Rumour NRL Rumoured Player Movements, Re-signings and Rumour Mill 2019/2020

Stalefish540

CovidWarriors-2020
Contributor
May 13, 2017
Mt. Smart
Definitely agree that Flanagan is a good player but he is no Cronk. Don't think he will ever get to that level but time will tell.
You are thinking of Cronk as you remember him now, at the same age Cronk was a utility off the bench for the Storm. With Cronk as his halves coach, and Roosters as his club he is every chance to become a great half. Time will tell I guess.

JaggedJ

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 19, 2018
You are thinking of Cronk as you remember him now, at the same age Cronk was a utility off the bench for the Storm. With Cronk as his halves coach, and Roosters as his club he is every chance to become a great half. Time will tell I guess.
If not they'll just turn to one of the 3 or so highly rated halves they poached from other teams junior nursery.

Reactions: Stalefish540

tajhay

Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
It’s amazing how the Roosters magically managed to find some more unused cap to be able to afford another elite player... plus they threw in a $75k transfer fee.
It's possible to do magic tricks like that when you are successful, quality players are willing to play for you to develop their game/with a great core of professional players/coaches, and don't have to bid up big to sign untested NRL players, only to be rejected....

It's only right that Warriors fans hate that, because in our current trajectory we will never be like them, or have that recruitment power.

Swanny

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 18, 2017
Reports had him in the 400k range this year which is one of the reasons he was told to look around at the end of last year. His departure is alleviating the salary cap issues the Sharks have
I had previously seen 400k thrown around, but have now also seen 285k mentioned

Blindside

1st Grade Fringe
May 24, 2012
It's possible to do magic tricks like that when you are successful, quality players are willing to play for you to develop their game/with a great core of professional players/coaches, and don't have to bid up big to sign untested NRL players, only to be rejected....

It's only right that Warriors fans hate that, because in our current trajectory we will never be like them, or have that recruitment power.
But, but, but... Boy George's phone is running hot.

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
They lost Cronk and Latrell last year, thats about 1.4mil. Jmoz was only on about 200k or so at the Sharks so not big dollars.
So the Sharks remove 200k from their cap and by default have to replace him with a $110k minimum salary player in his squad spot. Because we are half way through the financial year they only save half the 90k.

They lose an elite player over $45k and now they are cap compliant?

Stalefish540

CovidWarriors-2020
Contributor
May 13, 2017
Mt. Smart
So the Sharks remove 200k from their cap and by default have to replace him with a $110k minimum salary player in his squad spot. Because we are half way through the financial year they only save half the 90k.

I said it could be in the range of 200-275, it would appear it is closer to the 275-280 or so that someone else posted. The problem is, noone wanted to buy the players they put up to be shed. So they had to put up something another club would take. They only needed to shed a few dollars to be compliant, it wasn't a sizeable % of their cap.

Reactions: Tragic and tajhay

Stalefish540

CovidWarriors-2020
Contributor
May 13, 2017
Mt. Smart

They explained their cap issues and the jmoz situation well on 360 the other night, I just can't remember the exact details.

fizurg

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
hamilton

if I was a player who had been at an elite level and earned big money during that time. I would seriously consider any team that give me a genuine chance at another title. Even if it meant taking unders.
an extra $100k won’t mean that much to him but playing in another grand final could mean a lot.
I long for the day the Warriors become one of those teams

Stalefish540

CovidWarriors-2020
Contributor
May 13, 2017
Mt. Smart
if I was a player who had been at an elite level and earned big money during that time. I would seriously consider any team that give me a genuine chance at another title. Even if it meant taking unders.
an extra $100k won’t mean that much to him but playing in another grand final could mean a lot.
Hows your cryogenic chamber coming along?

Murraytd

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 5, 2014
Brisbane
I agree. However, i thought there was a process (excuse the word) in place to ensure a players talent is correctly remunerated. Therefore stopping (haha) the likes of the rorters paying unders based on probable priemership success?.

fizurg

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
hamilton
I agree. However, i thought there was a process (excuse the word) in place to ensure a players talent is correctly remunerated. Therefore stopping (haha) the likes of the rorters paying unders based on probable priemership success?.
From what I can gather that’s only there to stop people blatantly taking advantage of the situation. Players accept unders all the time. Gallen and Parker are noted examples.
Apparently the NRL wouldn’t let Johnson play for the Roosters on next to nothing so he ended up at the sharks.

Reactions: Murraytd

Upcoming Match

Penrith Panthers Campbelltown Stadium Rate Match

Last Game

05 Jun

4.9 Total Avg Rating
5.8 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 18 ratings