Rumour Nrl Refusing To Register Brett Stewart's Contract

ToiletDuck

Dr Faggot
Contributor
Mar 30, 2012
Auckland
I'd take a punt on Wolfman. He's always injured and would cost a hefty amount, but he's a quality winger and if he stayed fit, would be worth the price tag.

I'd take him in a heartbeat. We're in no position to knock back quality outside backs based on their past injuries. If we have the cap space (which we do) then they should be looking at him, it certainly beats another year of having Manu and Tupou 'undroppable' because of zero replacement options.

"If the Sea Eagles can move Mauro and Rose, the NRL is expected to rubber-stamp Stewart's new deal."

Though this suggests that they'll likely keep Williams, as Mauro is off to the ESL which leaves only George Rose to get rid of...

OMG

Warriors 1st Grader
May 18, 2012
Churchur
The player association should be putting pressure on the ARLC in regards to a fair distribution of the new tv deal which doubled, yet they pass on just over 10% to lift the salary cap to $5 million and want to leave it there for the duration of the deal.
Realistically I think a strike is becoming imminent, because the stars of our game are generating massive amounts of money and aren't being paid true market worth and we have regular first graders on $60k plus match payments which is ridiculous in a billion dollar business.

ToiletDuck

Dr Faggot
Contributor
Mar 30, 2012
Auckland
The player association should be putting pressure on the ARLC in regards to a fair distribution of the new tv deal which doubled, yet they pass on just over 10% to lift the salary cap to $5 million and want to leave it there for the duration of the deal.
Realistically I think a strike is becoming imminent, because the stars of our game are generating massive amounts of money and aren't being paid true market worth and we have regular first graders on $60k plus match payments which is ridiculous in a billion dollar business.

Really? I thought it was set to rise incrementally, to around $7 mill by 2017?

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
I'd take him in a heartbeat. We're in no position to knock back quality outside backs based on their past injuries. If we have the cap space (which we do) then they should be looking at him, it certainly beats another year of having Manu and Tupou 'undroppable' because of zero replacement options.

"If the Sea Eagles can move Mauro and Rose, the NRL is expected to rubber-stamp Stewart's new deal."

Though this suggests that they'll likely keep Williams, as Mauro is off to the ESL which leaves only George Rose to get rid of...
From what I gather from the Manly forum, Rose has been on the outer at the club for some time but has a year to run on his contract and has a sult following at the club.

It's really surprising that they Manly admin got this one wrong. They have signed 11 new players for the 2013 season. Wasnt someone keeping count? I know the Brent Kite deal fell through but still?

ToiletDuck

Dr Faggot
Contributor
Mar 30, 2012
Auckland
From what I gather from the Manly forum, Rose has been on the outer at the club for some time but has a year to run on his contract and has a sult following at the club.

It's really surprising that they Manly admin got this one wrong. They have signed 11 new players for the 2013 season. Wasnt someone keeping count? I know the Brent Kite deal fell through but still?

Well I'm assuming Kite's deal wouldn't be peanuts. He's been at Manly since 2005 and was a NSW and Aus rep up until 2009. So I'd guess Tim Sheens leaving the Tigers and the deal collapsing probably stuffed them a bit.

Reactions: mt.wellington

Raurimu Massive

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 26, 2012
Whangarei
Williams wouldn't be bad - I quite like the idea of wingers who can wing.

Rose signing for the Warriors... my 8 year old still hates him for the hint of an elbow in the 2011GF, so it'd be a dark day in our household if he signs!

Reactions: ramraider78

Apus

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 6, 2012
Manly are suffering an aging team and as a result have gone out and bought a shed load of U20s talent (especially Warriors talent >_<) to bolster their ranks in coming seasons. By the looks of things the Sheens debacle has screwed them over somewhat, but it's obvious they'll work something out to keep Stuart. Will be an interesting next couple of seasons over there in terms of player turn over rate. Added to that, I personally don't really rate Toovey as a coach, but next year will be the real story in that regard.

I really hope Elliot is keeping a close eye on this. Surely Williams would be high on our hit list. We have the money to spend, we should be in his ear right now about a switch to come over here. They have a couple of really good wingers in Oldfield and Taufua, do Manly really want to be paying top dollar for a winger with his injury reputation? He's definitely starting material for us, a major upgrade over Tupou, even if he is injured ;p

OMG

Warriors 1st Grader
May 18, 2012
Churchur
Really? I thought it was set to rise incrementally, to around $7 mill by 2017?
No one really knows what is happening with the cap, and as far as I can tell next years $5 million hasn't been signed off yet by the RLPA, but someone may be able to enlighten. .https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/ru...ner-as-arlc-tackles-tasks-20121029-28foi.html,
There must be a few club accountants around that realise they have been shafted by the commission in the new tv deal as it stands. The NRL clubs are going to have to make a stand at some stage because they are regularly posting losses after having successful seasons and the percentage of NRL revenue going back to the clubs with the new tv deal has actually decreased, how any clubs bar the Storm could be happy with the current situation is beyond me.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings