a chance to do anything. Baldwinson had a rant at Havili after knocking on a pass from him. Haha

Reactions: shuffle
matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Great to see the Warriors in 2014 seems too long since the last game
My take on game;
Good- Go forward and forwards hitting the line Matulino had a massive game Lillyman and Rapira looked good
Townsend looked ok good alternative kicking game alot of grubbers and long kicks seemed to find space.
Players running at gaps (first half)
Vete looks promising, hard to take down couple of good offloads.

Bad- 2nd half fade, I know its only a trial but considering our past mightve wanted to address this 6 unanswered tries is not good.
Fringe defense looked terrible, part timers I know but it was aweful

All in all not bad some promising flashes

Reactions: Defence and snake77

Nahz

Tonks and Baldwinson came on with five minutes to go and didn't really get a chance to do anything. Baldwinson had a rant at Havili after knocking on a pass from him. Haha

whats the logic in naming them for a trial match anyway when you gonna give them roughly the last 5?...

Fazz

Fazz

So I just got home and missed the whole thing. Did we just take all of our good players off in the second half? Would it be fair to say we took the first half serious and then sent on a bunch of randoms in the 2nd? Sort of ominous if not. All I've seen was the 2nd half highlights (Wigan Trylights) and whoever that 22 is was horrible.

Magic Stick

Magic Stick

Cant take much from a game like that but

GOOD

Ben Matulino outstanding
Albert Vete what a prospect, gona be pushing hard for 1st grade lineup
Sam Lisone like Vete top prospect
Nathan Friend looked slick
Lillyman and Rapira looked good in limited mins
Really like Steve Waetford can play anywhere with good skills and awareness
Chad Townsend looked ok on attack..but cant tackle for shit

BAD

Agnatius Paasi,Paulos Latu and Jarrod Tua absolute clueless on defense...these fools couldn't read a toddlers book
Solomona and Wilson have too be the 2 worst wingers ive ever seen
Roptai retire bud..Mad Butcher would smoke you in a sprint race

Wanted too see more of Baldwinson and Tonks..nevermind

matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
So I just got home and missed the whole thing. Did we just take all of our good players off in the second half? Would it be fair to say we took the first half serious and then sent on a bunch of randoms in the 2nd? Sort of ominous if not. All I've seen was the 2nd half highlights (Wigan Trylights) and whoever that 22 is was horrible.

Seemed to, had trouble keeping up with who was who 2nd half

¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

Why did it take the "professional" commentators 60 minutes before they used one of our 2 correct names.

60 minutes of "Auckalnd Warriors" and "home Warriors" before a single mention of "New Zealand Warriors" and "Vodafone Warriors". Halligan even commented like he was impressed with this new name that Vossy came up with when he first said "Vodafone Warriors".

Matulino was impressive, but I would still prefer we didn't mess with our prop rotation unless we have an absolute beast to take his place.
Mateo - I have about had enough of. He is slow lazy and weak. You barely notice him in a game. He drops far too many balls, and he tackles like a girl. I think it is time we found his replacement. Sam Lousi has always been my pick to replace him, but if he is gonna be fragile as well, then we might need to use Bukuya with Benry or Peyroux subbing him.

This trial was an absolute waste of time for our backs. Only genuine chance was Chad, who would probably get selected regardless of trials form anyway. The others seemed to be trialling for NSW Cup bench spots.

Reactions: Est95 and Blindside
ryno

ryno

What's up with townsends defence? I don't think it would be too great having him and Johnson on the same field, Mannering can't be looking after these two and Hurrell.

Matulino is an absolute beast man and letting him run on the edges made him even more damaging.

Could you go for a Mannering, Matulino, Mateo back row with Bukuya coming off the bench? Then have Lillyman, Rapira, Vete and Matagi the props?