TeamList [2023, Finals Week 1] - Penrith Vs Warriors

I would rest everyone again and just chuck a b team against Penrith and go hard next game at home.
Is that because of our proven track record of playing so well after a week of rest?

Unless playing injured or jaded and need of a break, it's good to have continuity going into the finals. 3 games. That's it. After this week there is no second chance. It's much more preferable we do everything we can to win this game and actually convince punters (and more importantly for our own mindset) we deserve to be spoken about as a contender by beating another top 4 team. And we get the prelim final in NZ. That itself is a great reward and that seems to be exactly what the club is aiming for.

Panthers v Warriors, Saturday at BlueBet Stadium​

Panthers: Hooker Mitch Kenny (leg) and back-rower Scott Sorensen (leg) are back on deck and will play. Jaeman Salmon is 18th Man with Tyrone Peachey preferred as the utility on the bench.

Warriors: Shaun Johnson is believed to be in doubt to take on the Panthers after playing a restricted role at training this week due to a lower leg injury. Coach Andrew Webster downplayed any concern, stating that Johnson has done separate training "several times this year", but the NZ Herald reported that while the 32-year-old boarded the team flight to Sydney on Thursday, Johnson is in doubt to take the field, with the issue not believed to be related to the leg issue which has prevented him from kicking goals in recent weeks. Ronald Volkman is on standby and could come into the halves if Johnson isn't able to play. Skipper Tohu Harris (back spasms) and interchange forward Jazz Tevaga (hamstring) meanwhile are both good to go.

Yeah hats off to Playdaball for the good oil. Calling bullshit on it wasn’t a personal crack by any means and tbf it was more hoping and convincing myself that it wasn’t correct.

Also tbf I try take rumours on here at face value, I try and note which posters are on the money more than not, but it just didn’t seem to initially stack up so it will be interesting to get more clarity now the cats out of the bag.

At 50/50 I still have some hope he plays, but less hope on the impact of the game sadly.

I believe the story, but I also believe Johnson will have injections before, mid game if needed and after with hopefully a good two weeks rest if we beat Panthers that is of course, Johnson strikes me as a team player and Webby has said it will be up to coaching staff but i reckon Johnson runs he's own show with composed talks with Webby and co, I'll be very surprised if he don't play

I believe the story, but I also believe Johnson will have injections before, mid game if needed and after with hopefully a good two weeks rest if we beat Panthers that is of course, Johnson strikes me as a team player and Webby has said it will be up to coaching staff but i reckon Johnson runs he's own show with composed talks with Webby and co, I'll be very surprised if he don't play
Injections aren’t useful for tissue damage, more joint, tendon, ligament, bone issues, to kill the pain. Playing on a soft tissue can cause bigger issues, eg manu rested last week with minor hammy, so he could play this week. Could be the same approach. I genuinely reckon it’s smoke and mirrors. Queensland are kings of it. I could be wrong but I believe this is simple mind games to throw the panthers into doing more homework on volkman/walker, rather than focussing on SJ

Back