General NRL Random Thread!

Off The Bench

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 26, 2014
Not NRL (*mods move if wanted) but damm what a hit. Avondale tigers apparently, anyone know any more?

They were not lieing either .
There was a guy with the ball an bang he's gone .
Can we sign whoever tackled him .?

Boats n Hoes

1st Grade Fringe
May 14, 2012
Not NRL (*mods move if wanted) but damm what a hit. Avondale tigers apparently, anyone know any more?

Not much arms in that tackle, in fact doesnt look like any.

Im assuming neither stayed on the field.

BiggerD

1st Grade Fringe
May 15, 2012
Sydney
Steve Matai ex Manly & Kiwi Player has gone off the grid

No one has heard from one of the NRLs biggest cult stars in at least two years after he moved house without warning and completely disconnected with his footballing past.

At one time Steve Matai, now 36, was one of the most feared men in rugby league before retiring in 2016.

He was known as the hardest hitter in the game and won two premierships for the Manly Sea Eagles in 2008 and 2011.

BiggerD

1st Grade Fringe
May 15, 2012
Sydney
Steve Matai ex Manly & Kiwi Player has gone off the grid

No one has heard from one of the NRLs biggest cult stars in at least two years after he moved house without warning and completely disconnected with his footballing past.

At one time Steve Matai, now 36, was one of the most feared men in rugby league before retiring in 2016.

He was known as the hardest hitter in the game and won two premierships for the Manly Sea Eagles in 2008 and 2011.

Update: Steve Matai has been found :)

'People know that I choose to live my life the way I want to and I have no concerns about how other people think I should live my life or who I should be in contact with,' Matai said.

'Yes I am a very private person – I don't have social media and it is factual that I am not a fan of the cameras and limelight.

'All I wanted to do was play footy. I gave everything I had when I crossed that white chalk – mind and body.

My style of play is a testament to that ''run hard, tackle harder, never back down''… I am a life member – whether I am still connected to the club at this present time or not.

'Please respect my privacy and the way I want to live my life. I am living happily and enjoying life in our community with my beautiful wife and children.

'Accept this and move on.'

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings