Rumour NRL Rumoured Player Movements, Re-signings and Rumour Mill 2021-2022

Toookey

1st Grade Fringe
May 3, 2021
Meh rather have Egan.

Reece Robson is one we missed who’s in the top 7 or 8

There’s a bunch of players that sit around that 2nd tier - Egan, Robson, the 2 Braileys, Turpin, Starling, Hodgson. Depends what you’re looking at - potential, or how they’ve gone this year. Potential, probably all of them surpass Egan but based on this year stat wise, Egan played better or as good as most of those.

Will be interesting to see next year, While Egan should improve next year, I feel the Braileys underperformed this year, Starling should get more game time, and Turpin should benefit from having Reynolds there.

JaggedJ

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 19, 2018
There's a pretty clear cut top 5 at the moment and then a grouping of players who are either vets on the decline or youngsters who are solid but yet to separate themselves one way or the other.

Brailey x 2, Robson, Turpin, Croker, Starling, Verrills, Egan, Liddle, who are all 25 or younger.

Egan might develop further, but I'm not really seeing a high ceiling, or he could stay the same and quickly get overtaken to the point where he's nowhere near top 10.

He's a place holder and our future hopes lie with Otukolo. Hopefully he develops into the hooker we need.

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
There's a pretty clear cut top 5 at the moment and then a grouping of players who are either vets on the decline or youngsters who are solid but yet to separate themselves one way or the other.

Brailey x 2, Robson, Turpin, Croker, Starling, Verrills, Egan, Liddle, who are all 25 or younger.

Egan might develop further, but I'm not really seeing a high ceiling, or he could stay the same and quickly get overtaken to the point where he's nowhere near top 10.

He's a place holder and our future hopes lie with Otukolo. Hopefully he develops into the hooker we need.
Egan is 10th, or just squeaking into 10th admittedly, based a large number of performances that have been acceptable level. He just showed glimpses of running in his last few outings. If he can add a running game then he will be at the top of the young gun grouping although still short of the elite top 5.
If we have a spine where our hooker is ranked say 7th then he will be one of the Warriors strengths we build around for a number of years. He is definitely an asset and last year (2021) he played better than Isaac Luke ever did for the Warriors. Therefore he is the best hooker we have had in the last 5 years.

Reactions: Yomama

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
I will ask in this thread so I don't get banned
"
Taylor made upwards of 100-appearances for the expansion franchise between 2016 and 2021, however, underwhelming performances and the Titans' decision to opt for youthful halves next season saw the Queenslander forced out of Justin Holbrook's side.

Still, with the experience of six seasons of first-grade football under his belt, even if Taylor sees little to no action for the Shaky Isles side, his presence at practice - along with Shaun Johnson - is certain to be beneficial for young half Chanel Harris-Tavita."

Who the hell are the Shaky Isles? Is that New Zealand? Lynn of Tawa would turn in her grave. How long has that expression been around?

• Haha
Reactions: Defence and Toookey

tajhay

Negative Nancy
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
I will ask in this thread so I don't get banned
"
Taylor made upwards of 100-appearances for the expansion franchise between 2016 and 2021, however, underwhelming performances and the Titans' decision to opt for youthful halves next season saw the Queenslander forced out of Justin Holbrook's side.

Still, with the experience of six seasons of first-grade football under his belt, even if Taylor sees little to no action for the Shaky Isles side, his presence at practice - along with Shaun Johnson - is certain to be beneficial for young half Chanel Harris-Tavita."

Who the hell are the Shaky Isles? Is that New Zealand? Lynn of Tawa would turn in her grave. How long has that expression been around?
It's used often in Aus to reference NZ which is known for its seismic activity. Nothing derogatory in that.

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
Reading my own post above. If we are chasing Dylan brown then we officially don’t rate CHT

Reactions: wizards rage

JaggedJ

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 19, 2018
Egan is 10th, or just squeaking into 10th admittedly, based a large number of performances that have been acceptable level. He just showed glimpses of running in his last few outings. If he can add a running game then he will be at the top of the young gun grouping although still short of the elite top 5.
If we have a spine where our hooker is ranked say 7th then he will be one of the Warriors strengths we build around for a number of years. He is definitely an asset and last year (2021) he played better than Isaac Luke ever did for the Warriors. Therefore he is the best hooker we have had in the last 5 years.

The problem there is that very few hookers add a running game. They may have patches where they run a little more here or there, but they rarely change who they are significantly.

Far more examples of hookers running a lot earlier in their career and then tailoring off as their careers wear on than the other way around.

I doubt Egan will ever be a consistent dummy half running threat which leaves his improvement to come from other areas and I feel he's closer to his ceiling than floor in those areas.

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
Shocked to see this morning that the roosters are about to blow the other teams away for Brandon Smith. Been trying to paste a fox article with no success from back in June titled Roosters have lost three greats in one year, there’s not a lot of money left. Since that article they have only signed and re signed players and released none.

Reactions: Bushman and Toookey

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
Listening to the YKTR podcast with Brandon and I’d be surprised if he didn’t go to the Roosters. The way they operate sounds uber next level compared to anything that Cam George or Mohawk could ever dream of!!

I said it a while back, its clear the guy wants to be in Central Sydney/Bondi. Its been on the cards for a while and been obvious for the last few months since his dealings with YKTR have been documented

That only thing i didn't predict is them being able to fit both Manu and Brandon Smith.

Toookey

1st Grade Fringe
May 3, 2021
I said it a while back, its clear the guy wants to be in Central Sydney/Bondi. Its been on the cards for a while and been obvious for the last few months since his dealings with YKTR have been documented

That only thing i didn't predict is them being able to fit both Manu and Brandon Smith.
Have they announced the re-signing of Manu yet? I know Manu has allegedly told them he’s not leaving, but maybe if they get Smith they can’t afford him after all. Manus a top player but similar to Storm with GI all those years ago, he was the most expendable

Reactions: Tragic

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
If Cotric ends up at the Raiders, will they have an excess of centres?
Maybe we should jump on? CNK?
Funny now as the Warriors are almost associated with every signing these days.

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
Junior will also leave, this is coming from someone that knows Junior. As above Brown to the Warriors. Fuck
  • Parrapowa > Bateau Bay Eel November 27, 2021 at 3:40pm
    Yh junior signed 900k with dolphins

Off the eels forum. O Sullivan having trouble filling the dolphins roster if they’re offering Paulo $900k

W.A warrior

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 8, 2014
Junior will also leave, this is coming from someone that knows Junior. As above Brown to the Warriors. Fuck
  • Parrapowa > Bateau Bay Eel November 27, 2021 at 3:40pm
    Yh junior signed 900k with dolphins

Off the eels forum. O Sullivan having trouble filling the dolphins roster if they’re offering Paulo $900k
Can’t help feeling a little warm inside when I see the Dolphins struggling filling their roster and paying overs if true.
Loved POS but now wish him no success in getting that squad sorted

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings