Same team list

• Yes

Votes: 94 91.3%
  • No - need changes

Votes: 9 8.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of benches have a hooker and back reserve. Used to be real common around 2018 and 2019. We used to put Gelling on the bench remember and he would never get on the field.
If I remember heart break losses in big matches it has been where a back has broken their leg in the first minute causing an entire reshuffle of the team and our shapes went out the window.

Lots of benches have a hooker and back reserve. Used to be real common around 2018 and 2019. We used to put Gelling on the bench remember and he would never get on the field.
Lots of benchs don't have the luxury of a versatile player like Siro.
The game has advanced since the 2018 and 19 .
Mainly because of the 6 again rules

Lots of benchs don't have the luxury of a versatile player like Siro.
The game has advanced since the 2018 and 19 .
Mainly because of the 6 again rules
Is he really that versatile? He covers hooker and second row....hardly a Mr fix it.

Has anyone heard anything from the NRL around the reasoning for the broncos getting a home game at Suncorp??

The panthers/storm game is at a neutral venue!! We should be playing the Broncos in Sydney!!!
Crowd revenue
Bronco s game s at Suncorp are so well attended that nrl has turned a blind eye to the neutrality factor. $$$ through the gate rules

$2600 later……I’m ready! Is it Saturday yet??
B8888F82-8679-4925-B19B-B10C95600E13.jpeg

And Lussick covers?
He can cover hooker for 78 minutes if needed nobody else in the 2023 squad can replace Egan if he goes in the first half
As someone mentioned maybe a moot point in 2024 if CHT agrees to the utility role as he could cover hooker for a full game in event of emergency. I am starting to see the CHT signing as a real strong one after initially being surprised by it.

Center as well.
But it didn't pan out. He played one stint there by memory and in the end they settled after a few games into the season of Niukore from second row to centre and Curran to replace the vacant second row spot.

Let's say we line up 1 to 17 on saturday which even I don't mind as I am just conjecturing for shits and giggles

Our injury replacements for broken legs in the first ten minutes looks like this

1) CNK broken leg - Niukore to centre. Pompey to wing. Dallin to fullback. This not ideal as we lose Dallin's strike off the wing. We will lose if this happens,
2) Either wing breaks a leg, Niukore to centre, Pompey to whatever wing. We will be ok if this happens.
3) Centre breaks a leg Niukore to centre
4) A half goes down, Walker to half
5) a prop either afb or barnett goes down. Tohu to prop. Jazz to lock.
6) Egan goes down. Sironen steps in
7) Second rower breaks a leg - Curran steps in
8) Harris breaks a leg. Jazz or Walker to lock

Sironen covers one eventuality and is a poor man's utility which is why I presume Webster is cutting him free next year. CHT is a rich mans utility can cover full back, half, and hooker to a very high standard.

As of yet no one has picked up Siros contract. Not even a sniff from tigers where his Dad played. Super League havn't returned his texts either is my understanding.
You claim to a man you trust Webster judgement, well he has made a judgement about Sironen.

Hey this is a fantastic post Dave. Really enjoyed reading that !
Winning percentages and experience aside and just thinking of their form in 2023....who is the better halfback?
Hard to say mate, you'd have to think Shaun is the favourite for the Dally M - taking that out of the equation they're probably around about equal. Form and results would dictate that Reynolds just has the edge, but on their day it'd be hard to split them.

But it didn't pan out. He played one stint there by memory and in the end they settled after a few games into the season of Niukore from second row to centre and Curran to replace the vacant second row spot.

Let's say we line up 1 to 17 on saturday which even I don't mind as I am just conjecturing for shits and giggles

Our injury replacements for broken legs in the first ten minutes looks like this

1) CNK broken leg - Niukore to centre. Pompey to wing. Dallin to fullback. This not ideal as we lose Dallin's strike off the wing. We will lose if this happens,
2) Either wing breaks a leg, Niukore to centre, Pompey to whatever wing. We will be ok if this happens.
3) Centre breaks a leg Niukore to centre
4) A half goes down, Walker to half
5) a prop either afb or barnett goes down. Tohu to prop. Jazz to lock.
6) Egan goes down. Sironen steps in
7) Second rower breaks a leg - Curran steps in
8) Harris breaks a leg. Jazz or Walker to lock

Sironen covers one eventuality and is a poor man's utility which is why I presume Webster is cutting him free next year. CHT is a rich mans utility can cover full back, half, and hooker to a very high standard.

As of yet no one has picked up Siros contract. Not even a sniff from tigers where his Dad played. Super League havn't returned his texts either is my understanding.
You claim to a man you trust Webster judgement, well he has made a judgement about Sironen.
Your a hard marker Wrighty.
Just watched another replay from Saturday and given that while Siro was fresh he stepped right up was great for us.

Agreed. I think young Freddy is a player who will make something of himself as he matures - but Siro (while he has his moments) is a far better addition to the side in finals and will do a job wherever he has to fill.
Yes I know who I would rather have coming off the bench

We can win this, If we take Walsh out of the game make him play error riddled football & nullify Carrigan, kicking to their back 5 keeping them down near their own territory, we will win alot of their attack relies on them, our forwards will match theirs I have no doubt in my mind, so pretty much exact same way we played Knights is pretty much the way we have to play. Let's go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back