Recruitment NRL Rumoured Player Movements, Re-signings and Rumour Mill 2023-2024

Surely there is truth to the rumours of Hastings not being good for team harmony. Why else would you swap a 26 year old game managing half for an older prop who’s on the decline. Brooks is mud and getting over $1m next year. Good 7’s are so hard to come by.

Gotta laugh at sheens and Pascoe saying we’ve made a “forensic and strategic” recruitment strategy 🤣🤣🤣 aka a shotgun approach of throwing big money at everyone and see who lands.

he supports the guys that have been screwed over by benji in past hence why adam d wants out and few other key guys left very few at the club as players supported benji and i doubt now hes coach they will now see more talent leaving that club

• Wow
Reactions: Up the guttz
Asi got a top 30 contract with the eels - good on him!! I thought he might have to settle for a development deal.

The way Dylan brown is talking in his interviews I very much doubt he will be at the eels in 2024. Prolly will land at the dolphins as they will offer the most. If by some slim chance we did get him I just hope we dint outbid the dolphins to get him. He’s a great player but they will prob throw something like $1.2m at him

Asi got a top 30 contract with the eels - good on him!! I thought he might have to settle for a development deal.

The way Dylan brown is talking in his interviews I very much doubt he will be at the eels in 2024. Prolly will land at the dolphins as they will offer the most. If by some slim chance we did get him I just hope we dint outbid the dolphins to get him. He’s a great player but they will prob throw something like $1.2m at him
Saw on an eels forum Asi is will be payed $550k a season. Doesn’t seem like a figure that’s there not to play much?

Would also seem like a false figure considering there was no competition for his signature. That would place him above Burton on the pay scale

the GRUNT up front November 20, 2022 at 5:34pm

$550k / season apparently.
Must be pretty good.

• BEM > the GRUNT up front November 20, 2022 at 5:37pm

I doubt that's accurate considering no one else was chasing him.

• Raptor Jesus > BEM November 20, 2022 at 5:38pm

Exactly, he is more likely on close to minimum wage. Probably in the ballpark of 150k. It could even be less if no one was chasing him.

• the GRUNT up front > Raptor Jesus November 20, 2022 at 8:15pm

It was obviously a piss take.
        It's 650k
Just taking the mickey I think?

Following this guys progress will be interesting. Loves to truck the nut
Screenshot_20221121-203257_Facebook.jpg

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
Nathaniel Roache has landed an NRL lifeline after a horror run with injuries.
The 26-year-old has joined Manly on a train and replacement contract.
Roache was with the Eels in 2021 on a development deal but a knee injury in June ruled him out for the remainder of the season.
It was a cruel blow for Roache, who had already suffered three ACL tears, a ruptured Achilles, a lumbar disc injury and has had ankle surgery during his short career.
But his luck has changed with a deal that also benefits Manly given they have limited options at hooker should anything happen to Lachlan Croker.

Former Eel Nathaniel Roache has picked up a lifeline with Manly. Picture: NRL Photos

Former Eel Nathaniel Roache has picked up a lifeline with Manly. Picture: NRL PhotosSource: Supplied

“Nathaniel is a quality hooker with great vision, skills and a fine running game,’’ Manly CEO Tony Mestrov said via a club statement on Monday.
“He certainly brings valuable NRL experience to our squad.
“Nathaniel has had a tough run of injuries in recent seasons but he is a very resilient young man who still has plenty to offer.
“We welcome Nathaniel to the Sea Eagles.”

Nathaniel Roache has landed an NRL lifeline after a horror run with injuries.
The 26-year-old has joined Manly on a train and replacement contract.
Roache was with the Eels in 2021 on a development deal but a knee injury in June ruled him out for the remainder of the season.
It was a cruel blow for Roache, who had already suffered three ACL tears, a ruptured Achilles, a lumbar disc injury and has had ankle surgery during his short career.
But his luck has changed with a deal that also benefits Manly given they have limited options at hooker should anything happen to Lachlan Croker.

Former Eel Nathaniel Roache has picked up a lifeline with Manly. Picture: NRL Photos

Former Eel Nathaniel Roache has picked up a lifeline with Manly. Picture: NRL PhotosSource: Supplied

“Nathaniel is a quality hooker with great vision, skills and a fine running game,’’ Manly CEO Tony Mestrov said via a club statement on Monday.
“He certainly brings valuable NRL experience to our squad.
“Nathaniel has had a tough run of injuries in recent seasons but he is a very resilient young man who still has plenty to offer.
“We welcome Nathaniel to the Sea Eagles.”
Loved Roche and was really looking forward to him being our hooker for 10+ Years. He’s had one of the worst injury runs of all time.

Loved Roche and was really looking forward to him being our hooker for 10+ Years. He’s had one of the worst injury runs of all time.
This is bro science at it's finest but I always thought he was too lean, not enough fat around the joints to keep them safe.

In saying that, here's hoping he is injury free for the rest of his career.

Reactions: Toookey
Taupau apparently to the eels on a one year deal and a club option for the second. Eels apparently leading the race for Brian To’o with the panthers apparently unable to upgrade him because their salary cap is nearly full. So many props attracting attention and none heading the Warriors way, starting to feel like we’ve got somebody lined up for 2024.

Rumours getting stronger that Mitchell Moses is off to the bulldogs.

I really like Dylan Brown and would love him at our club, but at the same time it could be a silver lining if Moses signs with the Dogs as that means almost certainly Brown would stay at the Eels.

We have Volkman, TMM and Metcalf from 2024 onwards who really could turn into a decent spine with Egan.
We can't keep chopping and changing halves every year which is what we'll be doing if Brown comes over.

I really like Dylan Brown and would love him at our club, but at the same time it could be a silver lining if Moses signs with the Dogs as that means almost certainly Brown would stay at the Eels.

We have Volkman, TMM and Metcalf from 2024 onwards who really could turn into a decent spine with Egan.
We can't keep chopping and changing halves every year which is what we'll be doing if Brown comes over.
Well sign brown and then we won’t have to change a halfback for 5-10 years.