General NRL Perth Nines 2020

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
Feb 22, 2016
NRL Perth Nines 2020

Perth Nines which will be held on February 14 and 15 at HBF Park.

1580850757474.png

Paleaaesina2the20

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 6, 2013
Melbourne
I really like how the NRL always comes up with some hair brained scheme that makes no sense. The old 4 team per pool, but split into two groups so you only play 2 round robin games, unbelievable. Essentially half the teams will go there and only play two games, meanwhile if you make it to the final you will have to play 4 games in 8 hours or less on that Saturday, genius.

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
I hope the Warriors introduce a few fringe players including the Fijian speedster

In the past we’ve only performed well with SJ on the paddock.

Last edited:

Diesel

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 7, 2014
Brisbane
I really like how the NRL always comes up with some hair brained scheme that makes no sense. The old 4 team per pool, but split into two groups so you only play 2 round robin games, unbelievable. Essentially half the teams will go there and only play two games, meanwhile if you make it to the final you will have to play 4 games in 8 hours or less on that Saturday, genius.
And they’re paid hundreds of thousands of dollars in outsourcing and still can’t get it right.

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
Teams Bring veterans into their squad:
Examples
Roosters- Fittler
Warriors - Wiki
Knights - Gidley
Souths - King
Manly - Menzies

Word is that the Warriors will do this again this in Perth.

It’ll either be Blair or Green!

In time!i wonder if a team would consider including a female in their squad.

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
Feb 22, 2016
Papali'i to captain Vodafone Warriors at Nines

Isaiah Papalii has become the youngest captain of a Vodafone Warriors senior team after being named today to lead the club at the Perth NRL Nines at HBF Stadium on Friday and Saturday.

Papali’i, who turned 21 just last September, goes into the tournament with a career total of 48 NRL games after making his debut as an 18-year-old in 2017.

He made his Test debuts for both Toa Samoa and the Kiwis in 2018.

The previous youngest Vodafone Warriors captain was club great Simon Mannering, who was 23 when he took on the role in 2010.
Papali’i will captain a side which includes seasoned NRL players in Blake Green, Ken Maumalo, Leeson Ah Mau and Agnatius Paasi alongside a host of the club’s most promising players.

Among them is Masterton-born 18-year-old fullback Rocco Berry, whose father is former All Black Marty Berry.
Rocco was signed while forging an outstanding schoolboy rugby union career with the St Patrick’s College, Silverstream First XV in Wellington.

A number of other under-20 players have also been selected including 2019 Jersey Flegg Cup players in wingers Selesitino Ravutaumada and Edward Kosi, halfback Paul Turner and hooker Temple Kalepo. Another player named yet to play in the NRL is Melbourne-born forward Jamayne Taunoa-Brown, who has been on a training contract over the preseason.

Other players with NRL experience are prop Sam Lisone, Taane Milne, Chanel Harris-Tavita, Leivaha Pulu, Adam Keighran and Hayze Perham while 2019 Canterbury Cup NSW regular Jackson Frei has also been selected.

VODAFONE WARRIORS PERTH NRL NINES

LEESON AH MAU
ROCCO BERRY
JACKSON FREI
BLAKE GREEN
CHANEL HARRIS-TAVITA
TEMPLE KALEPO
ADAM KEIGHRAN
EDWARD KOSI
SAM LISONE
KEN MAUMALO
TAANE MILNE
AGNATIUS PAASI
ISAIAH PAPALLI (captain)
HAYZE PERHAM
LEIVAHA PULU
SELESITINO RAVUTAUMADA
JAMAYNE TAUNOA-BROWN
PAUL TURNER

Naumaifooty

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 12, 2017

Isaiah Papalii has become the youngest captain of a Vodafone Warriors senior team after being named today to lead the club at the Perth NRL Nines at HBF Stadium on Friday and Saturday.

Papali’i, who turned 21 just last September, goes into the tournament with a career total of 48 NRL games after making his debut as an 18-year-old in 2017.

The previous youngest Vodafone Warriors captain was club great Simon Mannering, who was 23 when he took on the role in 2010.
Papali’i will captain a side which includes seasoned NRL players in Blake Green, Ken Maumalo, Leeson Ah Mau and Agnatius Paasi alongside a host of the club’s most promising players.

Among them is Masterton-born 18-year-old fullback Rocco Berry, whose father is former All Black Marty Berry.
Rocco was signed while forging an outstanding schoolboy rugby union career with the St Patrick’s College, Silverstream First XV in Wellington.

A number of other under-20 players have also been selected including 2019 Jersey Flegg Cup players in wingers Selesitino Ravutaumada and Edward Kosi, halfback Paul Turner and hooker Temple Kalepo. Another player named yet to play in the NRL is Melbourne-born forward Jamayne Taunoa-Brown, who has been on a training contract over the preseason.

Other players with NRL experience are prop Sam Lisone, Taane Milne, Chanel Harris-Tavita, Leivaha Pulu, Adam Keighran and Hayze Perham while 2019 Canterbury Cup NSW regular Jackson Frei has also been selected.

LEESON AH MAU
ROCCO BERRY
JACKSON FREI
BLAKE GREEN
CHANEL HARRIS-TAVITA
TEMPLE KALEPO
ADAM KEIGHRAN
EDWARD KOSI
SAM LISONE
KEN MAUMALO
TAANE MILNE
AGNATIUS PAASI
ISAIAH PAPALLI (captain)
HAYZE PERHAM
LEIVAHA PULU
SELESITINO RAVUTAUMADA
JAMAYNE TAUNOA-BROWN
PAUL TURNER
Looking forward to see what Stino, Rocco, Hayze and Paul Turner can do at this level.

t-wade23

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 7, 2012

LEESON AH MAU
ROCCO BERRY
JACKSON FREI
BLAKE GREEN
CHANEL HARRIS-TAVITA
TEMPLE KALEPO
ADAM KEIGHRAN
EDWARD KOSI
SAM LISONE
KEN MAUMALO
TAANE MILNE
AGNATIUS PAASI
ISAIAH PAPALLI (captain)
HAYZE PERHAM
LEIVAHA PULU
SELESITINO RAVUTAUMADA
JAMAYNE TAUNOA-BROWN
PAUL TURNER
Elisea Katoa injured?? Thought this would of been a perfect chance for him to play either wise solid team looking forward to seeing Selesitino fly hopefully he gets significant game time.

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
Teams Bring veterans into their squad:
Examples
Roosters- Fittler
Warriors - Wiki
Knights - Gidley
Souths - King
Manly - Menzies

Word is that the Warriors will do this again this in Perth.

It’ll either be Blair or Green!

If a female I would go left field for Michaela Blyde from the 7s, fast and a ball of muscle. Never happen though.

Reactions: Murraytd

Stone

1st Grade Fringe
May 19, 2012
Auckland
If that was a joke ... then OK ... but if not ....

If that were to actually happen, even 20 years from now, I'd never watch the nines again.

Why ? ... because I'm sexist ... no ... far from it ... I love (most) females.

It'd be because it would cease to be a genuine contest & would instead become some kinda PC bullshit exhibition match.

If a woman was put into any kind of legit contest against professional male athletes where strength, power & speed is a crucial component then that woman is instantly going to be the weakest link & most men would more than likely dial back considerably when physically competing against her therefore killing the match as a genuine contest.

And I don't care who the woman is, she could be the greatest female athlete / rugby league player of all time, she could have superior skills, superior match awareness etc but she will still get physically owned by probably even most of the smaller players in the NRL much less the big boppers.

Again this is not a sexist rant ... at an elite level women simply cannot compete with men when it comes to strength, power & speed & that's a fact.

What I would like to see is some of these male to female transgenders who like to compete against / smash women in various full contact sports after they've made their transition but in reality still have the physical composition of a man thrown in & told ... see that guy ... his names Ruben Wiki ... run as hard as you can at him & try to knock him on his ass ... now that's something I'd pay to see.

Last edited:

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
That sounds sarcastic, but it's not. Will be nice to see youngsters and not really risking a ton.
Paul Turner dark horse mvp of our squad. Not to say I rate him higher than CHT, but his game is built for nines.

As long as Selesitino isn’t completely unplayable on D, I think he’ll easy be our top try scorer (depending on how much Ken plays). Will be interesting to see young Berry, I like his potential at centre down the line.
I’m starting to wonder if he actually exists!!!
Or if he’s actually any good. He had top 30 guarantee for his second year written into the contract he signed in high school, for those that are thinking he training the house down in the offseason and got promoted.

Tony Martin

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 4, 2016
Paul Turner dark horse mvp of our squad. Not to say I rate him higher than CHT, but his game is built for nines.

As long as Selesitino isn’t completely unplayable on D, I think he’ll easy be our top try scorer (depending on how much Ken plays). Will be interesting to see young Berry, I like his potential at centre down the line.

Or if he’s actually any good. He had top 30 guarantee for his second year written into the contract he signed in high school, for those that are thinking he training the house down in the offseason and got promoted.
Most players interviewed so far have said Katoa is the one to watch. But yeh, will be interesting to see how he goes. Tbh I can’t really remember him from last year, plays a little like Afafita, likes to offload in traffic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Upcoming Match

Canberra Raiders GIO Stadium Rate Match

Last Game

20 Sep

5.7 Total Avg Rating
5.1 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings