You cannot, under any circumstances, post anything potentially slanderous.

• Doing so can have legal implications.

• That includes naming names when players are suspected of match fixing, doping, etc.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
Awhite bruv it's you and me against the Burgess bruvvas, theyve gone too far, this is famly now, dont worry bruv Sam's so high he thinks there's four of us, wait'll dot cotton ears about this

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Akkerz

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Burgess is a good example of the bubble these guys lived in when they were playing. He probably was protected from a lot of incidents while playing with the club helping out on some occassions. They may have not been big issues but as a superstar he'd have been pampered.

Hardyman's Yugo

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 2, 2017
Lancashire, England
I'm waiting for him to be issued a 501 and deported back to Yorkshire.

Lets see some consistency ScoMo
At passport control on entry into Australia the answer to the question, ‘Do you have a criminal record sir/madam?’ should always be, ‘I didn’t know you still needed one’

Send him back to Dewsbury btw

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016

Hardyman's Yugo

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 2, 2017
Lancashire, England
How is hush money a salary cap issue anyway, were they supposed to take it out of his salary to pay her to shut up?
Unless the family have found out how much he was earning somehow and rustled up a storm based on that. Players are stupid by and large, there are a few instances of EPL players salary slips appearing on the internet. Wouldn’t surprise anyone if what he earns and what is declared on the cap aren’t the same amount

Reactions: Worried2Death

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
I guess it has to come out of the cap or there could be a few dodgy club payments that go to a 3rd party with the intention of the money ending up with a contracted player.
i thought this as well, whats to stop them making payments to other family members, if the money doesn't come out of the cap and as part of his declared income.

Stone

1st Grade Fringe
May 19, 2012
Auckland
What's the take here on the Corey Norman-James Segeyaro incident.

For those who are unaware, Norman & Segeyaro were out with a couple of females, Segeyaro was approached in a hostile manner by a group of four men, one of whom called Segeyaro the N word.

Obviously Segeyaro took offence to this & while he is verbally making his offence known he is blindsided by another member of the group then all four jump in, this is where Norman (& even the females they were with) got involved to try & protect Segeyaro.

Shortly after the NRL integrity units investigates & Norman is subsequently fined $20,000 & suspended for 2 matches.

I totally agree that players need to be held accountable for their actions, but this reaction from the NRL is complete horse shit IMO.

The NRL has inadvertently created an environment where fuckwits can abuse players, threaten players & in some cases like this even attack players & unless the player actually presses charges (which most won't, too much hassle for little to no reward) the instigator walks away scott free & it is instead the player who is punished.

Here's a question, what's a worse look for the game, a player getting into a melee to protect his bro (which apparently brings the game into disrepute) or a player just standing there watching while his bro gets the shit beaten out of him & is potentially hospitalized or worse.

The NRL even told Norman he was in the wrong because he had a chance to get away & didn't.

Ahhh newsflash NRL ... where I come from backing your bro in a situation like that is pretty much mandatory.

We call that being a good friend & if you see your bro outnumbered 4 to 1 & decide to gap it we call that being a bad friend a VERY bad friend.

The NRL needs to sort this ASAP because IMO they've created a scenario where fuckwits know they can abuse these guys or even physically attack them & the players are being so hamstrung by the NRL that they are virtually powerless to even defend themselves without the potential risk of punishment from the NRL.

I'd even go so far as to say, telling any league player at any level not back his bro in a situation like that is in direct contravention to the spirit of the game & if they want the game to be full of people who stand by & watch or worse still gap it when their bro is about to be potentially bashed then I for one will stop watching/supporting this comp altogether.

Sort it out NRL!!!

Last edited:

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
I know there have been a lot of player incidenets the last 10-15 years. Even with the players being aware of it, the NRL wanting to sanction them even if we have down periods it will probably be an issue for a while. The media have an appetite to report on it, social media makes it easier for the general public to spread something.

Norman has been involved in a few incidents but that sounds like something that some common sense should of been applied to.

As mentioned Segeyaro could of been hospitalised. Even if Norman just pulled the people off him he'd probably be in trouble cause of how sensitive people get over these things.

Reactions: Stone and matiunz

Geoffpublic

Warriors. As good as Gould
Contributor
Dec 7, 2018
Auckland
If it went down as reported then they need support.
However these 2 have had a lot of negative incidents over the years. Much of it has been their own making. I've felt they have been less than honest in the past and wonder what they haven't said this time. They are not unlucky. They are an accident waiting to happen.
If either of them is to have a better life, they need to leave the other and everyone like them behind.

Upcoming Match

Gold Coast Titans Central Coast Stadium

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings