Rumour NRL Rumoured Player Movements, Re-signings and Rumour Mill 2019/2020

Paleaaesina2the20

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 6, 2013
Melbourne
So Doueihi has signed with the Tigers and snubbed the Roosters, thats awesome - gaves second tiered teams hope of signing players and not all snapped up by the bigger clubs.
Except that the rumour is the Roosters pulled out of going for Doueihi and are going to get Bronson Xerri instead, who is one of the most dynamic young players in the game. Has turned down a $2.5mil extension from the Sharks and is likely to be at the Roosters after this season.

Tedster

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 29, 2014
I thought Xerri was testing his value on the open market after Nov 2020 when contract runs out - i don't know why they allow the players to do this, imagine if it was RTS rejecting a huge extension to test his worth a year out from his contract is due, there certainly would be some worried Warriors fans/management....... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: I don't mind Doueihi - seems to be a good young prospect, good luck to him at the tiggers.

Reactions: bruce and Defence

Blain

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2012
Wellington
Lol eh, are you saying a player should have to re-sign with the club they are already at? If a club offers you a contract, you can say yes or no. Most likely it's the manager rolling the dice. Sharks might even up their offer. Nothing like a few rumours to talk up your price. Or, he could have an average season and lose out on the $$.

I'm amazed at Doughei's contract, he's shown to be an OK utility player with decent potential. Another overpaid bit's and bobs player for the Tigers to go with Mbye and Reynolds.

Tedster

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 29, 2014
Lol eh, are you saying a player should have to re-sign with the club they are already at? If a club offers you a contract, you can say yes or no. Most likely it's the manager rolling the dice. Sharks might even up their offer. Nothing like a few rumours to talk up your price. Or, he could have an average season and lose out on the $$.

I'm amazed at Doughei's contract, he's shown to be an OK utility player with decent potential. Another overpaid bit's and bobs player for the Tigers to go with Mbye and Reynolds.
No, not at all, its good to test their worth but i don't agree they should be able to do this before their current one is up. Negotiations shouldn't be so far out - but hey, i'm sure we all have different views on it. :)

warriors55

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 12, 2017

I didn't use to think so but Doughei is actually a really good player. I think he is a good signing for the Tigers.

PullinTeeth

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 11, 2017
I know it's only a few days past the supposed deadline of David Fifita announcing resigning with the Broncos, but has anyone heard about why there's been a delay.

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
who wants to be a sharkies player - not Josh morris. He wants out to play with his brother at the roosters, has asked for an immediate release.
Only cronnella said No