General Luke Metcalf vs Te Maire Martin

With Te maire back and Metcalf with a solid start this season till his injury, How will Te maire recover?

With Te maire back and Metcalf with a solid start this season till his injury, How will Te maire recover?

Te maire had a massive lay off with the brain bleed played next to no real competitive footy come back to the Bronx and slotted back in like a seasoned vet he is built different the cup game looked promising backing him to be as good as metcalf has been or better.

Te maire had a massive lay off with the brain bleed played next to no real competitive footy come back to the Bronx and slotted back in like a seasoned vet he is built different the cup game looked promising backing him to be as good as metcalf has been or better.
Hundred percent he has that experience that defence and can distribute well.

A few headaches for the coaching staff, hopefully we get a Guage this weekend on which half will step up to partner SJ?
Do you just go with Te maire as he is the player with more experience? Or Metcalf he was linking well and before he got injured helped us win a few games to make our way up the ladder.
Does CHT even come into the halves?

If they are going with metcalf it would seem a strange decision to play him on the right on the weekend when it was the perfect opportunity to build his combination with ford, rts and Marcelo on the left.
Makes me wonder if tmm does have that spot.

I'm opting for TMM at this stage. His experience (and defence) will be invaluable in the early rounds. At the weekend I found Metcalf pretty 'stiff' (as in the coach says I have to do this) and often selfish when he runs, trying to look like the hero. To me LM does not have much intuition that a 7 needs, he's not a natural by any means. And his defence needs much more work.

I'm opting for TMM at this stage. His experience (and defence) will be invaluable in the early rounds. At the weekend I found Metcalf pretty 'stiff' (as in the coach says I have to do this) and often selfish when he runs, trying to look like the hero. To me LM does not have much intuition that a 7 needs, he's not a natural by any means. And his defence needs much more work.
But also if the balance is struck on that edge and he does unlock the edge, they will also have another real threat to watch on defense as he's super quick and could tear that edge with rodg.

But also if the balance is struck on that edge and he does unlock the edge, they will also have another real threat to watch on defense as he's super quick and could tear that edge with rodg.
I think hes (Metcalfe) a 6 and not a 7 .More suited outside SJ. Will take time for any combo to settle in. Higher ceiling on attack than TMM who is better on defence IMO.
Depends on the balance Webster is seeking.
Dont understand the dislike of SM .

I think hes (Metcalfe) a 6 and not a 7 .More suited outside SJ. Will take time for any combo to settle in. Higher ceiling on attack than TMM who is better on defence IMO.
Depends on the balance Webster is seeking.
Dont understand the dislike of SM .
I agree and see why People are worried about his defence, but look at the Broncos, they aren't the best defensive team but can score from anywhere.

I trust Rodg and whoever gets that backrow spot will cover for him well enough.

He reminds me of SJ when he started.
Natural flair good running game , fast as fuck, cut out passes etc. It's everything else he needs to master to become a 7.

He reminds me of SJ when he started.
Natural flair good running game , fast as fuck, cut out passes etc. It's everything else he needs to master to become a 7.
I’m not sure Metcalf has a step or have yet to see it and where’s the explosive speed I keep hearing about?

Our outside backs look dangerous this season. We need halves with vision, timing and fantastic ball distribution- TMM covers all this and not too shabby on D

I’m not sure Metcalf has a step or have yet to see it and where’s the explosive speed I keep hearing about?

Our outside backs look dangerous this season. We need halves with vision, timing and fantastic ball distribution- TMM covers all this and not too shabby on D
I dont see the step yeah , but he's very fast and elusive.