General NRL Salary Cap Thread

The players have it good. Don't get paid their TPA's they know they are missing. Their TPA's end up being illegal, yeah I don't know about that I leave it to my manager. So when they don't turn up is that coming from your manager or do you notice the money not being paid?

In some cases they may not know that their TPA's are illegal or that money they are receiving isn't within the cap. But it seems to be 100% of the time the players don't know.................................seems to convenient to me.

Gallen expressing his frustration that the cap is for the administration and not the players is convenient. Same excuse as the ASADA investigation the players don't question what is being put into their bodies it's up to the clubs nutrition and sport science staff.

I hate it when players trot out that line that it's not their job to know where the money comes from.

Maybe it's time the players and their agents are held to account. While those two groups are complicit, the clubs will continue paying them via dodgy channels.
It is their agents job to know all about the contract, what’s included and what isn’t and the legality of payments outside the contract. There may even be cases where the player/ agent recieve money the club is unaware of. Through their agents, the players are 100% accountable.

If my accountant mishandles my taxes, I guarantee I cannot say to the tax man it’s not my job to worry about that stuff...

Had to laugh at Rothfield on Controversy Corner.

Hughes "They won the competition in 2016. Were they advantaged in building their squad?"
Rothfield "I've gone over this in other shows the year they won the competition they were salary cap compliant"

He then tries to use Paul Kent's example using figures and uses if the cap is $5 million they were on $4.9 million.

Ok besides the easy jokes he is using figures from around 2006. The question was were they advantaged in building their side. Considering their cheating was for 2013-2018. So 3 of those years were before their premiership so the easy answer would be yes. They were also known for picking up players with the former club picking up part of the tab, that period ends how many of those players ended up moving on.

Reactions: Johnnyray
Third party agreements are still a grey area. I'd though they'd tightened them up with their own cap.

How do you prove that a club hasn't done some of the groundwork on getting those happening?
You think we would have advantage with Vodaphone, but something tells me we are morons when it comes to that kind of thing

It makes sense for Vodafone to be a sponsor instead of something outside the cap. Being the main sponsor is a lot of exposure with their branding across all of the Warriors merchandise.

If we were to do something outside it should of been when Owen Glenn came on board. Instead of having a stake in the ownership have someone with capital outside. Not sure if that is possible under the current rules, just relating it to the thoroughbreds you sometimes read about for the Broncos.

The same applies though to the sponsorship. It is better to have some ownership in the club. Partly for ego but also if they win your contribution is known.

Warriors have the highest paid winger in the comp Dallin Watene-Zelezniak - $600K (Bulldogs are still paying a part of that salary, up to $400K for this season).
Warriors have the 5th highest paid prop in the comp - Addin Fonua-Blake - $810K.

No other Warriors players are in the top 5 of their respective positions.

Warriors have the highest paid winger in the comp Dallin Watene-Zelezniak - $600K (Bulldogs are still paying a part of that salary, up to $400K for this season).
Warriors have the 5th highest paid prop in the comp - Addin Fonua-Blake - $810K.

No other Warriors players are in the top 5 of their respective positions.
Hookers are cheap! The player that touches the ball most in the game and frequently makes the most tackles are paid less than everyone else, except wings. No wonder the best athletes don’t want to play there.

Five eight - also amazingly cheap. Outside the top 5, a centre is of equal or more value than the five eight.

Considering the spine is so important it’s really the halfback and fullback that are paid as the key players.