Social NZWarriors NRLFantasy Competiton 2024

I traded for Ryan Papps and he got his lowest return of the season last night with 24 points and I also named him my captain. LOL.
So yes the league gods struck me and others who names Papps as captain as well.

Sam Walker gets me 4 points then done for the night due to hia.

Thanks league gods
3 more than I got, you ain't gettin' no sympathy outta me!
And I'd rewarded Tedesco with the captaincy, too....So, yep, double points makes a stunning return of 2.
That Wooden Spoon's going to look great mounted on my wall...Planning the Cold Duck/Marque Vue celebration shower already.

If anyone picked Dom Young he got -9. In Supercoach he has the distinction of scoring 150 and -14.

I have rolled the dice on L Fainu at as my half this round. I could have picked a steady eddie like Foran but decided to use this year as a learning year since I won't be winning.

Imagine if you traded for Niukore last week!!!

I have rolled the dice on L Fainu at as my half this round. I could have picked a steady eddie like Foran but decided to use this year as a learning year since I won't be winning.
This is a risky play. Could pay off but I can’t see Tigers sticking with two rookie halves and Galvin has his spot sewn up.
My advice is keep making the smartest plays you can. You will learn the most and this being fantasy, you never know what the finals look like.

This is a risky play. Could pay off but I can’t see Tigers sticking with two rookie halves and Galvin has his spot sewn up.
My advice is keep making the smartest plays you can. You will learn the most and this being fantasy, you never know what the finals look like.
I made a spreadsheet and did all sorts of permutations
In the end I came across some information that said L Fainu was one of the hottest buys of the week. So I thought if everyone else thinks it is a good idea it must be ok?? Maybe foolish logic.

I plan to let him play two games and then maybe trade him immediately when Galvin returns.

I made a spreadsheet and did all sorts of permutations
In the end I came across some information that said L Fainu was one of the hottest buys of the week. So I thought if everyone else thinks it is a good idea it must be ok?? Maybe foolish logic.

I plan to let him play two games and then maybe trade him immediately when Galvin returns.
Be very wary of the info you get. There’s a lot of average players posing as experts.
With Fainu you are taking the risk that he keeps his spot. Often with the bottom dollar guys it pays to see a game first. Since they don’t usually rise in price much in thier first game. Do you have Blaize?

Be very wary of the info you get. There’s a lot of average players posing as experts.
With Fainu you are taking the risk that he keeps his spot. Often with the bottom dollar guys it pays to see a game first. Since they don’t usually rise in price much in thier first game. Do you have Blaize?
I wanted Blaize but he is listed as a centre and needed a half to replace Metcalf, so I can't acquire Blaize as my solution.

I only really need the person for two games, rounds 5 and 6 as
a) Galvin returns in round 7
b) Nathan Cleary is supposed to return in round 7
Which will give me halves of Strange, Cleary and Galvin. I will then trade away Fainu. He is currently listed at $230K. I am counting on him growing to $250K in these two games and then trading to a $280 to $300K player. I don't have one of those firmly in mind yet as to who and will have to find somebody but it doesn't need to be a half and I will probably get an edge forward. Or alternatively after round 7 they announce the new list of dual players and if I can find a half/something that would help my squad quite a bit as a replacement.
My options were

1) Fainu - only $230K - probably only 15 to 20 minutes per game and probably only rounds 5 and 6 until the next round of injuries strike Tigers. Highly rated half and can't miss in the NRL. He was the NSW state of origin under 20s half and played a key role defeating Queensland. The kid although 18 can tackle. Technically perfect player. He is in the club to learn from Benji. 6% of all fantasy contestants have drafted Fainu into their team and there were stats showing that a large number of people took him this week. On this page he is listed on the what's hot list - although yes far behind Blaize in popularity https://footystatistics.com/
2) CHT - $280K - unless injuries strike then 15 to 20 minutes per game as bench hooker. But unlike Fainu he will play every game and pick up points every round. If injuries strike TMM then CHT steps into a starting role.
3) Foran - 375K - 80 minute player has averaged about 30 points per game the last three years. His price is not likely to go up much. Maybe settle around $400K I am really put off by the fact he plays for the Titans who I think will have a bad year.
4) TMM - 380K- 80 minute player. How much pill will he see supporting SJ. Last year playing with SJ he only averaged 27 points. Yet this year he has Roger to work with on his edge. Can see him eventually after 5 or 6 games settling at 450K
5) Isaiya Katoa - 445K - 80 minute player. Averaging 40 points. Although he only averaged 24 last year as a 19 year old so can he keep this up or has he turned the corner now that he is 20 years old. I havn't see much of him. Seems like a solid option but not a bargain hunters dream.

Others)
Schneider would be ideal but Panthers have a bye next round so can't choose him.
Metcalf is about $450K and i have 90K available cash. I could go up in price and get someone more expensive there is
There is Cody Walker at $520K

But this is a player only for two games, do i really want to spend all my spare cash for a two game player. And also Luke Keary scored 72 points last night so i expect he will no longer be 540K and will be unaffordable for me.
If I can make good $'s out of my Metcalf transaction then I can upgrade Griffin Neame in a trade next week.

Last edited:
Shitili to Crichton proving to be a master stroke. Traded lussick to talagi, freeing up 400k for a cheese to hynes trade next week. Wrighty if you ever need assistance I’m happy to point you towards the good options, I would’ve personally taken talagi & copped not playing a halfback this week. Fantasy is a long term game, can cop a few low scores here and there with a long term plan.

Players on my shopping list:
Chan
Cheese
Rapana (soon)
Cotter (soon)
Burbo
Hutch
Tatola (soon)

And if May doesn’t produce, he’s getting really close. That’s taylan

Targets over the next few weeks:
Brailey
Clarke
Buying hynes
Curran (starting next week with injuries)
JDB
Lomax (if playing fb)
Teddy (going to drop so much cash)
Walker (see above)
Young (also, see above)
Brown
Katoa
Guth
Lane
Mahoney
Sorenson
Timoko
Thompson
Penisini (when Moses back)
Blore
Host
Molo
Campbell
Fainu (samuela)
Simonson

Pretty exhaustive list, but this might help some of you. IMO these are the best upcoming options, just watch their scores, make sure they fit your team make up & ensure they’ve bottomed out In price (teddy, walker, young) and are posting decent scores on successive weeks.

Shitili to Crichton proving to be a master stroke. Traded lussick to talagi, freeing up 400k for a cheese to hynes trade next week. Wrighty if you ever need assistance I’m happy to point you towards the good options, I would’ve personally taken talagi & copped not playing a halfback this week. Fantasy is a long term game, can cop a few low scores here and there with a long term plan.
How do I leave the half position vacant? I think once that spot has been populated ever afterwards you need to swap another half into it but you can't just take someone out of it?
If I could somehow swing leaving the half position vacant and having Talagi as a counting 18th man then I would jump on that but don't know how.

How do I leave the half position vacant? I think once that spot has been populated ever afterwards you need to swap another half into it but you can't just take someone out of it?
If I could somehow swing leaving the half position vacant and having Talagi as a counting 18th man then I would jump on that but don't know how.
You’ll just have a non scoring player there so play with 16. It’s not a major, if you are planning forward. Talagi is almost a must have at this point, given his break even of 0, and role over the next 7 weeks. He very likely could be dropped but with the lack of cash cows this year he’s as much of a slam dunk as there is.

You’ll just have a non scoring player there so play with 16. It’s not a major, if you are planning forward. Talagi is almost a must have at this point, given his break even of 0, and role over the next 7 weeks. He very likely could be dropped but with the lack of cash cows this year he’s as much of a slam dunk as there is.
Oh I see - I can put Cleary or Galvin into half since they are not playing and play with 16 and then my 18th man will be Talgi who gets activated since I have a DNP player in my 13.

WARRIORSFAN92 you are brilliant !!!! Thank you for this advice !!!!!!!!!!!

I’m not sure what trades you have done so far this week, but I’d trade haas to dylan brown, frees up 230k, and Metcalf to talagi..