Rumour NRL Rumoured Player Movements, Re-signings and Rumour Mill 2021-2022

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
Shaun Johnson testing the open market gets news in Sydney cause pretty much everything in league does. He did the same thing here each time he was off contract. The problem when he left was the club told him first.

The article is still pretty recent and its the off season so it's hard to test the reaction to it. The Sharks forum only has two comments, one saying he can't just wait for the club to offer him something and another saying it would be crap if they lost him.

That article only has the one comment.

Considering he hasn’t hit any great heights, and his injury concerns since he moved to the Shire, I can’t see any NRL clubs offering Shaun Johnson the big money he’s been getting since he left the Warriors. I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up going to the English Super League after the upcoming season.

He has an interesting year coming up. He has to return from a pretty big injury and secure a contract. He's also getting towards the end of his careers, a point where some of the big stars ending up taking lower offers to continue playing.

BiggerD

1st Grade Fringe
May 15, 2012
Sydney
Roosters trying to sign an All Black.

All Blacks star TJ Perenara is reportedly considering a shock code switch to the NRL.

1 News in New Zealand is reporting that Perenara is “seriously considering” the switch after the Sydney Roosters reached out to his agent Warren Alcock.
“We are talking to NZR and other parties that have approached us,” Alcock told 1 News.
Perenara, the All Blacks halfback and former Hurricanes co-captain, is plying his trade in the Japanese Top League with the Red Hurricanes, choosing to take up the short-term contract overseas late last year.
He is contracted to New Zealand Rugby until the end of this year, and said last year that his Japanese sabbatical “doesn’t mean it’s the end for me” in New Zealand.
TVNZ reporter Matt Manukia also reported “multiple sources” have confirmed the Roosters are deep in negotiations with the star.
It is reported that the Roosters want to play Perenara at hooker.
The club is in the middle of an injury crisis with star playmaker Luke Keary and former captain Jake Friend headlining the list of players unavailable.

Is he any good ??

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
K.hunt is on a train and trial contract with the Broncos.

Been a long time out of the game young Karmichael....something like thirty four now...Milford to likely be on the market next season at around 350K they recon on Fox...

Wonder if the Warriors will talk to Milford.

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
Is he any good ??
Yeah I rate him, always kinda played second string to Aaron Smith but he’d be a starter for most other countries-Canes have certainly missed him this season.
Might be a bit on the small side but he’s a good passer and runner and probably one of the best support runners around- he’s up there with the leading try scorers pretty much because of this. Yappy mouth on him might irk a few players. Warriors could certainly do worse

Ohgeelowk

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 24, 2020
Yeah I rate him, always kinda played second string to Aaron Smith but he’d be a starter for most other countries-Canes have certainly missed him this season.
Might be a bit on the small side but he’s a good passer and runner and probably one of the best support runners around- he’s up there with the leading try scorers pretty much because of this. Yappy mouth on him might irk a few players. Warriors could certainly do worse
I agree with everything you say union wise, I don’t know why, but I think he’d make a great half. Way better half I think, he’s not even the 2nd or 3rd best passer from set play in nz. But he’s a hell of a support player who has a great offload. Maybe a 6? Perhaps even a 1?

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
I agree with everything you say union wise, I don’t know why, but I think he’d make a great half. Way better half I think, he’s not even the 2nd or 3rd best passer from set play in nz. But he’s a hell of a support player who has a great offload. Maybe a 6? Perhaps even a 1?
He played a bit of 1st 5/8 last season so could likely be a 6 option, think their eggs are in the young Walker basket there though

Reactions: Worried2Death

Ever Hopeful

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Feb 24, 2013
Sounds like an announcement on Michael Maguire's future coming up...anyone want to hazard a guess at what it could be!

Last edited:

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
Tigers

PNG Kiwi

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 11, 2016
Is that for the Kiwis or the Tigers?
Hasn't he extended his contract with the Tigers?

It wasn't that long a go we were lamenting the fact that we should have signed him for the Warriors, I still think he is a good coach, but maybe his message isn't resonating with his players or he doesn't have the players that suit his game plan

wizards rage

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Hasn't he extended his contract with the Tigers?

It wasn't that long a go we were lamenting the fact that we should have signed him for the Warriors, I still think he is a good coach, but maybe his message isn't resonating with his players or he doesn't have the players that suit his game plan
A coach is only as good as his players. Players are as good as the club.

Rick O'Shay

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2013
New Plymouth

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013

God will be on a 501 Notice to come home, everyone knows NZ is Godzone

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
The article is about him potentially going to rugby. More for the headline as the article basically just has him saying its an option.

The interesting part is at the end about the Raiders being an option. Imagine Johnson playing under Ricky Stuart when he missing the side line on a penalty or kicks out on the full for the fourth time in a match. Stuart would probably be waiting for him in the dressing room ready to throw down.

Reactions: eudebrito

Warrior#214

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 13, 2016
AK
The article is about him potentially going to rugby. More for the headline as the article basically just has him saying its an option.

The interesting part is at the end about the Raiders being an option. Imagine Johnson playing under Ricky Stuart when he missing the side line on a penalty or kicks out on the full for the fourth time in a match. Stuart would probably be waiting for him in the dressing room ready to throw down.

Laurie Daley talking up the Raiders link tonight on 360

Reactions: Worried2Death

Ever Hopeful

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Feb 24, 2013
I can’t stand sticky- he knocked me back for an autograph when I was a kid.
Always thought he was a fark wit after that.

This sticks with you. When I was little (8-9) NZ cricketer Chris Pringle told me to fuck off when I asked him for an autograph. I've been sticking pins in his voodoo doll ever since!

About the same time a player from the Pakistani team took my autograph book and one by one got the whole team to sign it. I've always enjoyed watching Pakistan play!

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings