Rumour NRL Rumoured Player Movements, Re-signings and Rumour Mill 2021-2022

Waipiro

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 17, 2021
Tauranga, NZ
Poor mans Kikau? Kikau is a one trick pony = Huge body, Powerful runner. Luciano for a big man is very skillful with ball in hand. Plus a bit of size to bust the line.
But is he worth 733k? Probably not.
I reckon Kikau is probably quicker and a better defender than Luciano too......And Kikau has a decent offload. Not sure about a one trick pony...

Reactions: Defence

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
Pos is the wrong man for dolphins
It was great he got the warriors parsimonious deals but he hadn’t landed anybody for the dolphins of note and parsimony is the wrong tactic for an expansion franchise
Must be being too careful with his offers. He missed out on tino recently to the Titans
Pos left us just in time maybe
His recommendations to watch Egan for 6 games was a cheap skate Scrooge mcduck recommendation.
He said in a news article three weeks ago he would announce some dolphins signings within 2 weeks

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
Knights have knocked back the Foran rumour
They are talking about not acquiring anyone
Apparently Kurt Mann and Phoenix Crossland are good enough

Waipiro

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 17, 2021
Tauranga, NZ
His recommendations to watch Egan for 6 games was a cheap skate Scrooge mcduck recommendation.
TBF I think these types of moves are sometimes to motivate a player that they need to be better or they can be used if a player is asking for more than the club wants to pay for them. Its a calculated risk but generally it would be used if you were prepared to lose that player. As the market moves, and players move, the club will always need to keep assessing how they plan to adjust their approach. to signings

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
TBF I think these types of moves are sometimes to motivate a player that they need to be better or they can be used if a player is asking for more than the club wants to pay for them. Its a calculated risk but generally it would be used if you were prepared to lose that player. As the market moves, and players move, the club will always need to keep assessing how they plan to adjust their approach. to signings
Watch Eels come in and grab Egan now they’ve lost Mahoney.

Western Sydney kid

Reactions: J_P and Swanley

Yomama

U20's Player
Sep 24, 2021
I reckon Kikau is probably quicker and a better defender than Luciano too......And Kikau has a decent offload. Not sure about a one trick pony...
Someone said he is a poor man's Kikau. I disagree. Hes got a different skillset to Kikau. To ME, Kikau is a one trick pony. Big & strong. You added fast. Which doesn't change his bag of tricks much.

Reactions: Waipiro

Blain

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2012
Wellington
Poor mans Kikau? Kikau is a one trick pony = Huge body, Powerful runner. Luciano for a big man is very skillful with ball in hand. Plus a bit of size to bust the line.
But is he worth 733k? Probably not.

Yeah I was more referring to him also being an attacking player, who is hot and cold. I wasn't meaning he was the EXACT same player...

Reactions: Yomama

Aman

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 9, 2016
‘Since O’Sullivan left for the Dolphins and Hodges was promoted from an assistant coach to his new role, he, along with CEO Cameron George and head coach Nathan Brown have re-evaluated some of the previous retention decisions.

“We reassessed everything to decide what direction we wanted the team to go in and how we needed to get it there,” Hodges said.’

Best recruitment manager in the game… makes players perform for their pay; long term planning; signs players for unders; rebalances the squad with money spent in the right areas…

And 5 minutes after he’s gone we change plan???

This is why I haven’t been posting much lately. After POS left I knew we were back to square one and just back to repeating history and making the same mistakes.

W.A warrior

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 8, 2014
We dodged a massive bullet with Payton.
Hard! Can’t believe the salaries they are paying for Average/Slightly above average players.
I hope for the Cowboys fans sake the reported price tags are exaggerated.
On Payten as well, Taumalolo regression this year has been shocking.
The way Payten has played him has been baffling, obviously annoyed JT as well.

Reactions: Defence

Cces

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 12, 2013
Christchurch
Egan is in the top ten hookers in the league
To be top 10 he'd need to be better than at least 3 of these blokes:
Cook, Koroisau, Smith, Grant, Mahoney, Hodgson, Starling, Brailey x2, Kenny, McCullough & McInnes. Add Connor Watson to that list in 2022 too plus the potential return of Manase Fainu.
Despite Egan having youth over many on that list I'd pick every single one ahead of him

Reactions: Swanley and tajhay

Fonzie

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 22, 2018
To be top 10 he'd need to be better than at least 3 of these blokes:
Cook, Koroisau, Smith, Grant, Mahoney, Hodgson, Starling, Brailey x2, Kenny, McCullough & McInnes. Add Connor Watson to that list in 2022 too plus the potential return of Manase Fainu.
Despite Egan having youth over many on that list I'd pick every single one ahead of him
I’d put him on par with Brailey (sharks) and Kenny, ahead of Starling, and about to overtake McCullough.

Reactions: francis

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings