You cannot, under any circumstances, post anything potentially slanderous.

• Doing so can have legal implications.

• That includes naming names when players are suspected of match fixing, doping, etc.

Results are only viewable after voting.

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Whatever the outcome is you can understand why very few cases are reported to the police. Both of these high profile trials have hardly been about evidence, but more about judging the character of the alleged victim.
As cold as it sounds... the justice system is only the ambulance at the bottom of the cliff, trying to sort shit out after the event.

You don’t need to rely on it if you stay away from the cliff.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Both of these high profile trials have hardly been about evidence, but more about judging the character of the alleged victim.
Absolutely, and I wouldn't want De Belin as a friend, he gives boguns a bad name, but on what I have heard I couldn't find him guilty.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
So, is he guilty or not Bruce ? Hayne lost second time round, so not a good precedent for DeBelin.
Fair question, I had to think on the answer.

Having had the misfortune to know some rape victims, and study some criminology, I know for a fact that most rapes are not commited for the purpose of sex, but usually power or sometimes anger.

So IMO it is unlikely De Belin just wanted a shag, he wanted to do a woman over, emotionally at least.

My guess is that she had had a few drinks, and maybe no sex for a few days, so was a little horny and though she would take a chance on the offer. That is not anything to be ashamed of IMO.

As is often the case, once he was in the door he turned into a moron and she got a lot less horny all of a sudden. That is her legal right so there was no consent from that point on.

I think that is what probably happened, but that alone is not enough to find him guilty.

The jury will have the advantage of seeing them both close up.

Also, in Hayne case the injuries were clearly non consensual so easy for a jury to decide. I cannot remember if this girl was injured or not, if so I vote guilty and the jury might as well.

BiggerD

1st Grade Fringe
May 15, 2012
Sydney
Jarryd Hayne .. 2 days out from his sentencing hanging out with Cory Norman & a Mate.
Jarryd seems relaxed & okay. Just do your time like Mike Tyson & youll be fine. :)

1620126401467.png

• Wow
Reactions: bruce

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
ALL POSTS CONCERNING MANU VATUVEI PENDING COURT CASE ON THE IMPORTING, POSSESION AND SUPPLY OF METHAMPHETIMINE CAN BE FOUND IN HIS PLAYER PROFILE THREAD.

Please redirect all posts there from now on...

Reactions: warriorsfan92

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Just banned another two members from posting in this thread for breaching the thread rules.

Case in question is regarding the Eels player reported to the NRL recently.

Until a person is officially named by the NRL or a major news media outlet you are NOT allowed to mention anyone even if its your own mother!

DO NOT BREAK NAME SUPPRESSION ORDERS OR MENTION POTENTIAL NAMES OR ACCUSATIONS IF THEY ARE STILL BEFORE THE COURTS OR REVIEW COMMITTEE.

We have this very simple rule to protect this forum from being sued for slander or defamation. Should that happen we admin will simply destroy the place to save our own ass. Even then we can still be found liable for providing the platform.

Far easier to permanently ban a member than close this place down...

BiggerD

1st Grade Fringe
May 15, 2012
Sydney
Breaking ...

Footy superstar Jarryd Hayne is sentenced to five years and nine months in jail for raping a young woman in her bedroom - as his wife breaks down in tears and mouths 'I love you'​

I am surprised at how long he got
Bye Hayne Plane

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
So if it was your daughter would you be happy with his history and demeanor. I don't fuckin think so. Has shown no remorse and thinks he is entitled 🙄
My daughter wouldn’t invite him into her bedroom in the first place so they can get into a he said / she said situation. Hopefully

But I think it was more the injuries that nailed him.

Last edited:

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
Breaking ...

Footy superstar Jarryd Hayne is sentenced to five years and nine months in jail for raping a young woman in her bedroom - as his wife breaks down in tears and mouths 'I love you'​

I am surprised at how long he got
Bye Hayne Plane

his wife??

fmd she’s loyal !!!

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
So if it was your daughter would you be happy with his history and demeanor. I don't fuckin think so. Has shown no remorse and thinks he is entitled 🙄
Entitled is the appropriate word to describe him. He has probably been getting away with a lot due to being such a big star. I wouldn't be surprised if in his playing days if his team mates did something they would of been punished. Jarryd does it and it's let go. He's been put on a pedestal most of his life, treated as he is special. Problem is once your playing days are over that stops.

The injuries don't make pretty reading. Often the details not included in the media are a lot worse.

The different incidents of player behaviour over the last 10 years the NRL and the playing group haven't had more end up in jail. Some serious charges have been discussed but not pursued for either lack of evidence or other reasons.

Hayne will now go down as an example for young players how thing could turn out if you don't control your behaviour.

YOU CAN NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES POST ANYTHING POTENTIALLY DEFAMATORY LIBELLOUS OR SLANDEROUS. Do not speculate names of unconfirmed stories in the media, make assumptions on a persons character, post unfavourable rumours or break name suppression orders. Doing so can have serious legal implications for you, admin and/or this forum.

ANY OFFENCES WILL RESULT IN A PERMANENT THREAD OR SITE BAN.

In simple terms, if its not an official release or events and names are not reported in any MAJOR news agencies then do not talk about it.
Manly Sea Eagles Rate Match

Last Game

09 May

32 - 38
4.9 Total Avg Rating
6.8 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 14 ratings