TeamList [2023, Finals Week 1] - Penrith Vs Warriors

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Afternoon
12:00

Team Lists

Wow stoked with this team.

As a few have said, i'm a wee bit worried about the size of our pack, but it's cool to see Webby backing out game plan and the boys.

Jazz will be ready. Absolute epitome of a Warrior. I do hope that Webby has a word to him about cutting the silly mongrel stuff out. Be a mongrel, but be smart about it.

Year of the ambush baby. Probably the last week I can say that after we smash these fullas

I personally would of had one more big body on the bench, but I love that Webby is sticking to what his vision and game plan is
Webby is a guy who plans. He has planned all of this, except the loss to the Phins. He didn't stuff up the plane trip though.

Stating the obvious.

Of course the players know, what has that to do with what you posted about mind games....coz look at that team, no mind games.

This is finals time, no team is going to change their plans because Ford is starting over Curran or some random comes in from the extended bench.

BTW the coach telling you I am naming you but so and so is gonna play instead is bad management in a finals team, and poor form on families and friends that have to keep it quiet till game day instead of enjoying this special time....especially the family of the player that is getting dropped an hour before kick off. What terrible thing to put family through, all the congratulating they have to endure knowing their loved one is not even playing.

Lastly it looks weak if you need to play little mind games at this time of the year, surely this is when you lay your cards on the table and say what are you gonna do about it?
I stated the obvious because you argued the opposite. All the family stuff is a load of rubbish. Do I think the starting team will run out, probably. Is it 100%? Not even close

It's good everyone is writing us off. We have gone unnoticed all season. Why should the finals be any different.

This weekend could be a wake up call or a coming out party for the side.

The main thing is to limit our unforced errors. The dropped balls when guys get up to play the ball or lose it in the tackle etc.

Defense will be a big thing. We have defended well all year. The heat is going to go up again now. We need to limit the time they have in our 20 where they make you work as they don't do as much set up plays. Then Cleary's kicking.

We need field position as we haven't been blowing sides away from 40-50 metres out. Most of good work has been from within the opposition 20.

I stated the obvious because you argued the opposite. All the family stuff is a load of rubbish. Do I think the starting team will run out, probably. Is it 100%? Not even close
No you said the players will know. Of course they will, hardly a ringing endorsement if the coach has to use your naming to bring on someone else instead eh....that is the point.

I see your childish laughing emoji is back. Keep using it, it makes you look like a child. But like you described yourself in the poster thread, you are here to have a go at people you do not like.

Keep it up, with that level of ambition one day you will be a All Black.

Maybe I'm missing something but I'm not a fan of the bench make up.

We are missing leg-drive impact off the bench.

Ford showed that a few weeks ago but they have gone away from that.

Barnett has shown that many times, and he just ain't a starting prop.

Hard with all available but I would start Bunty, move Barnett to the bench, swap Curran and Ford and either Jazz or Siro to make way - probably Siro
I tend to agree, but I can't help but think that Webster has a plan that somehow is based upon this style of team make-up and that is why he went this way.

No you said the players will know. Of course they will, hardly a ringing endorsement if the coach has to use your naming to bring on someone else instead eh....that is the point.
Literally every coach does it. We even did it last week for Roache and Going for a dead rubber game. Just admit you are wrong for once

It's good everyone is writing us off. We have gone unnoticed all season. Why should the finals be any different.

This weekend could be a wake up call or a coming out party for the side.

The main thing is to limit our unforced errors. The dropped balls when guys get up to play the ball or lose it in the tackle etc.

Defense will be a big thing. We have defended well all year. The heat is going to go up again now. We need to limit the time they have in our 20 where they make you work as they don't do as much set up plays. Then Cleary's kicking.

We need field position as we haven't been blowing sides away from 40-50 metres out. Most of good work has been from within the opposition 20.
Harsh saying unnoticed all season. We got talked up a lot when we were humming along post that rough 11 day stretch. It dropped off when we went a bit clunky to close the season out.

Literally every coach does it. We even did it last week for Roache and Going for a dead rubber game. Just admit you are wrong for once

Ahhh do you not understand the difference between protecting a player on debut and an NRL final?

I tend to agree, but I can't help but think that Webster has a plan that somehow is based upon this style of team make-up and that is why he went this way.

Definitely and I should be clear I think the list named is more than good enough to get the job done.

The news about Siro leaving is interesting. Not good enough to be kept but good enough to make the most important team list of the year.

I get he plays his role and he has been a very good hooker fill in when needed mid-match

Having him allows Walker to be played in his best role too

Ahhh do you not understand the difference between protecting a player on debut and an NRL final?
Cooper Cronk 2018 GF injury? How many examples do you want me to bring up?
So if the team changes (even slightly starters or extended bench) will you admit you are full of shit?

absolutely love this post bro . really makes you believe that we can do it (y)
Webby's been conserving our aggression for this game, we're going to unleash a force of mongrel intensity that Nathan hasn't seen on a league field since he was a ballboy. Wouldn't be surprised if he literally shits himself and Ivan has to console his tears all night, the Mrs will be pissed off all week for making the boy sad like it's somehow his fault.

Cooper Cronk 2018 GF injury? How many examples do you want me to bring up
Cool.
You don't understand context and nuance, I am sure you could come up with more irrelevant poor comparisons, but I have had enough of boring people with this circular nonsense.

You literally used an example where the player was touch and go and might not physically be able to play right up until kick off, but ok, in your world apples are oranges.

Harsh saying unnoticed all season. We got talked up a lot when we were humming along post that rough 11 day stretch. It dropped off when we went a bit clunky to close the season out.
More speaking of how other clubs have got more attention like the Dolphins early in the season or the Cowboys when they started going well or later with the Knights on their late season 1.

The main two people pushing us all season have been Matty Johns and Cooper Cronk. A lot of the other journalists have brought us up but it comes off like they don't know much or want to change the subject.

Cool.
You don't understand context and nuance, I am sure you could come up with more irrelevant poor comparisons, but I have had enough of boring people with this circular nonsense.

You litterally used an example where the player was touch and go and might not physically be able to play right up until kick off, but ok, in your world apples are oranges.
You would want to play your halfback right? Why not name him at 7 if he was a chance?

More speaking of how other clubs have got more attention like the Dolphins early in the season or the Cowboys when they started going well or later with the Knights on their late season 1.

The main two people pushing us all season have been Matty Johns and Cooper Cronk. A lot of the other journalists have brought us up but it comes off like they don't know much or want to change the subject.
I agree, I guess the Journos are more about clicks so have no reason to discuss us so rinse and repeat the big clubs. Would much rather hear from Cooper anyway!

Back