General NRLW Warriors 2019

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
WNRL Warriors 2019

WNRL 2019.jpg

At least they made the top 4!

Down 0-6 after 19 minutes vs Roosters. Easts do look good, as do the Warriors.

Blocker is commentating if you missed his comments for the men’s team.

A lot of one up running by our girls

Last edited by a moderator:

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
At least they made the top 4!

Down 0-6 after 19 minutes vs Roosters. Easts do look good, as do the Warriors.

Blocker is commentating if you missed his comments for the men’s team.
Was thinking I might change from the Supercars to watch it......and then you mentioned Blocker. V8’s it is then!!!

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
Poko has a good kicking game and Nichols solid at the back, with Hale being a good general.

I’ve been calling for a Fijian in the NRL side, have a tough one in this side at 6.

Ever Hopeful

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Feb 24, 2013
Poko channelling Stacey Jones

This is a way better watch than the Warriors men

JaggedJ

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 19, 2018
Lead 16-6 with less than 7 to go.

Great goal line defence and a superior kicking game has been the difference.

Don't say that often about a Warriors team.

Reactions: Rizzah

Ever Hopeful

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Feb 24, 2013
Well done to the Women. a very good game. 16-12 was probably a fair result, even with the forward pass at the end.

Unearthed a good one in Poko, hopefully she controls games consistently over the coming games.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Watched the start before I lost my TV privileges to the kids.

It is refreshing watching the women's games or even some of the lower tier games as it more resembles the league we'd see back in the 90's. Less wrestling and the play can lose it's structure which helps open things up.

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Brisbane Queensland Australia
Geez these girls play well, I think we may have a new coach to take over from Steven if we need, wonder how the boys would go with a female coach.
6 all 15 mins to play

Reactions: bruce

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Was an awesome walk up crowd today and the weather played ball too. Saw a few of the NRL boys there. Think the girls did well to hold them out as long as they did but I could always tell it was only a matter of time before the Dragons got in. Warriors were looking tired in the last quarter and sure enough the Dragons ran away with it.

Not a fan of Charntay Poko at halfback. No spark, poor passing and too slow to react to what was in front of her. Also felt Roela Radiniyavuni lack of experience showed. Apii Nicholls needs to show a lot more urgency out the back.

Need to get someone with a decent chip kick. The amount of space behind the rush defence line with no one home was alarming for most the game. Could have negated the tough defence and created more try scoring opportunities.

Happy to watch one last game at Mt Smart but so sad how far from a fortress it is now...

Reactions: Canadian_WarriorFan

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
Game is still pretty amateur but that makes it appealing in a way, thought out defence was solid for the large part but we dropped our bundle badly once they got ahead

Reactions: Aman and Swanley

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Last Game

13 Sep

5.7 Total Avg Rating
5.1 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 11 ratings