You cannot, under any circumstances, post anything potentially slanderous.

• Doing so can have legal implications.

• That includes naming names when players are suspected of match fixing, doping, etc.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction score

Mr Frank White

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Did you see that he lost his court case about playing a few weeks back. Not sure I saw a mention on here, but it was in the news. As was the verdict on Israel Folau who is definitely sacked from Rugby. Results came out the same week I think.
Was always going to happen that way. Suspending employees is common practice and has been already tested in court.
Drags are paying him so no financial loss and he's still free to leave or sign with another club, so no restraint of trade. (the fact the no other club would take him is irrelevant)

Folau was also always going to lose as a code of conduct test.
His argument was that his faith required proselytising, but the logical response is if his faith is the most important thing, then quit rugby.
But alas no, the evil dollar was actually his false idol, and he is actually is just a homophobic loser.

Reaction score
Pozza

Pozza

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
As the law stands lack of consent has to be proven by the prosecution, not the defendant. However there is ample legal precedent that injuries consistent with force can be accepted by the Court as evidence of lack of consent. It appears clear that evidence exists because of the extent of the injuries.

Again, sticking my neck out on this one, but as it goes on I am getting more convinced De Belin is a dumb bogun who thinks he can lie his way out of this. Just saying like.
And Mrs De Belin is still standing by her man... dumb as a box full of these 🔨

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
Dumb maybe...desperate to hang on to some hope more likely. The thought of your breadwinner and father of your unborn child going on an extended unpaid holiday isn't the best to keep one rational. She is as much a victim as the complainant.

Reaction score
wizards rage

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
When the mindset is that every chicks there to be nailed... hammering it might be the problem 🤔

Reaction score
Pozza

Pozza

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Dumb maybe...desperate to hang on to some hope more likely. The thought of your breadwinner and father of your unborn child going on an extended unpaid holiday isn't the best to keep one rational. She is as much a victim as the complainant.
Dylan Walker case another example eventually it all goes to shit

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
Innocent until proven guilty. To suggest otherwise can be taken as defamation so please watch what you say. Plenty of court cases have been taken out against people doing just that, even those hiding behind social media avatars. It is not your right to hang him in here before justice has been served. Accusations and speculation are not permitted. Stick to the facts ie statements in articles from both sides...

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
Stick to the facts ie statements in articles from both sides...
The fact I was referring to was the hospital report reported in the news, and offering an honest opinion on that in relation to the defence of consent. That is not defamation, I can assure you.

Consent can be withdrawn at any time e.g. when things get a bit rough, and if the hospital report is correct, they seem to have. I suppose it is possible that somebody else inflicted the said injuries and she is just blaming De Belin but the Police should have checked that out, one would think.

I would like to say interesting times ahead on this one, but I cannot. I expect a slow and ungainly walk to the gallows for the said lad, with the NRL mentioned in headlines on every step.

Reaction score
Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
We shouldnt be debating actual evidence, that is the role of the Court. What we, the NRL, and the Dragons should be having a serious discussion over is when and if it is appropriate to stand him down.

A piece of advice from someone who has prepared heaps of prosecution files is we do not have all the facts and evidence. A medical report on its own is just one piece in the puzzle.

For instance I attended a drunk domestic. Woman claimed partner had assaulted her and she had a bleeding and swollen eye. Slam dunk yes.

When I spoke to the guy he said she had attacked him with a weapon and he used a chair to fend her off without violence. He claimed not to know how her eye was injured.

The chair was an old iron pipe one with no back. When I looked closer at her eye underneath there was perfect half circle the same size as the chairs pipe frame.

Moral of story, dont assume.

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
Moral of story, dont assume.
Fact, she was a very slight woman, he is a NRL forward. He needs the benefit of the doubt, yeah right.

What impressed me, and I guess his club, in the early stages was his profound plea of innocence, which led me to believe he might have something going for him. So innocent until proven guilty was my opinion.

The other possibility was that he was in deep shite and looking at a decent jail term, so was lying like the proverbial flounder to save his skin. I have mates in blue suits who have told me about morons who can be confronted with water tight evidence and still plead innocence.

The longer it has gone on I fear the latter is the case. I say fear because if he is lying he has dragged the game through the mud and deserves everything that he gets.

Reaction score
Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Fact, she was a very slight woman, he is a NRL forward. He needs the benefit of the doubt, yeah right.

What impressed me, and I guess his club, in the early stages was his profound plea of innocence, which led me to believe he might have something going for him. So innocent until proven guilty was my opinion.

The other possibility was that he was in deep shite and looking at a decent jail term, so was lying like the proverbial flounder to save his skin. I have mates in blue suits who have told me about morons who can be confronted with water tight evidence and still plead innocence.

The longer it has gone on I fear the latter is the case. I say fear because if he is lying he has dragged the game through the mud and deserves everything that he gets.
It still leaves the question of what standard constitutes a stand down. I think people confuse the criminality with the disrepute brought to the game.

He breached the required standards. Like Israel Folau, he didnt get sacked for homophibia he was sacked for breaches imposed from a year ago.

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
It still leaves the question of what standard constitutes a stand down. I think people confuse the criminality with the disrepute brought to the game.
He got stood down because of pressure from sponsors. End of story. So he has probably stuffed it up for genuine cases of false complaint.

Reaction score
Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
He got stood down because of pressure from sponsors. End of story. So he has probably stuffed it up for genuine cases of false complaint.
I guess they who pay the piper call the tune. Actions have consequences.

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
I guess they who pay the piper call the tune.
Hell yes. That is why corporates pay so much in advertising, not so much for the publicity as the control over publication. Just as any useless government department. ;) ;)

Reaction score
Hardyman's Yugo

Hardyman's Yugo

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Reaction score
Dixpat

Dixpat

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
George Burgess' eye gouge on Farah in tonight’s game was calculated, prolonged and disgraceful.

The ref saw it in real time and immediately blew for the foul play but then he bottled it by only putting it on report when it deserved a clear send off.

Last edited:
Reaction score
matiunz

matiunz

Assistant Ballboy
Contributor
Reaction score
His eye gouge on Farah in tonight’s game was calculated, prolonged and disgraceful.

The ref saw it in real time and immediately blew for the foul play but then he bottled it by only putting it on report when it deserved a clear send off.
It was bad even Cook was WTF, he will spend a few weeks on the sidelines surely

Reaction score
Wellington Warrior

Wellington Warrior

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
That eye gouge was pretty bad....but this is the NRL!!

He will probably get a $1500 fine and be free to play next weekend whilst a Warriors player will get a 3 week ban for a late hit.

Reaction score
razzrillinger

razzrillinger

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
That eye gouge was pretty bad....but this is the NRL!!

He will probably get a $1500 fine and be free to play next weekend whilst a Warriors player will get a 3 week ban for a late hit.
I reckon he'll get 5 weeks like Hudson Young did.

Top Bottom