General NRL on FOX

Reaction score
ToiletDuck

ToiletDuck

Dr Faggot
Contributor
Reaction score
Let's see what Matty dishes up this week.

I'm not looking forward to the Warriors discussion, though I've got no basis to argue. Geyer will semi-try to defend us. Some of Matty's mail from NZ has been hilarious though...

Reaction score
ToiletDuck

ToiletDuck

Dr Faggot
Contributor
Reaction score
No Kiwi mail this week, in fact it's been tame.

Though lol @ calling watching GWS in AFL '100 minutes of dribble and garbage'. Agreed.

Reaction score
Dankokoro 2.0

Dankokoro 2.0

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Hey boy,

I was gonna ask this in the other thread, but i was afraid you wouldn't see it. What doe the NRL on Fox ppl say about the Warriors? Does Johns hate the warriors?

lol tell me mre

Reaction score
ToiletDuck

ToiletDuck

Dr Faggot
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey bro, yeah I'd see it here, I see all!

Uhmm yeah in the very first episode he did of NRL on Fox he stated that he isn't liked in NZ. He then went on to (correctly) claim the Warriors wouldn't make the 8 and instating an un-tested NRL coach was a huge risk.

Each week he has a comment or two re Kiwis. And in the mail section of the show where they read out some post sent in, there's usually a letter from a Warriors supporter or Kiwi directing some ill will towards him - one being a drawing of a bloodied person on the ground with an arrow saying 'you'.

Reaction score
Lego_Man

Lego_Man

Illuminatus
Reaction score
He's not loved by NZ women that's for sure (well Christchurchers).

Remember the outcry at McDonalds after those comments about the Warriors were posted? He was basically made out to be the devil. Well he was completely right of course.

I dont know why people take any opinion comments so seriously. If i made a prediction about the Raiders or someone to miss the 8, i wouldnt expect someone to get angry with me. Typical Warrior fan/NZer retardation.

Reaction score
Spence

Spence

Sgt. Pepper
Reaction score
I guess the difference was that we were grand finalists, rather than the Raiders. I agree though - it's just an opinion. Some people take opinions far too seriously.

Reaction score
Dankokoro 2.0

Dankokoro 2.0

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
He's not loved by NZ women that's for sure (well Christchurchers).

If i made a prediction about the Raiders or someone to miss the 8, i wouldnt expect someone to get angry with me. Typical Warrior fan/NZer retardation.
That's probably because you're not important..

jks, but i agree, plus we should be well and truly used to it. It's typical little brother syndrome..

I find it funny when some of those footy show/Fox/commentators have it in for the Warriors.. and it makes it all the more satisfying when we do well. That obviously doesn't apply here though..

Reaction score
Lego_Man

Lego_Man

Illuminatus
Reaction score
Yeah...what about that Buck777, digs up an article from a CANBERRA NEWSPAPER jokingly flaming the Warriors, and gets angry about it.

Just dumb.

Reaction score
Dankokoro 2.0

Dankokoro 2.0

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Hey bro, yeah I'd see it here, I see all!

Uhmm yeah in the very first episode he did of NRL on Fox he stated that he isn't liked in NZ. He then went on to (correctly) claim the Warriors wouldn't make the 8 and instating an un-tested NRL coach was a huge risk.

Each week he has a comment or two re Kiwis. And in the mail section of the show where they read out some post sent in, there's usually a letter from a Warriors supporter or Kiwi directing some ill will towards him - one being a drawing of a bloodied person on the ground with an arrow saying 'you'.
haha that's pretty classic.. i should draw a DBZ picture of him getting drilled in to a mountainside and send it in.

but yeah, a brave call from him but looking pretty accurate at this stage.

I dunno about Mclennan though aye.. I trusted what people said about him. So many people who actually knew shit about him were screaming for him to be appointed, so i naturally jumped on board and was optimistic. But as LM and i were talking about in the weekend.. there were warning signs early with the whole Manu to centre thing (wtf?!), which i guess i chose to ignore. One thing is for sure we are looking fucking terrible at the moment, and if we go down to souffs this weekend, we are more than likely looking at 2 from 9. i.e. season over.

Reaction score
ToiletDuck

ToiletDuck

Dr Faggot
Contributor
Reaction score
haha that's pretty classic.. i should draw a DBZ picture of him getting drilled in to a mountainside and send it in.

but yeah, a brave call from him but looking pretty accurate at this stage.

I dunno about Mclennan though aye.. I trusted what people said about him. So many people who actually knew shit about him were screaming for him to be appointed, so i naturally jumped on board and was optimistic. But as LM and i were talking about in the weekend.. there were warning signs early with the whole Manu to centre thing (wtf?!), which i guess i chose to ignore. One thing is for sure we are looking fucking terrible at the moment, and if we go down to souffs this weekend, we are more than likely looking at 2 from 9. i.e. season over.

Well yeah. I was optimistic re Bluey also. And, possibly he may prove to be what we expected. Though as someone else has said (either here or on nzwo) - if he does actually just have a chat to his dad re how things are going over enlisting the help of guys like Price and Wiki, then we're in trouble...not sure how much truth there is to that. But anyway.

Haha and defs draw the DBZ picture...he'd love it.

Reaction score
HD

HD

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Decent episode. Loved seeing MG fire up and go on another barely coherent ramble. Thirdmaninday is very well spoken, which is something I've noticed before, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him find some sort of media presence in future. I'm not sure if he's consciously worked on his presentation but he comes across as calm, cool and collected.

Reaction score
Fazz

Fazz

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I like MG. He's not the most eloquent bloke, but he's passionate at least. Who was that knob next to him though? He was blatantly calling for the shoulder charge to be axed but trying to claim he wanted it to be kept around.

On a side note...anybody else watch the footy show last night? Bryce Gibbs was on as a part of perfect Partners...man it was a crack up.

"How would you rate you wife's cooking?"

"About a 2. I like at the dog's dinner and then mine, I can't tell the difference"

Hahahaha

Reaction score
fanrrior

fanrrior

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
lol.
20 dollars for Gibbs to score a try.

"should be easy, your up against the eels"

Reaction score
ToiletDuck

ToiletDuck

Dr Faggot
Contributor
Reaction score
Haha yeah that was a crackup. Gibbs looked like he was on something, couldn't look straight. And just openly hassling the Eels, awesome.

Reaction score

Danpatmac

Paul Kent was absolutely right... MG (bless him) was being a child.

It's pretty simple, you can shoulder charge, it's still legal and damn effective.
Just don't connect with the head at all.

Reaction score
HD

HD

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
As was MG and Thaiday, in the case of earlier in the show, right about there being no consistency.

To say you can't hit people in the face is wrong. You can, and it happens multiple times a game without any punishment. As Thaiday said, if Groat bounces straight up and plays the ball would there be any controversy about the hit, or is it only because Groat was injured that people are bothered?

Reaction score
ToiletDuck

ToiletDuck

Dr Faggot
Contributor
Reaction score
NRL on Fox tonight. Should be a good'un with the Anzac test coming up, Matty will have some niggle for sure. I actually really like the show. He hassles his brother more than anyone else, just is not interested in making friends.

Reaction score
Rizzah

Rizzah

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah i've got it booked in.. it's definitely getting better every week. i like Matty, even though we cop some stick.
Watched an old sunday roast with him fronting back in 2008, it was so much better than the new format they have this year.

Reaction score
ToiletDuck

ToiletDuck

Dr Faggot
Contributor
Reaction score
I haven't watched any Sunday NRL shows this year as of yet (for various reasons). But the Roast used to be a favourite. I also don't understand the hate for Voss, he can be annoying...but I don't mind listening to him.

Reaction score
Rizzah

Rizzah

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Reaction score
it's integrated into the Sunday footy show now. And they've got the dickhead they use, or used to use, for "around the grounds". his name escapes me.
It used to be good because it was informal, and they had a laugh. bit too sterile now.
Too many precious people complaining perhaps?

Yeah be interesting to know what Vossy did to get dropped down the pecking order.

Top Bottom