General Your 2024 lineup

Personally as a big fan of Ali Leiataua, part of me hopes he is not just thrown in there as a starter after a preseason.

This is one Junior where I feel invested enough to want to see the Warriors do this right. I am hoping, rather than just throwing him out there on potential that he gets the same graduated entry to First Grade that Berry and others have had.

So I wouldn't name Ali in any potential side, but I do feel confident he will be in games through out the year, then back in cup footy, then more NRL until he looks confident and secure in first grade.

They say is is one cocky confident young man, and that is good, but on the flip side of that, is that the onus on the coaches is to protect that confidence and not let it get ruined by a shit start on a bad losing day, in a under gunned Warriors side.

So no ANZAC game vs the Storm or Panthers, Broncos etc.

Tailor the games around his career development and not as a cannon fodder slot filler.

Special treatment then. For the betterment of the Warriors club in the long run, rather than satiating fans hunger for supercoach pick people I like type thinking.

Last edited:
1. CNK
2. DWZ
3. RTS
4. Pompey
5. Montoya
6. TMM
7. Johnson

8. AFB
9. Egan
10. Afoa
11. Ford
12. Niukore
13. Harris

14. Walker
15. Barnett
16. Ale/Jazz/Sifakula/Going
17. Lussick/Jazz/Sifakula/Going

Pompey is our most experienced centre, if we have Roger on one side I feel we need experience on the other. For at least the first 3 rounds.

Against the better teams I feel our little bench got exposed, crushed even. And maybe it’ll take a bit of pressure off AFB to have Afoa as he is simply bigger than the other guys, give him a 20 and 15 minute stint. We desperately need another middle.

Depending on how Egan is going depends on who gets that 16 and 17 jersey. Having Walker as hooker cover kinda defeats the purpose of having him (obviously if he’s the only one who can do it then it is what it is). For week one I’d have Ale and Lussick, just in case. (Assuming everyone is fit)

1. CNK
2. Kosi
3. RTS
4. Berry
5. DWZ
6. TMM
7. SJ
8. AFB
9. Egan
10. Barnett
11. Ford
12. Niukore
13. Harris

14. Walker
15. Tevaga
16. Ale
17. CHT

Next year gonna be crazy, no idea how Webster is going to utilize this squad with so many options to go with...

Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
Ali Leiataua/Roger Tuivasa-scheck
Roger Tuivasa-Scheck/Ali Leiataua
Rocco Berry
Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
Luke Metcalf
Shaun Johnson
Addin Fonua-Blake
Wade Egan
Mitch Barnett
Jackson Ford
Marata Niukore
Tohu Harris

Dylan Walker
Tom Ale
Zion Zyon Maiu’u
Demetric Sifakula

Few points:
RTS, Leiataua and Metcalf add much needed X factor and speed to the backline.

A halves pairing of Johnson and Metcalf is the best balanced combo and if they build off this year we can deff win it.

A young energetic bench, maybe put Afoa in for defence, depends how the young lads go.

Also think Halasima and Sifakula can both crack the starting 17 by next year. imo both have Nanai potential with more aggression. If you’re good enough you’re old enough.

Also think Leiataua needs to be in the team, just don’t know where he fits in with Rocco and Rog in the centres, I think he’s a out and out centre and don’t muck around by playing him on the wing.

I would play metcalf until his legs go again, if he lasts 10+ rounds then great. Agree Pompey to start the year, the young blokes can overtake him if they are good enough.

CHT as utility spine cover, with Walker, either Ale or a new prop, not a generic utility middle an actual prop Cappy, for goodness sake they only have to play 20 minutes.

Final bench spot go to a young back rower, getting the limited minutes that Curran got is a good way to bring them along.

Jazz is not making my team while Walker and Harris are fit, would come straight in if either of them went out.

Bunty has had his time if we are being real about it, good depth, shouldn’t be in the 17.

Monty isn’t young for a winger anymore, can Kosi oust him?

Last edited:
I think if Metcalf is at 6:and RTS is left centre everyone is going to be saying that RTS hasn't adapted well and isn't offering much at centre. And it will be all because he isn't receiving any quality ball. If Solomone Kata was considered a ball hog, Metcalf must be big Daddy boar in that regard.
Go back and look at the contribution of Te Marie, it’s not that great.
He’s over rated, not bagging him just saying Metcalf’s distribution is better, he also has the speed that we need.

Go back and look at the contribution of Te Marie, it’s not that great.
He’s over rated, not bagging him just saying Metcalf’s distribution is better, he also has the speed that we need.
sorry, completely disagree. Metcalf is not a great half. Pompey and Montoya looked a lot better with TMM playing at 6. Try contributions from that left edge was the worst in the league and that was with Metcalf playing the majority of games there. He has incredibly poor distribution. He was an ok stop gap measure with injuries. I would be surprised if Metcalf is not the third choice 6 this next season, behind TMM and CHT.

sorry, completely disagree. Metcalf is not a great half. Pompey and Montoya looked a lot better with TMM playing at 6. Try contributions from that left edge was the worst in the league and that was with Metcalf playing the majority of games there. He has incredibly poor distribution. He was an ok stop gap measure with injuries. I would be surprised if Metcalf is not the third choice 6 this next season, behind TMM and CHT.
But.. but.. he runs real fast

1. CNK
2. DWZ
3. Berry
4. RTS
5. Ali
6. Metcalf
7. Johnson
8. Blake
9. Egan
10. Veteran Prop/Bunty
11. Ford
12. Niukore
13. Harris

14. Walker
15. Jazz
16. Barnett
17. Zyon Maiu’u/Going/Ale?

Barnett off the bench had more impact can cover the middle and edge. Metcalf has the 6 jersey for 24 and the 7 going forward if he signs long term. Ali i feel could end up on the wing by the end of the season too much class to be left out. Interested to the make up of the bench. Zyon Maiu’u to get a debut next year 💪

Back