General NYC Warriors vs Eels *Spoilers*

KeepingTheFaith_old

Starting props have 38 metres and 3 hitups between them WTF! Eels aren't much better though.

U20s fortunes will rely heavily on how much Packer plays for them IMO. Most of those forwards hadn't played above u18s last year.

If the stats are anything like last season for the U20 then they'll be highly unreliable for the most part. The props have had a lot more than 3 hitups, although the 38 metres could be accurate.

Try to the eels. backline can't do it all.

Viking_old

No Packer, Ah Mau, Poching, O'Regan, Purcell, it's going to take a bit of time for these young guys to come in and get used to it on a weekly basis.

Our backline is doing most of the metre eating. Johnson is electric on attack, but I've been quite surprised with his well thought out kicking game. 3 excellent kicks. 1 to force a repeat set from inside our own 40, another going out a metre out from the Eels line and then the one to set up that last try. Freakish agility.

Those 5 players you've named all came from Bartercard teams, big difference from shining in age group rep sides.

Our centres and wingers can compensate for the forwards, they should be better than their opposites man for man.

Viking_old

If the stats are anything like last season for the U20 then they'll be highly unreliable for the most part. The props have had a lot more than 3 hitups, although the 38 metres could be accurate.

Try to the eels. backline can't do it all.

Backs aren't defending well? Is that where we are leaking tries? They should play Taylor as sweeper if so.

Edit: my dyslexia interpreted that as backline can't do it AT all. I guess they're going well then.

Last edited by a moderator:

2big2strong_old

Lcoke made the break and Johnson backed him up and got the offload.

As I'm typing this Locke has made another line break.

KeepingTheFaith_old

Johnson and Locke are killing the Eels. Bristow, Ah Van and Tupou are doing the forwards work.

Henry having a mixed bag, and Likiliki looks to have some genuine speed and skill.

The forward pack has some potential. They're taking a hammering but keep coming. Aside from Elijah Taylor it's a brand new forward pack. Forgot to mention Matulino and of course Fai to players who were dominating at U20 level last season.

Elijah Taylor is a huge prospect, but he needs to stick to doing the simple things right. That fancy impatient stuff won't work at NRL level.

2big2strong_old

Kara just came on.

Eels score after Mills drops a bomb.

Warriors 26
Eels 22

KeepingTheFaith_old

Eels score.

Mills is young on debut, but there really doesn't seem to be anything special about him. Do we have any fullback options because Locke is killing it up in the line playing hooker or five eight or whatever it is he's playing.

2. Ah Van
3. Bristow
4. Likiliki
5. Tupou
6. Johnson

Huge potential in that backline with Locke either at fullback or halfback. Henry hasn't impressed me, and neither has Mills.

KeepingTheFaith_old

How much stronger does Locke look? He hasn't lost any pace either.

Johnson has put on 18kg in the last 18 months. He would've been snapped like a twig 18 months ago.

Viking_old

Eels score.

Mills is young on debut, but there really doesn't seem to be anything special about him. Do we have any fullback options because Locke is killing it up in the line playing hooker or five eight or whatever it is he's playing.

2. Ah Van
3. Bristow
4. Likiliki
5. Tupou
6. Johnson

Huge potential in that backline with Locke either at fullback or halfback. Henry hasn't impressed me, and neither has Mills.

Is Mills that young, I thought he was 18 or 19? He played in the unbeaten unbeaten New Lynn Stags U20s team last year.

KeepingTheFaith_old

Warriors lose on the last play of the game.

Ah well. Forwards have a lot of work to do, but considering it's a brand new forward pack, it wasn't a bad first up effort. Penalties are what killed us more than anything.

Our backline killed them for most of the game, but the forwards didn't do enough.