You cannot, under any circumstances, post anything potentially slanderous.

• Doing so can have legal implications.

• That includes naming names when players are suspected of match fixing, doping, etc.

Results are only viewable after voting.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
Imagine how embarrasing it would be for the NRL. Headlines go around the world cause competition is shutdown cause of multiple bio security incidents.

A few days ago it was people passing things over the balcony.

Any other year going out to your balcony wouldn't be a big deal unless you are a huge celebrity with paparazzi or fans waiting out side.

Reactions: bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
End it, put me out of my misery.
The trouble is the NRL will lose TV money at the wrong time. It could seriously sink the game.

Some of these guys are just entitled wankers, and have been ever since juniors when their agents were telling them they were bullet proof.

Time for the big stick ladies and jellybeans, a life ban or two. I can see it coming the NRL has to act.

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
A bit draconian if you are unable to go on the balcony at the place you are staying (assuming it is his accommodation)
Is that the breach, standing on his balcony? Anyway I suppose this was inevitable with these numbnuts, just as we were about to start our undefeated run to the grand final.

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
A bit draconian if you are unable to go on the balcony at the place you are staying (assuming it is his accommodation)
What’s the actual deal with the bubble? You can’t go on your balcony?

Why are the paparazzi stalking these guys when they know they could potentially sink the competition? Are the paparazzi funded by the ARL? Or are the media as thick as the players…

Rick O'Shay

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2013
New Plymouth
Is that the breach, standing on his balcony? Anyway I suppose this was inevitable with these numbnuts, just as we were about to start our undefeated run to the grand final.
Could be wrong here but I think in NZ MIQ you're allowed out onto your balcony if you have one.

Seems a tad OTT.

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
The NRL is on track to hand out more than $1 million in fines to players this year, after having already doubled the financial penalties dished out in 2020.

With four months still to go in the calendar year, fines handed out to Josh Dugan and Adam Elliott this week for alleged biosecurity breaches this week took the game's tally to $857,800.

That figure does not include the $75,000 in publicised fines handed out to clubs for separate breaches this year.

But while club front offices have traditionally borne the brunt of big fines, the sanctions against players this year have been unprecedented.

They are also well beyond the $330,000 for the entire 2020 year.

Bubble breaches account for more than $470,000 in fines handed out to players this year, with Josh Dugan making up for $75,000 of those alone.

However, the other significant addition to the game's kitty bag has been at the judiciary.

With two rounds still to play, a total of 164 fines have been handed out for minor on-field offences, totalling $230,100.

Much of that is due to the game's crackdown on foul play, with 242 grade-one offences in 2021 compared to 121 in 2020.

Josh McGuire has been hardest hit at the judiciary, with two fines totalling $4650 to go with his total of five weeks suspended this season.

Even accounting for the fact judiciary fines were reduced by 50 per cent last year due to the cut in player pay, this season's figure still towers over the mere $28,500 in fines players copped at the judiciary last year.

It is also well beyond the $53,050 in judiciary punishments from 2019, which is the last full season where fines were not discounted.

NRL fines traditionally go towards player wellbeing and education-related initiatives, as part of an agreement with the Rugby League Players Association when the monetary sanctions were introduced to the judiciary system.

Toookey

1st Grade Fringe
May 3, 2021
Wooow, anyone see Latrell clean Joey Manu’s clock a little while ago.
Collected him high, late, and with his shoulder. Looks like he’s caved Manus eye socket in, absolute dog act. Can’t remember seeing a worse one this year. Dirty dirty f**ker, hope he’s rubbed out for the rest of the year.

Pretty sure Manu will be, unfortunately.

defensivebomb

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 29, 2018
Collected him high, late, and with his shoulder. Looks like he’s caved Manus eye socket in, absolute dog act. Can’t remember seeing a worse one this year. Dirty dirty f**ker, hope he’s rubbed out for the rest of the year.

Sheesh. Just watched it now. If he doesn’t get the longest suspension of the year for that, the judiciary is incompetent.

that’s the sort of dirty play that you get a few months for

leaguejunkie

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 20, 2016

Just saw the hit and it was definitely a Latrell special. Shoulder directly to the head, swinging arm and late. Joey looking like he just finished 12 rounds with Mike Tyson in his hay day.

If the NRL are fair dinkum, you would think that Latrell would be spending a bit of time on the sideline and will miss the finals and possibly a few games next season. Or the judiciary will continue to treat him as NRL's darling and let him off lightly with a one match ban so he can play the finals.

For those that didn't see the hit, link below.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
I think it is pretty clear that Lodge will only play around 12 games a season without injury being taken into account. He can chill out at cafes with the other props.

Thumb's up NRL :finger:
Its getting to be a bit of worry. He seems to play a game or two get suspended for a bit, rinse and repeat.

When he's on the field we are getting good value out of him. If he keeps missing games due to suspension we would need to query the value we are getting.

It is going to be a worry if he keeps getting suspended for minor incidents.

Reactions: bruce

Ever Hopeful

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Feb 24, 2013
Its getting to be a bit of worry. He seems to play a game or two get suspended for a bit, rinse and repeat.

When he's on the field we are getting good value out of him. If he keeps missing games due to suspension we would need to query the value we are getting.

It is going to be a worry if he keeps getting suspended for minor incidents.

I'm surprised there is not more outcry from the players themselves. Thompson, Lodge, Radley, Klemmer etc etc are probably going to see their contract values come crashing down, or their clubs try to offload them ala Luke Thompson.

Reactions: bruce and snake77

Aman

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 9, 2016
I'm surprised there is not more outcry from the players themselves. Thompson, Lodge, Radley, Klemmer etc etc are probably going to see their contract values come crashing down, or their clubs try to offload them ala Luke Thompson.

seriously I know lodge plays for us so we’re going to be a little one eyed but 3 weeks for ChN taking off someone’s head and 2 weeks for lodge for making a tackle? There was no intent to hip drop just a player hanging on for dear life and a accident happening. I’ve said this plenty of times before but my interest in the NRL is at a all time low. I hardly ever watch any other games except ours anymore and even then I usually turn off at some point.

Very very frustrating seeing the big man get rubbed out every week for the most innocuous shit. Did you see these rules they’re proposing? 7 tackle set for kicking out of play!! Like Jesus fuck it’s just gonna be a bunch of backs running around in every position. Who the fuck doesn’t enjoy the grind, the pressure and the tactics? What polls are these fucktard NRL cu**s reading? The product is garbage and the so called safety crackdown has resulted in more HIAs and injuries than any other season before.

Fuck your Abdo and fuck you Vlandys.

YOU CAN NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES POST ANYTHING POTENTIALLY DEFAMATORY LIBELLOUS OR SLANDEROUS. Do not speculate names of unconfirmed stories in the media, make assumptions on a persons character, post unfavourable rumours or break name suppression orders. Doing so can have serious legal implications for you, admin and/or this forum.

ANY OFFENCES WILL RESULT IN A PERMANENT THREAD OR SITE BAN.

In simple terms, if its not an official release or events and names are not reported in any MAJOR news agencies then do not talk about it.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings