Rumour NRL Rumoured Player Movements, Re-signings and Rumour Mill 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noitall

Noitall

Can’t disagree but we’re gonna have to take a punt on someone to fill the 7 next year and pickings are slim.
I was thinking more swapping green for Milford with immediate effect.
We offer him 1.5M for two years with brisbane tipping in $500,000.
Essentially costing us $500,000 a year so still some change left over from green.
Just throwing some ideas around here...
Chanel Harris-Tavita and Mllford partnered each other in the halves for Samoa against the Kumuls last year. Played quite well together.

Reactions: 2 users
Vancent

Vancent

🫣
Contributor
Can’t disagree but we’re gonna have to take a punt on someone to fill the 7 next year and pickings are slim.
I was thinking more swapping green for Milford with immediate effect.
We offer him 1.5M for two years with brisbane tipping in $500,000.
Essentially costing us $500,000 a year so still some change left over from green.
Just throwing some ideas around here...
All things considered, would be a smart option given the limited alternative options (not) available to us.

It’s a gamble to some degree but I think there are worst ways to spend $500k - and I wouldn’t rule out a club change giving him a lift for a couple of years - then he’d be someone else’s challenge.

Yes to that proposal I say.

Reactions: 1 users

6Again

Isn’t the MILF more of a 6 than 7?? not the worst kicking game but if it were he and Chanel Harris-Tavita in the halves we‘d all be hearings crickets out there on the pitch.

Don‘t object to the idea, he’s a better player than he’s shown in recent seasons but the team really needs someone to direct players around the park because few of them really seem to understand their role.

Defence

Defence

Isn’t the MILF more of a 6 than 7?? not the worst kicking game but if it were he and Chanel Harris-Tavita in the halves we‘d all be hearings crickets out there on the pitch.

Don‘t object to the idea, he’s a better player than he’s shown in recent seasons but the team really needs someone to direct players around the park because few of them really seem to understand their role.

Totally agree but who is this mysterious game manager? They’re as rare as hens teeth- the only one on the market is foz but then u have the whole injury thing.
Much like the coaching situation we’re not gonna get one who ticks all the boxes- gonna have to think outside the square.

6Again

Totally agree but who is this mysterious game manager? They’re as rare as hens teeth- the only one on the market is foz but then u have the whole injury thing.
Much like the coaching situation we’re not gonna get one who ticks all the boxes- gonna have to think outside the square.

‘Yeah it’s tough, what about Jackson Hastings, what’s he doing - kids got a mouth on him.

Reactions: 1 user
Defence

Defence

Nikorima/milf clearly didn’t work at the broncos so they had to move one on....

True although they have got a lot worse since they broke that combo up so maybe they weren’t the problem after all?
Maybe if they were only paying milf half a mill they could’ve built a better side around him?
Just playing devils advocate...

Ever Hopeful

Ever Hopeful

Contributor
Sam Burgess looking to come out of medical retirement for Souths next year. Who saw that salary cap rort of epic proportion coming...

2 million off the cap between him and Inglis.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12 users
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Sam Burgess looking to come out of medical retirement for Souths next year. Who saw that salary cap rort of epic proportion coming...

2 million off the cap between him and Inglis.
shouldnt be allowed back either of them, but i bet they will be and end up with the roosters to boot.

Reactions: 1 user
Ever Hopeful

Ever Hopeful

Contributor
shouldnt be allowed back either of them, but i bet they will be and end up with the roosters to boot.

Sounds like he'll be back at Souths, so they essentially got his season-ending injury paid for, got him exempted from their 30 contracted players and got Latrell in return.

The commentators and after match shows were fapping over his return. Great player who has been missed, who disappointingly had his career ended prematurely, but surely you can't just waltz back in after being medically retired. This is rife for exploitation, the last thing the game needs are more cap loopholes.

Souths have been able to pay him in an off-field role this year too.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
mrblonde

mrblonde

Yes, Mr NRL Cap Man, we'd like to apply for the following players to be retired due to a rare medical diagnosis. Although rare, it was noted in Latin times, hence it's Latin term crapatrugbyleagueitus, also known as gostuffupanothernrlteambuggeroffosis.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Rick O'Shay

Rick O'Shay

This Burgess crap is a joke and just shows not only how corrupt the NRL is but also how inept they are at managing the game (if it is allowed)

Reactions: 7 users
ArtySubs

ArtySubs

What this shows is that anyone who says there’s no way officials would purposely ref against the warriors and that it’s just I’ll discipline, is full of s**t! The whole systems corrupt.

xWarrior

Screenshot 20200919 075309 cominstagramandroid

Lol at Addin Fonua-Blake comment 😂.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
95forever

95forever

I didn’t believe in god up till 20 mins ago when I read this.

Attachments

• 5CE4B195-998F-468F-BB0C-21346B1DA9AB.jpeg
    5CE4B195-998F-468F-BB0C-21346B1DA9AB.jpeg
    38.2 KB · Views: 23
  • Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.