Rumour NRL Rumoured Player Movements, Re-signings and Rumour Mill 2021-2022

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
Listening to the YKTR podcast with Brandon and I’d be surprised if he didn’t go to the Roosters. The way they operate sounds uber next level compared to anything that Cam George or Mohawk could ever dream of!!

Sounds like going to the roosters is like being indoctrinated into a cult, albeit a winning one. Isaac's not the sharpest tool in the shed, mind you neither is cheese, they're both pretty easily impressed by someone who's read a book. Good luck to him but I'd trust mohawk over anyone associated with the roosters, just my opinion.

Blain

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2012
Wellington
The Dolphins will fill their roster pretty easily in the latter part of next season, picking up fringe/solid NRL players who are on the outer/looking for change.

The problem is that a lot of the top stars which will bring in the better players are being re signed or turning them down. It would be bloody hard to accept similar money if you are a gun, with the only guy signed onto play next to you is Kaufusi. Smith can play with the Roosters and their stacked roster, or get paid an extra $150k, and step into the complete unknown of 2023. Imagine seeing these signings being announced, and you don't rate the players/blokes. The first real star to sign on is taking a pretty big risk. Bennett or no Bennett.

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
Nine news reporting Smith to Roosters pretty much done deal, sounded sour on the Dolphins approach

Juju

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 9, 2012
Sounds like going to the roosters is like being indoctrinated into a cult, albeit a winning one. Isaac's not the sharpest tool in the shed, mind you neither is cheese, they're both pretty easily impressed by someone who's read a book. Good luck to him but I'd trust mohawk over anyone associated with the roosters, just my opinion.
Isaac John has had an interesting career post footy. Attempting to make the modern media brand / podcast... unfortunately it's not very good and they all come across really try hard. You couldn't really of predicted this career arch from his Warriors days.

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
Isaac John has had an interesting career post footy. Attempting to make the modern media brand / podcast... unfortunately it's not very good and they all come across really try hard. You couldn't really of predicted this career arch from his Warriors days.

I'm not quite sure what you mean, however Issac John has great podcasts and definitely not try hards..

Juju

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 9, 2012
I'm not quite sure what you mean, however Issac John has great podcasts and definitely not try hards..
Just my opinion of course - but I think they're really not good at all.
Certainly I think YKTR polarises a lot of people. I'm not into the fetishizing of American entrepreneur culture (Gary Vee etc) - It's cheesy.
Listening to the Smith podcast, while interesting to hear and inside view of Smith's experiences of meeting with the clubs - he comes out of it looking like a bit of a dick and pretty disrespectful to his current club.

The YKTR clothing brand is definitely are not cool.

Last edited:

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
He’s been lucky to have Jordan Simi and Justin Horo come onboard. Honestly, those two have made that company. I don’t really see what Isaac John offers, he just comes across that he thinks he’s smarter than he actually is. I have no doubt hes probably decent with the behind the scenes stuff.

As for that Brandon Smith podcast, he may as well have been wearing his Roosters jersey during it.

Reactions: Worried2Death

Canadian_WarriorFan

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 13, 2013
Screen Shot 2021-11-29 at 12.17.07 PM.png

Just to confirm what everyone knew.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
A player saying he wants to win a premiership or is expecting success at his new club big deal. Assuming he is going to the Roosters as it is looking likely he has a season remaining at the Storm and would be wanting to win there as well. Both clubs success is expected.

Rothfield also doesn't know what he has discussed with the Storm.

Have to love the whole they brought over from NZ trained him sob story. He was learning under Cameron Smith waiting for him to retire so he could play 9. They seem to be favouring Grant and use Brandon Smith's versatility to try and keep them both happy. All the hype this year was around Grant until near the end of the season when Smith was injured and some commentators stated Smith was arguably their best player or how much better they were with him in the side.

Rothfield needs to fill his article quota and likes to complain. Players signing a year out seems like something he will have a bee in his bonnet about and will probably use during NRL360 whenever one of those players has a bad game. He is pretty repetitive like a drunk parrot.

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
A player saying he wants to win a premiership or is expecting success at his new club big deal. Assuming he is going to the Roosters as it is looking likely he has a season remaining at the Storm and would be wanting to win there as well. Both clubs success is expected.

Rothfield also doesn't know what he has discussed with the Storm.

Have to love the whole they brought over from NZ trained him sob story. He was learning under Cameron Smith waiting for him to retire so he could play 9. They seem to be favouring Grant and use Brandon Smith's versatility to try and keep them both happy. All the hype this year was around Grant until near the end of the season when Smith was injured and some commentators stated Smith was arguably their best player or how much better they were with him in the side.

Rothfield needs to fill his article quota and likes to complain. Players signing a year out seems like something he will have a bee in his bonnet about and will probably use during NRL360 whenever one of those players has a bad game. He is pretty repetitive like a drunk parrot.

Clubs can talk about loyalty when it’s in their favour but also in this case they had Grant as a contingency so does that loyalty go both ways?

Waipiro

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 17, 2021
Tauranga, NZ
Roosters Salary Umbrella strikes again.
The money saved from Ikavalu leaving probably covered the Manu upgrade. Morris x2 money on top of Jake friends money will cover Cheese. They will just back fill with young guys or journeyman looking for a top tier club....like how Keighran went there.

Taukeiaho to Dolphins wouldnt surprise me as a future domino fall....if not Keighran himself.

Reactions: Toookey and Cces

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
Another article on Brandon Smith.

This one has Melbourne furious and may release him early. Have to love it we sign 2 guys for 2023 and likely need to wait. I wouldn't be surprised if most other clubs need to wait for 2023 and the Roosters get their guy early.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings