TeamList Rabbitohs vs Warriors - [Round 5, 2024]

Any of you folks ever go to a game by yourselves? Going to this one on my own on Saturday 😂
I may possibly be, got a nice little group of bandwagoners keen last year that seem so so this year.
Find out the away fan section and you won’t be alone

We won’t lack for effort that’s for sure, our boys have a great attitude to win and we’ve done well thus far with injuries to key players and positional changes. Souths will be licking thier chops now and could either be their undoing or not, who knows. But I’m feeling anxious as now although Im ok with Pomps on the left and Montoya sliding to the right with 2 great centres inside them. But that bench is concerning. Hey….Im sure Webby knows what he’s doing so the boys have to stick to the game plan and execute both ends of the field. Just keep it simple boys….I don’t care if we win by one point. Just win.
To me this becomes a must win game if we want to be serious about building a dynasty of playing in the finals consistently and even winning multiple grand finals. All the great teams lose good quality players and find ways to win. I hope we have a proper game plan for souths and it wasnt like last year where we didnt pivot away from dry track footy.

In regards to your concerns about the bench i think most of this forum would share similar thoughts. I just hope that if they dont have people ready in NSW CUP that they are on the phone trying to get someone or at the very least find out where Brisbane gets these giants from

Isn’t it expected most teams will have 1 or 2 starting players out most weeks?

Just part of the game that needs to be managed with depth in the squad really important.

We have 5 this week. That's 30% of the top team.

Last week we had 3 out and then Metcalf gone 9 min in.

And then 3-4 out on Rd 1 and 2 too.

Those are significant outs and I think most teams would struggle with 4-5 of their top players out.

I dunno, just seems mad were still expecting a win. They're rare enough as it is against Souths, but with 5 players out and rain? Makes it an even more unlikely victory. Well have to play exceptionally well to be in with a chance

IMG_8148.jpeg

Despite the big outs of DWZ and Niukore, I have no doubt that the boys will be fired up and roaring to put in a big shift for Rog’s 200th.

Lets eat ‼️

Last edited:

Those are significant outs and I think most teams would struggle with 4-5 of their top players out.

I dunno, just seems mad were still expecting a win. They're rare enough as it is against Souths, but with 5 players out and rain? Makes it an even more unlikely victory. Well have to play exceptionally well to be in with a chance
For sure mate, I'm not trying to be negative here but the number of peeps talking like a big win is a given seems crazy to me, even before this injury news. 1 win from our last 15 encounters (from memory), away against one of the NRL's darling clubs so I'm not expecting a single reffing favour or rub of the green to go our way... we'll be doing well to snatch this one.

I dunno, just seems mad were still expecting a win. They're rare enough as it is, but with 5 players out and rain? Makes it an even more unlikely victory. Well have to play exceptionally well to be in with a chance
For context TMM is the same level as Metcalf and none of us knew who was the starting player until round 1 so I so t consider him a big out.

Missing a winger is probably the least impact on the team, even as good as DWZ is so can be replaced.

Walker is a big out but he’s a bench player and while annoying, Jazz and CHT replace him in different ways. He hasn’t really been in great form for a while either.

Niukore and Capewell are real losses. Probably the biggest impact players we have out that will impact our performance. I consider them our 2 critical players out this week. I consider we should still have the talent and players to win. south’s have Jai Arrow, Campbell Graham and Alex Johnson out who will similarly impact on them.

I’m just thankful we haven’t had major injury to any superstars like other teams do: SJ, AFB, Egan or Tohu.

Last edited:
Weather on the improve for tomorrow 🙌 Could even be fine at kick off.
It doesn't feel that way at the moment - it is bucketing down in Sydney! Even if it is fine tomorrow (fingers crossed for us Warriors fans, and the people affected by / prone to flooding on Australia's east coast!), the ground will be very, very moist.

Wonder if they would move the NSW Cup game - the Flegg game has already been postponed.

1712297600033.png

Edit: As Fonzie has already said. My bad.

It doesn't feel that way at the moment - it is bucketing down in Sydney! Even if it is fine tomorrow (fingers crossed for us Warriors fans, and the people affected by / prone to flooding on Australia's east coast!), the ground will be very, very moist.

Wonder if they would move the NSW Cup game - the Flegg game has already been postponed.

View attachment 6503

Edit: As Fonzie has already said. My bad.
1712298280397.png

Back