Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 25/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: Nil
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)

Last edited:
Haha he thinks Hunt will want to stay if they get AFB! I’ve said it before but how good that Webby came in and said we’ve got a good squad, we can do well. Then went about making everyone a better player. Flano is just about the start the “give me 3 years to get the squad I want before we make finals etc”

Apparently there are only 5 guys in the nrl over 110 kg who average over 50 minutes- hass, afb, rcg, Paulo and fotuaika.
So if we’re looking like for like they’re your targets…

Wonder if the Eels are so desperate for that strike outside back, that they would release one of them to us, to get Zac Lomax

Not a very fair trade for Parra but

I have a feeling AFB will go to the Sharks and Ben Hunt leaves the Dragons LOL

The lack of news from the Sharks' end is very interesting

Would love this for f**kwit Flanno haha

Didn't something similar in 2018? Sea Eagles released Blake Green to go all in on Mitch Pearce, only for Pearce to go to Newy? So at least there is some precedent lol

Last edited:
So if we put the Sharks hat on, how would AFB strengthen our (Sharks) pack and who would we sacrifice from the pack to get the deal done? Ranking of players likely to be negotiated and those who are off limits

So if we put the Sharks hat on, how would AFB strengthen our (Sharks) pack and who would we sacrifice from the pack to get the deal done? Ranking of players likely to be negotiated and those who are off limits
It’s interesting. I don’t really see why sharks would need to spend that much on a prop with their current roster. If they got him but lost another good player at a cost of around $400-$500k off their cap (difference between AFB and player coming our way) it’s not going to all of a sudden make them title favs. I’d say it wouldn’t move their dial much at all for the cost.

Considering we have heard nothing from the Sharks, no reports of him meeting Fitz or touring the joint. I’d say the Sharks mention is pure speculation from the media based off the fact they released a player or two.

It’s interesting. I don’t really see why sharks would need to spend that much on a prop with their current roster. If they got him but lost another good player at a cost of around $400-$500k off their cap (difference between AFB and player coming our way) it’s not going to all of a sudden make them title favs. I’d say it wouldn’t move their dial much at all for the cost.

Considering we have heard nothing from the Sharks, no reports of him meeting Fitz or touring the joint. I’d say the Sharks mention is pure speculation from the media based off the fact they released a player or two.

I know they've moved a few people on recently (Moylan and Tracey) who didn't have much impact for them this year, but if all they lose from here is Hamlin-Uale and they gained AFB their forward pack looks much better instantly. Didn't they also get the Knights best up and coming front rower for Lachlan Miller too? So in the next 2-3 years they've probably got a boss forward pack bette than what they have now (if they get AFB).

I know they've moved a few people on recently (Moylan and Tracey) who didn't have much impact for them this year, but if all they lose from here is Hamlin-Uale and they gained AFB their forward pack looks much better instantly. Didn't they also get the Knights best up and coming front rower for Lachlan Miller too? So in the next 2-3 years they've probably got a boss forward pack bette than what they have now (if they get AFB).

Yeah Max Bradbury good young talent and the knights fans were gutted losing him.

Apparently there are only 5 guys in the nrl over 110 kg who average over 50 minutes- hass, afb, rcg, Paulo and fotuaika.
So if we’re looking like for like they’re your targets…

The metric for a million dollar prop are pretty obvious eh.

Anyone that can play past the arbitrary sub off twenty minute marker, who can dominate for their whole running time is a million dollar prop.

And since in our sport the Athletes are really dumb only five have worked out that having a big motor is worth millions.

We will not find like for like, because the sport is bereft of a genuine fitness guys with big bodies and the AFB signing was a pay max price for an Australian in one of the most expensive positions in the game at the elite end.

The thing that does my head in is that these big motors are not genetic.

They are a training created thing which anyone can reach if they have it between their ears to be not afraid of cardio. Most big boys in our sport like that they don't have to do cardio like a hooker or back row forward.

That needs to change.

Maybe I need to open a camp for turning big boys into million dollar players based off hitting metrics.

The Warriors should basically throw out the old NSW cup prep model and forget wins and losses in the cup, re prioritize work ons to have cardio at the top.

Back