Same team list

• Yes

Votes: 94 91.3%
  • No - need changes

Votes: 9 8.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure Jazz and Walker coming on for AFB and Barnett as per the Knights game is going to slow us to outplay the Bronco s forwards
We need a second big prop to run hard dent their line and tire them
His name begins with B

Broncos have got Haas and Flegler remind me some one who their back up props are.

We can win this, If we take Walsh out of the game make him play error riddled football & nullify Carrigan, kicking to their back 5 keeping them down near their own territory, we will win alot of their attack relies on them, our forwards will match theirs I have no doubt in my mind, so pretty much exact same way we played Knights is pretty much the way we have to play. Let's go
I really rate our chances if we can get into the grind with them

If it’s an open expansive game we could get thumped …

I would like to see Walsh negated by starving them of quality ball. Be smart about our territory. Chase like buggery until the final whistle. The key I think to shutting down Walshys cut out passes is to have line speed like teams did to us last quarter of the season. Otherwise dominate the play the ball speed.

Pretty much the same team .... biggest worry to me after coming down from the adrenalin fueled hype last Sat is the boys rock up to Brizzy flat like a popped balloon.
I Hope not, would like to see us switched on and give it all.... not gonna be easy to play like that 2 weeks in a row...

Pretty much the same team .... biggest worry to me after coming down from the adrenalin fueled hype last Sat is the boys rock up to Brizzy flat like a popped balloon.
I Hope not, would like to see us switched on and give it all.... not gonna be easy to play like that 2 weeks in a row...
Pretty sure we will have plenty of vocal support.
Kiwis from Brisbane Gold coast and our previous home Redcliffe.
Gold Coast and Redcliffe supporters will be there to hopefully see the enemy Broncos get flogged

I really rate our chances if we can get into the grind with them

If it’s an open expansive game we could get thumped …
100%

If they run hot for 20mins like we did against Newcastle, it will be a long way back. If we can stay in the grind and keep it close who knows. For mine a victory will only come late and or at the death, we won't blow them off the park like Newcastle it just won't happen.

They will not come in flat either, they have too many origin studs for that to happen. We are going to have to be on for 80mins to have a chance, they won't tire like Newcastle. They disposed of Melbourne in the same fashion Penrith did to us.

I hope Pompey is as solid in defence as he was Saturday, working inside and out with TMM and Montoya. I know there's a lot more to it than that but it is interesting to note that all of the Broncos tries against the Storm went through or around Tonumaipea - and that in a game when they weren't exactly having a hard time elsewhere positionally speaking - showed a definite preference for that side - that said totally agree it will be a middles battle which will be determinative

At that stage, it was game all over. Webby chose to give his hard-working props a good rest, thinking of next week.
My stats showed they increased the set distance right though the second half, they were behind for a while in the first. The Knights were a tough pack.

I think start Freddy as hooker, first 20 minutes, then Wade comes on and Freddy is backup insurance.
Basically what the Storm employed against the chooks.

Just gotta say.

I was down on Adam Pompey earlier this year for a dumb error that cost us a game.

He seems to be really working on his game and had been valuable as a backup goalkicker for SJ.

Then if you consider the personal improvement right through the squad.

AFB has always been good, but he could well be DallyM this year.

DWZ could well end up be leading try scorer, and even now is a better player than Dominic Young. I don't know where he fits on the Dally M.

Some on here have been slower than me to appreciate Rocco Berry, but heyzeuss the kid has come on this year.

I see the Aussie press are raving about Webby in pressers.

Can the guy do anything wrong, is he human? Jut asking like?

But it didn't pan out. He played one stint there by memory and in the end they settled after a few games into the season of Niukore from second row to centre and Curran to replace the vacant second row spot.

Let's say we line up 1 to 17 on saturday which even I don't mind as I am just conjecturing for shits and giggles

Our injury replacements for broken legs in the first ten minutes looks like this

1) CNK broken leg - Niukore to centre. Pompey to wing. Dallin to fullback. This not ideal as we lose Dallin's strike off the wing. We will lose if this happens,
2) Either wing breaks a leg, Niukore to centre, Pompey to whatever wing. We will be ok if this happens.
3) Centre breaks a leg Niukore to centre
4) A half goes down, Walker to half
5) a prop either afb or barnett goes down. Tohu to prop. Jazz to lock.
6) Egan goes down. Sironen steps in
7) Second rower breaks a leg - Curran steps in
8) Harris breaks a leg. Jazz or Walker to lock

Sironen covers one eventuality and is a poor man's utility which is why I presume Webster is cutting him free next year. CHT is a rich mans utility can cover full back, half, and hooker to a very high standard.

As of yet no one has picked up Siros contract. Not even a sniff from tigers where his Dad played. Super League havn't returned his texts either is my understanding.
You claim to a man you trust Webster judgement, well he has made a judgement about Sironen.
You must be in direct contact with Sironens manager to know all this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back