General NRL Random Thread!

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
I had the same problem when I went to book for Parra v Knights. But when I got there. shitloads of seats together. I even rang them up and some women from Mumbai told me it was a sell out ??? 😕
Was the same for the Warriors game, had the old allocation exhausted but there seemed to be shitloads on game day

Reactions: bruce

warriors55

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 12, 2017
Interesting this article from the Roar only lists RTS as the 11th best player this year. Interested to see their top 10. Obviously it would be slightly biased.

There are no other Warriors in the top 50 so far which is a sad indictment of where our club is at. Ken hasn't been named yet so would assume he is in the top 10. But that will be about it.

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Interesting this article from the Roar only lists RTS as the 11th best player this year. Interested to see their top 10. Obviously it would be slightly biased.

There are no other Warriors in the top 50 so far which is a sad indictment of where our club is at. Ken hasn't been named yet so would assume he is in the top 10. But that will be about it.

Ken won’t be named...

“the only Warrior who makes it onto this list at the end of 2019”

Biased towards the Aussie teams. He was the Dally M winger of the year.

warriors55

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 12, 2017
Here is the top 10 list for those who are interested. I asked why Ken was not on the top 50 list and they said this.

"Dally M winger of the year doesn’t count for much in my book, particularly when Sivo wasn’t even nominated"

Edit: I replied with this and will let you know if I receive a reply.

"You have got to be kidding. Ken ran for an average of 190m per game in 2019 and scored 17 tries. How does that not justify a top 50 position?"

Last edited:

Horriors2013

1st Grade Fringe
May 24, 2013

They're only opinions from people who get paid to sell Aussie brand. Their list means nothing :)

Horriors2013

1st Grade Fringe
May 24, 2013
I had the same problem when I went to book for Parra v Knights. But when I got there. shitloads of seats together. I even rang them up and some women from Mumbai told me it was a sell out ??? 😕
You got scammed mate. Inflated prices.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Typical Lurker rumour. Looks like this player will move, fans of that club about to get upset cause their boom youngster could move to a rival. Finishes it with it won't happen anytime soon but could in the future.

Covers his bases that he discussed it so if it happens next time he is off contract he can report that he called it a year ago.

I might go to work tomorrow or I might not. I'll report back tomorrow if I went to work or not and tell you that the previous sentence was accurate.

Pozza

1st Grade Fringe
May 19, 2012
Last edited:

warriors55

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 12, 2017
I used to think the AFL draft system was stupid, where the lowest ranked team gets first pick of all the young players and the top teams get the last pick.

However what it does do is ensure the bottom teams have a chance of matching the top teams in the following years.

Don't know if I would support it in the NRL but it is one way to make sure there is not such a big gap between the top and bottom.

We already have equal salary caps but as we know that doesn't mean much at all. The top teams attract the talented youngsters and established players are more likely to go to a team like the Roosters over the Titans or Warriors. And the lower teams have to pay nearly double the price sometimes to attract players.

Reactions: bruce and Miket12

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
David Fifita also linked to the chooks... too save money NRL should just give the Roosters the Premiership at the start of each season !
Can you imagine how even the comp would be if the NRL actually administered the salary cap properly and forced clubs like the Roosters to pay players what they’re worth? Before the GF, it was written in one of the Australian papers that the Roosters squad was actually valued 3-4 million above the salary cap because players were prepared to be paid less than their value to be at the Roosters.

Their squad, and the squads of other clubs that “under pay” their players would massively improve other clubs squads such as the Warriors.

But, let’s face it.... the National Rugby League is far more interested in looking after the interests of the Sydney clubs.

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
Can remember when Kieran Foran came to the Warriors there was an issue when the integrity unit took issue with reinstating him because the money he was being paid wasn't what he was worth in their eyes.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Look guys we finally won something!

It wouldn't of won with the curved tongue that was tapu. The change back to the original colours has been refreshing. The 25th season although nice is a bit depressing in terms of historical results.

That curved tongue was frustrating to do with early 90's Commodore Amiga software.:banghead:

tajhay

Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
Cronulla Sharks have partnered up with the Fiji based NSW Cup team, the Kaiviti Silktails.

Wish the Warriors had thought of entering into this partnership.

Akkerz

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Jun 22, 2012
The edge of insanity
Cronulla Sharks have partnered up with the Fiji based NSW Cup team, the Kaiviti Silktails.

Wish the Warriors had thought of entering into this partnership.
Yes that would have been promising but not much chance of anybody thinking too far outside the obvious with the pig headed coach that rules the roost at the Warriors.

Reactions: Defence and tajhay

Upcoming Match

Gold Coast Titans CBUS Super Stadium

Last Game

04 Jul

26 - 16
6.7 Total Avg Rating
7.1 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 30 ratings