General NZ Warriors Premiership Winning Team

wazzas

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Yesterdays game showed we have flaws in certain areas of our game, most notably our forwards in the middle, defence and in attack. Out of the players we have right now, if we were to win a premiership, this is what I see:

Starting

1 Roger Tuivasa Scheck
2. ?????
3. David Fusitua
4. Solomone Kata
5. ?????
6. ?????
7. Shaun Johnson
8. Albert Vete
9. Issac Luke
10. ?????
11. Bodene Thompson
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Simon Mannering

Reserves

14. Nate Roach
15. ????? (Prop)
16. Manu Vatuvei (Prop)
17. ????? (Back row)

Coach: ?????

I think we have a good group of player that can deliver a premiership, but we are still missing some key factors: consistency, ability to thrive on pressure, a good game plan, strong defensive line in the middle and good go forward. For me it is important to recruit players to fix these issues instead of relying on players we already have, Lillyman and Matulino are deadweight right now, don't think that will change so I think we should release those two (only if we can find suitable replacements, but JD is good at that). I would be all for giving Ivan Cleary the reigns again with the potential of Stacey Jones as assistant, bu we can;t just wait around for this to happen, we have to act now.

If we were to win a premiership, lets say in 3-4 years time, which of the current players would you guys see on the podium lifting the trophy???

Diesel

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 7, 2014
Brisbane
Good post.

Jason Tomololo? ... as a start and some experience players that are reliable. We're seen as a development club, we have lots of talent & up and comers but looking at the last 5 years since we were in the GF, most clubs have bugger all rookies or players played under 50 games.

wallacenz

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Good post.

Jason Tomololo? ... as a start and some experience players that are reliable. We're seen as a development club, we have lots of talent & up and comers but looking at the last 5 years since we were in the GF, most clubs have bugger all rookies or players played under 50 games.
The Warriors wont have many under 50 games by next year, Fusitua and Vete would be the only ones around 30 games unless they persist with Lisone but Bunty Afoa must be pushing him for that backrower bench spot.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings