Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 25/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: Nil
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)

Last edited:
While it may sound cute lining up players for seasons 2025 and beyond, the warriors have their eyes set on winning the comp next year.

Our teams sprinkled with belief and attitude, the ingredients you need to win a comp. I mean they finished 4th this year and made the semi final with an "on paper" a less star studded team than next year's. With Dodge and KC joining next year there's leadership right across the park. Buckle up brothers thats us we on 🔥

If people are expecting a game breaking back rower then they are going to be disaopointed.
He's more of a hustler, but I honestly thought he had a meh year compared to his previous season at Donkeys post Riff. Whether that was his multitude of injuries he was carrying this year, who knows but surely played a part.

Feels like a wait and see prospect to if he starts the season injury free.

Maybe there just wasn't much to choose from, as they likely hadn't envisioned Curran leaving so late.

He's more of a hustler, but I honestly thought he had a meh year compared to his previous season at Donkeys post Riff. Whether that was his multitude of injuries he was carrying this year, who knows but surely played a part.

Feels like a wait and see prospect to if he starts the season injury free.

Maybe there just wasn't much to choose from, as they likely hadn't envisioned Curran leaving so late.
Reckon he's signed for his organisation, communication and reading the opposition's set moves and defence than his own physical prowess, could be invaluable for our edges who've look clueless at times.

Today at 8:10 PM
#6,041
Sevshark said:
Props are in high demand and low supply, I'd be surprised if you can get anyone of decent talent for less at the moment
Agreed. He feels more like a Royce Hunt style bench impact forward than a big minutes one though. If I'm the Warriors I'm all over him at that price to add some size when AFB leaves.

Today at 8:10 PM
#6,041
Sevshark said:
Props are in high demand and low supply, I'd be surprised if you can get anyone of decent talent for less at the moment
Agreed. He feels more like a Royce Hunt style bench impact forward than a big minutes one though. If I'm the Warriors I'm all over him at that price to add some size when AFB leaves.
I’d be all over him at that price too but won’t be holding my breath.

Haha I actually recommended signing all 3 of them as a package deal a couple of years ago- went down like a cup of cold sick :ROFLMAO: .
They can play though….

Haha I actually recommended signing all 3 of them as a package deal a couple of years ago- went down like a cup of cold sick :ROFLMAO: .
They can play though….
Yeah rugba leege's a great leveller when it comes to morality, ok sign em up then if they get us to a GF.

Mays running meters the last 6 games- all coming off the bench…

IMG_3931.jpeg

He also defended at 98.5% for the season.

LOCK

Jack de Belin, Matthew Eisenhuth, Zac Fulton, Max King, Isaac Liu, Damon Marshall, Trey Mooney, Tyrone Peachey, Ray Stone, Tevita Taumoepenu, Jazz Tevaga

11 players off contract

PROP

Jesse Bromwich, Thomas Burgess, Jesse Colquhoun, Mat Croker, Sione Fainu, Braden Hamlin-Uele, Peter Hola, Samuel Hughes, Valingi Kepu, Liam Knight, Matthew Lodge, Makahesi Makatoa, Terrell May, Jordan McLean, Shaquai Mitchell, Tepai Moeroa, Francis Molo, Michael Molo, Jirah Momoisea, Ofahiki Ogden, Chris Patolo, Aaron Pene, Ky Rodwell, Pasami Saulo, Jamayne Taunoa-Brown, Martin Taupau, Alec Tuitavake, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, Jarrod Wallace, Aaron Woods

30 players off contract

These guys are middle forwards off contract at the end of 2024, with us perhaps able to get a player out of their contract for him to negotiate with a certain team, would we perhaps need to look at someone here also? It’s going to take more than 1 middle to replace AFB I reckon. I like our depth across the board and think we can concentrate on middle forwards entirely with the money we’ve got.

LOCK

Jack de Belin, Matthew Eisenhuth, Zac Fulton, Max King, Isaac Liu, Damon Marshall, Trey Mooney, Tyrone Peachey, Ray Stone, Tevita Taumoepenu, Jazz Tevaga

11 players off contract

PROP

Jesse Bromwich, Thomas Burgess, Jesse Colquhoun, Mat Croker, Sione Fainu, Braden Hamlin-Uele, Peter Hola, Samuel Hughes, Valingi Kepu, Liam Knight, Matthew Lodge, Makahesi Makatoa, Terrell May, Jordan McLean, Shaquai Mitchell, Tepai Moeroa, Francis Molo, Michael Molo, Jirah Momoisea, Ofahiki Ogden, Chris Patolo, Aaron Pene, Ky Rodwell, Pasami Saulo, Jamayne Taunoa-Brown, Martin Taupau, Alec Tuitavake, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, Jarrod Wallace, Aaron Woods

30 players off contract

These guys are middle forwards off contract at the end of 2024, with us perhaps able to get a player out of their contract for him to negotiate with a certain team, would we perhaps need to look at someone here also? It’s going to take more than 1 middle to replace AFB I reckon. I like our depth across the board and think we can concentrate on middle forwards entirely with the money we’ve got.
My picks would be may, bhu, Francis molo in that order.
Jesse Colquhoun Is a good young player too but we’ve got our own young guys so probably want a bit more experience.
I also believe Oregon kaufusi has an mutual option for 2025 so he could be worth a look- apparently on $400,000- has played 100 games and half a dozen tests, a gf, a World Cup final… still young.
Sharks have a lot of depth there.
But any way u slice it there’s no replacing afb.
After tohus comments about the senior players taking certain players under their wings I’ve been wondering if Klemmer might be a decent option after all.
For a couple of years… till our young forwards establish themselves- especially if tigers were pick up some of the tab.
Since the afb news broke Ive been looking through heaps of middle forwards stats and he’s top 5.
Sure stats don’t tell the full story but they’re still useful especially over the course of a whole season.

IMG_3932.jpeg

Also credited with bringing through the saifiti boys so hes got form there.
He’s younger than capewell 🤷‍♂️
I just feel like when afb leaves we really don’t have an experienced prop- couple of guys who can play there but nowhere near Klemmers experience.

My picks would be may, bhu, Francis molo in that order.
Jesse Colquhoun Is a good young player too but we’ve got our own young guys so probably want a bit more experience.
I also believe Oregon kaufusi has an mutual option for 2025 so he could be worth a look- apparently on $400,000- has played 100 games and half a dozen tests, a gf, a World Cup final… still young.
Sharks have a lot of depth there.
But any way u slice it there’s no replacing afb.
After tohus comments about the senior players taking certain players under their wings I’ve been wondering if Klemmer might be a decent option after all.
For a couple of years… till our young forwards establish themselves- especially if tigers were pick up some of the tab.
Since the afb news broke Ive been looking through heaps of middle forwards stats and he’s top 5.
Sure stats don’t tell the full story but they’re still useful especially over the course of a whole season.

View attachment 4669

Also credited with bringing through the saifiti boys so hes got form there.
He’s younger than capewell 🤷‍♂️
I just feel like when afb leaves we really don’t have an experienced prop- couple of guys who can play there but nowhere near Klemmers experience.

I really like this young guy coming up, has that footwork that Webster likes. I agree regarding the experience, such a shame JWH would be 36 by the time. Still putting up good numbers averaging 120m a game.

Back