Pick Your Team Warriors v Sharks - Round 1, 2024 PICK YOUR TEAM

Right, back at it after a self induced reprieve from the forum over the summer to concentrate on fishing, BBQing and the multitude of other hobbies, but now its time to get wound up about the return of the footie!

Most of it has already been covered off, but to me both trials were impressive and showed last year certainly wasnt a fluke and there is reason to believe with this team.

Re: Metcalf vs TMM vs CHT, I was impressed with Metcalf and think that he defended well in the trials but the key thing was the added option as a kicker. TMM doesnt have that in his game and most people spoke of the reads and defense he had over Metcalf last year (I was one of those tbh), but felt he showed enough to say he has worked on those parts of his game in the off season. I am a big fan of TMM and am especially impressed by his story, but feel that the hunger in Metcalf may be stronger to really crack this team. CHT is definite 3rd cab off the rank, but a great player to have in the wings and also long term with the club.

Re: Bench. I would give first crack to with Walker, Jazz, Marata, and Ale. Lussick 18th man but any slip up from Jazz he will be overtaken. I just feel the potency of the Walker/Jazz combo last year was epic when it was on and feel last weeks trial wouldve put a rocket up Jazz. Can appreciate the want to give Egan a spell and manage his minutes too, so will trust whatever call Webby makes.

Lastly, I thought yesterday was Team List Tuesday, so what a fizzer it turned out to be to have to wait another week!

1 Taine
2 DWZ
3 Berry
4 RTS
5 Montoya
6 Metcalf
7 SJ
8 AFB
9 Egan
10 Bunty
11 Capewell
12 Ford
13 Tohu

14 CHT
15 Niukore
16 Barnett
17 Walker

We are talking about the GOAT, the Berrysiah, the Rock

If the trainers tell him he is injured, he just disagrees...
cast-break-cast.gif

Hey hey hey don’t shoot the messenger

Keep the GOATS name out of your mouth!!
6b0056.jpg

I suspect that given the last time we played the Sharks at home Rocco ascended to GOAT status, having him play the Sharks at home again would simply not be fair to the rest of the NRL.. Smart decision from the Rock to make himself unavailable..

In all seriousness though, that would be tough having no GOAT and no CNK sweeping around on that right side, and Ramien (or Talakai?) would be a much tougher defensive assignment for Ali compared to a geriatric Croker. Good opportunity for Ali to "ascend" though lol

Back