General NYC Warriors -V- NYC Rabbitohs

Jesbass_old

Did you see the game, kingdamo? Or did you have a friend at the game? Any players stand out?

Jesbass_old

Yeah, four in a row. Penrith were upset last night, so the Warriors are now only 1 competition point behind the lead! :D

attila_the_gorilla

Actually, on second thought, maybe not. I know they pulled down a lot of highlight videos last year, but if it's your own property, by your own handicam, I doubt they have the rights...?

Definitely they can`t, especially cos they don`t even tape those games, they only tape 2 Toyota cup games every week, so any recording you make of the other games is only free promotion of their product.

I think it would be great, though of course somebody would need to be happy to make the recording and then convert, edit and upload it. Plenty of work involved.

Jesbass_old

I guess the other thing is will the NRL let someone tape games live? I don't think we're allowed to do that at the first grade level, but I'm not too sure. I know stills are fine, though.

2big2strong_old

The Juniour Warriors have won 9 of their past 10, they have to be the form team of the comp at the moment. Panthers were but have lost their 3 pivotal players to first grade and as a result their form has taken a nose dive, Dragons won in an unconvincing display against the sharks tonight, the sharks (who are 2nd from last on the table) were leading 20-0 at one stage if I remember correctly. Maybe I had too many beers.

attila_the_gorilla

Hmmm on second thought the NRL may not be happy to see their game on the internet without having received some money for broadcasting rights.

2big2strong_old

pfft, their asking price wouldn't be much judging by the way they're whoring the current broadcasting rights. whores. haha

Esoj_old

someone will have exclusive rights for the toyota cup which seems to be foxsports. even if they are only showing 2 a week they probably got rights to everything. this means anyone else taping and uploading somewhere they would not be happy about and probably take down the footage.

Jesbass_old

You would think, though, that the club itself would be able to film it, would they not? For video analysis, and whatnot?

attila_the_gorilla

You would think, though, that the club itself would be able to film it, would they not? For video analysis, and whatnot?

Yeah no doubt about that at all, but they wouldn`t be allowed to share it on the internet I don`t think.

2big2strong_old

I just had a look at the NYC ladder and the Warriors are only 2 points off the lead and have the best points differential in the comp. So if results fall our way in the next 6 weeks or so we could be looking at the maiden minor premiership. It only appears to be a two horse race to the MP between us and Canberra, Penrith and STGI have fallen off the pace a bit. Here's to us winning the GF.

Jesbass_old

Didn't the '96 reserve Warriors win the minor premiership? Or just the grand final? (Haha: "just"!)