General Your 2024 lineup

I do think he's capable. A bit of a Darren Lockyer. But we've got 3 younger guys we've invested in for the future. I don't think he's a midterm or longterm option. It doesn't make sense to send your future away for someone who has only 3 seasons left in him. Then again he does look remarkably fit. He's an absolute legend.
Same thing if he stays at center though- we’re likely to lose Ali.
God it sucks having to try fit all these great players into our team- dragons supporters don’t know how good they’ve go it.

Guys come on, if we're taking about Bunty's greatest asset being the 3rd tackler in, maybe what he provides this team is no longer viable.

Absolutely we should keep him on the cards, losing AFB nek year we can't afford to lose any more experience, but if 24 year old Ale is already producing better stats then Bunty in attack and defence in less minutes, considering Ale started off as a back rower and has had huge covid and injury affected years, it's ridiculous were even debating Bunty being in the team.

I agree with Cces, if Bunty has no hair he never gets a cult following like this. Watch how he runs in to a tackle he is largely stopped immediately, with almost no post contact meters while most others fight and push for an extra few meters.

Please please guys let's not settle for mediocrity.

What Bunty provides as a starting Prop is close to no errors and missed tackles. Although Ale is similar.

And no impact. It's a negative play trying to survive the oppositions initial energy, I would like to see us playing our game and have them trying to survive that instead.
Teams were quite successful beating us that way for many years. We'd come out fizzing, they'd absorb our pressure, then watch us wilt. Then they'd rise up and win. It's a legit strategy. And it doesn't matter how you get the win. It's 2 points.

Teams were quite successful beating us that way for many years. We'd come out fizzing, they'd absorb our pressure, then watch us wilt. Then they'd rise up and win. It's a legit strategy. And it doesn't matter how you get the win. It's 2 points.
That was before the Webolution, we didn't have our own game then. Hit them with attacking shape and big bodies in motion from the start, we'll need some new starting props for that though before the rookies come through the system. Willison and Te Kura will do, just saying like.

That was before the Webolution, we didn't have our own game then. Hit them with attacking shape and big bodies in motion from the start, we'll need some new starting props for that though before the rookies come through the system. Willison and Te Kura will do, just saying like.
Do you mean Piakura?

I was of the understanding that the Rompey Pompey likely knew he wouldn't be in FG but re-signed as he got home sick at the Roosters and wasn't keen to leave NZ again.

Could be wrong, but sure I read that on here last year?

I was of the understanding that the Rompey Pompey likely knew he wouldn't be in FG but re-signed as he got home sick at the Roosters and wasn't keen to leave NZ again.

Could be wrong, but sure I read that on here last year?
Big Pomps looks hungry, he's in career-best shape this offseason, reckon it's his year to shock a few doubters, pin this post to make me look a fool.

1. Tuaupiki (until CNKs ready)
2. DWZ
3. Berry
4. RTS
5. Montoya
6. Metcalf
7. SJ
8. AFB
9. Egan
10. Barnett
11. Ford
12. Capewell
13. Harris (c)

14. Walker
15. Jazz
16. Niukore
17. Lussick/CHT

Listened to the TWL pod.
Jackson Ford.
Clunky? Yes....
Hardest position on the field maybe though
Is it him? When he combines with SJ he even looks a bit awkward.. when he scores its usually someone going for a legs tackle on him, his ungainly style like let's him slip lose and he almost falls over....

Its weird, but he is a highly mobile workhorse.... doesn't stop for 70-80.
Is it metcalfe who's the best combo with him though?
How long can TMM bide his time in cup?

Back