Social A Weighty Issue

Brown rice is more nutritious but doesn't mean white rice is unhealthy. It's like saying potato is unhealthy. It's got nutrients but if you deep fry it is unhealthy.

Half the world eats white rice as a staple every day food. Are those the countries that have a massive obesity rate?
The issue with white rice and white bread is that they are less complex as carbohydrates than brown rice and bread.

The more complex the carbohydrate, the slower it takes the body to digest it.

So simple carbohydrates, such as sugar and white rice and bread are digested very quickly.

That does two things, it increases the need for insulin and also takes more time to make you feel less hungry.

So you can over eat, and also place a strain on the pancreas producing insulin. It also causes a spike in fat production.

The Asian people have developed rice growing over 5000 years and their bodies have evolved accordingly.

Also, some eat spicy foods which slows them down as they eat. They also eat more often, but with smaller helpings.

5000 years ago our ancestors were living in caves eating wild seeds and the odd dead animal.

Also anyone who wants to talk about msg really really needs to read up on historical things.

For white rice

For Indian Food

You can make it less spicy by ummm putting in less chili. Butter chicken isn't less spicy because there is a heap of sugar but because there isn't any chili in it.

Sugar is added in a lot of food for balance of flavour. You'll find more added sugar in a table spoon of tomato sauce than in a curry.

There are some Chinese dishes that are full of sugar like sweet and sour pork/lemon chicken, but that's why point of the dish. It's like bbq sauce sticky ribs... Being sweet is part of the dish.

Both Ghee and Butter are good fats

You say blanket general statements. Racist at worst and ignorant at best. All anecdotal and from your own personal experience.

Oh and the whole evolved for 5000 years to digest it... Come on this is your ignorance speaking. There are many Europeans who eat it and are healthy.

While rice is a staple food most Asian families eat a heap of vegetables and a little bit of meat to go with a small bowl of rice.

It's like a roast dinner, meat and vegetables (without potato) are more than half the plate and potato takes smaller portion.

Most ppl who eat curries in the western world eat lots of rice and naan to go with it. Most people complain that they don't give enough rice and ask for more. Ask an Indian person if they and their family eat like that most days...

Also anyone who wants to talk about msg really really needs to read up on historical things.

For white rice

For Indian Food

You can make it less spicy by ummm putting in less chili. Butter chicken isn't less spicy because there is a heap of sugar but because there isn't any chili in it.

Sugar is added in a lot of food for balance of flavour. You'll find more added sugar in a table spoon of tomato sauce than in a curry.

There are some Chinese dishes that are full of sugar like sweet and sour pork/lemon chicken, but that's why point of the dish. It's like bbq sauce sticky ribs... Being sweet is part of the dish.

You say blanket general statements. Racist at worst and ignorant at best. All anecdotal and from your own personal experience.
What a feckin minefield. Where do we find the best diets for our specific racial profiles, I need the fat Scottish Irish Jewish Maori Italian plan, is there an app?

For white rice

For Indian Food

Listen here Cyrille don't call people racist...and a lot of what you post is from dickhead websites like your Putin stuff. At least you are sober today but you are still a
1695519952630.png

What a feckin minefield. Where do we find the best diets for our specific racial profiles, I need the fat Scottish Irish Jewish Maori Italian plan, is there an app?
There is no way I am an expert on weight loss. I would not be overweight if I was.

Everybody is different. That is where the outfits such as Jenny Craig and Weightwatchers have gone wrong IMO

They were working on calories in, weight on. So if you reduce calories you will lose weight...right?...

It is way more complex than that.

Also starvation diets reduce muscle as well as fat. The heart is a muscle, so reducing heart mass is not good.

Oh, and the racist shite, I learned about sugar in Indian food from a Kiwi Indian who was so obese she had to get a stomach staple operation. She told me that because I loved Indian food and haven't touched it since.

As for Thai food, I know that from people who work in Thai restaurants, and from eating Kiwi stuff.

Asian people have lighter builds than Westerners, but their diet is showing up in diabetes. Doctors in south east Asia are on to blood sugar real quick.

Now back to my expensive dietician.

She put me on machines to measure things like muscle as opposed to fat, which was really interesting.

I am not eating less, and am actually eating a bit more...but NO FRUIT!!! I am never hungry. Before I was always hungry.

So in a week I have lost 2 kg, not by eating less, but not eating fruit. That is a hell of a weight loss by the way, they usually work on 0.5 kg a week .

Does that mean everybody should stop eating fruit? Not at all, fresh fruit has a lot of nutrient.

It is just that I am pre diabetic and sugar to me is like a poison. Just ask anybody who has pancreatic cancer.

She has even taken me off my daily no sugar Powerade and put me onto a powdered supplement for electrolytes.

So I couldn't have a diet coke watching the Warriors last night. :( :(

Last edited:
Ok, if I am not eating less, and losing weight, what I am I eating now that I didn't before.
Salad...heaps of salad...and heaps more. I always had salad every day, but I am eating way more...heyzeuss I am like a bloody rabbit :eek:
No cheese with the salad, and only a very light sparking of lite dressing.
Thinking about it, that is what my cave man ancestors ate, green leaf vegetables. they didn't have much fruit, and honey had to be stolen from wild bee hives.
So simple carbohydrates were a genuine treat.

For white rice

For Indian Food

I have just read your post again. You post a lot of shite mate, but that effort takes the cake. The right wing algorithms have you sorted for sure. You need reprogramming.

How are the articles I posted right wing?

That I called you out for your bigoted ideas about msg?

Again, your big Indian friend is your personal experience. It doesn't make that experience wrong but it's fit for purpose to your friend.

My friend stopped drinking and did nothing different and lost lots of weight.

Penn from Penn and Teller, ate nothing except potatoes for a month and lost a heap ton of weight.

Some moron said to drink smoothie diet only. Another says lemon detox diet.

There are foods that are more nutritious than others but in the end it's about balanced foods that you eat and in moderation.

Old saying goes "never trust a skinny chef" but guess what, most top chefs are normal weight range and the fat chefs just eat too much or too high caloric diet.

Show me some scientific articles about toxic msg. Show me that the death rate of Asian people are higher ( statistically significant) compared to western people.

Next you're going to tell me dihydrogen monoxide is toxic too.

That I called you out for your bigoted ideas about msg?
Nothing bigoted about msg Cecil.
Full name mono sodium glutamate, apart from other things sodium is a toxic metal. Table salt, sodim chloride is also toxic.
The reason the right wing algorithms tell you about it is because processed food is full of MSG, and sugar, and there is big money in that game.

Reactions: kos
No, there is no reason you just say it's right wing.

For years people have said it's msg caused headaches etc but it was anti Chinese sentiments. You don't know that because you don't want to educate yourself.

Processed foods are toxic because they have many many things in it, not just salt.

You try living without salt, you'll be dead real quick. I think you're the one that's fallen for the algorithms. You have nothing but insults and no receipts. Standard right wing tactics.

No, there is no reason you just say it's right wing.

For years people have said it's msg caused headaches etc but it was anti Chinese sentiments. You don't know that because you don't want to educate yourself.

Processed foods are toxic because they have many many things in it, not just salt.

You try living without salt, you'll be dead real quick. I think you're the one that's fallen for the algorithms. You have nothing but insults and no receipts. Standard right wing tactics.
You can’t live without salt
And it’s easy to find
It’s in most foods so you take it in regardless
I watch sugar big time and to a lesser extent salt
There’s a potato chip brand that’s brought out a line 40 per cent less salt. Good iniative
Too much salt - hypertension
Too much sugar- diabetes
Msg - sleep bad gut issues dehydrate

You can’t live without salt
And it’s easy to find
It’s in most foods so you take it in regardless
I watch sugar big time and to a lesser extent salt
There’s a potato chip brand that’s brought out a line 40 per cent less salt. Good iniative
Too much salt - hypertension
Too much sugar- diabetes
Msg - sleep bad gut issues dehydrate
Salt is toxic but humans learned to live with it because they used it to preserve meat and fish. It lt also has to relace sweating. Like I said, water is toxic too, it can drown you.

Anyway Cyrille, I am not a nutritional expert, like I posted way back. Somebody asked me to post more so I did.
Maybe I should stop because you know it all. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Reactions: kos
Back