Same team list

• Yes

Votes: 94 91.3%
  • No - need changes

Votes: 9 8.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone heard anything from the NRL around the reasoning for the broncos getting a home game at Suncorp??

The panthers/storm game is at a neutral venue!! We should be playing the Broncos in Sydney!!!
I don't think that's correct. I think it is based on capacity of the stadium for this week. We would likely have had to play at Eden Park this week if we had won the first round of the finals.

I always find it truly odd when someone adopts a foreign team when there is a local one available

I'd imagine in a war situtation, they'd be the first to defect to the other side and start snitching. Or in prison, they'd be on the side of the screws. Or they'd be a neighbour that dobs you in for parking funny. Or they'd make a point of mowing their berm only up to the edge of their property line, when they could easily make things look nicer overall by just mowing a bit further.

Never trust these guys
Made me laugh.

The most dissapointing ones are the Kiwis that don't even watch league, they just have a fk you Warriors I am wearing other colors because I just don't like you, those guys you can't even have a conversation with about the NRL.

Hopefully the week off will hamper the Broncos and they will come out sluggish.

Have to remember that they are new to finials footy. The week off is good for experienced finals teams like Panthers, storm, roosters etc but it could really hurt the Broncos
I kinda think the opposite. I think they will come out with a lot of energy and physicality initially and if we can see that off then we might find they struggle to get in to the grind and make mistakes - they are expecting to beat us. If they score points eraly then their confidence will build even more.

I think maybe you guys are just getting a little carried away really. Our websites have an extremely long relationship over over 20 years of mutual respect for each other.

Where you guys are reading arrogance, sure, there's a certain arrogance about being confident in your team's ability over their opposition, but the outrage here from some members is just a little silly. That's not to say we don't have our portkchops out there trolling, but deadset, have a little fun guys.

Tell Broncos fans what my mate back home in the Naki told me when I told him the Broncos were going to flog yas. "Get fucked, you're going down".
Best mate over in Brisbane is a Broncos fan - he brought a memership and a Warriors jersey and has backed us all season just as passionately as he backs the Broncos. I've returned the favour. While I'd love us to win, if you get over us then the better team on the day managed it ;)

Someone on this site put a bet on at the start of the year when they were paying $46 to win the competition
I think it went higher than that. I got them at 51 but I suspect it went upto mid to high 50s

Screenshot_20230917_200011.jpg

7 Shaun is better and more experienced than Reynolds. Is Reynolds a former golden boot winner ? No he isn’t is he. Has Reynolds played test match football ? Enough said about him
Have to disagree with this one Wrighty - I'm all love for SJ, but Reyno is a premiership winner. He's also played in the era of Cooper Cronk and Nathan Cleary - you're hardly going to play Reynolds as a 14 on the bench for a test match.

And sure, SJ won the golden boot, but when it comes to the NRL - Reynolds has the bickies over SJ.

Both fantastic players that are vital to their teams success, but to say SJ Is better than Reynolds is simply not true. One great year doesn't discount all the years of slim pickings.

EDIT:

Adam Reynolds has also played in 21 NRL finals games for a 54% winning percentage, 2 games for Australia, 2 games for NSW in State of Origin.
Shaun Johnson has played 6 NRL finals games for a 33% winning percentage, and 32 games for New Zealand.

Shaun might have the advantage in internationals, but Reynolds has him well covered at clubland. And this game isn't an international.

Last edited:
Have to disagree with this one Wrighty - I'm all love for SJ, but Reyno is a premiership winner. He's also played in the era of Cooper Cronk and Nathan Cleary - you're hardly going to play Reynolds has a 14 on the bench for a test match.

And sure, SJ won the golden boot, but when it comes to the NRL - Reynolds has the bickies over SJ.

Both fantastic players that are vital to their teams success, but to say SJ Is better than Reynolds is simply not true. One great year doesn't discount all the years of slim pickings.

EDIT:

Adam Reynolds has also played in 21 NRL finals games for a 54% winning percentage, 2 games for Australia, 2 games for NSW in State of Origin.
Shaun Johnson has played 6 NRL finals games for a 33% winning percentage, and 32 games for New Zealand.

Shaun might have the advantage in internationals, but Reynolds has him well covered at clubland. And this game isn't an international.
Thing is, reynolds has always played behind stacked foward packs- he’s never had to carry a team- In fact he’s never even been the best player in his team.

Fun fact - broncos have won 1 of their last 4 against games against the warriors.

That win was Napier and I’m not expecting torrential rain at Suncorp on Saturday.
Not sure if it's true but I read a post on Broncos forum that we have won 3 of the last 4 games v. Broncos at Suncorp.
Can anyone verify

Thing is, reynolds has always played behind stacked foward packs- he’s never had to carry a team- In fact he’s never even been the best player in his team.
Not wrong at all - I love both of em, but I don't think there's a clear advantage either way. Not to the extent Wrighty was saying anyhow, Reynolds certainly has the experience in this arena, but probably lacks the game breaking ability of Shaun. Pretty even match up between two of the best halfbacks in the league.

Pulled in a favour from a guy I know at Broncos HQ.. got 'Inner Sanctum' tickets.. IE checking out players via 1 way (CIA Styles Interrogation) glass, Drinks for an hour n a half in the private lounge then tickets on half way. All sounds mint apart from the fact the 3 of us will be in middle of Broncs die hards. Going to be entertaining when my missus drinks too much and starts dropping C bombs at them... lol.. good times!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back