Post Match 2023 Penrith vs Warriors - Week 1 Finals (Post Match)

vs

-

MATCH COMPLETE

01 Jan 1970

Match Stats

Tries
Conversions
/ Field Goals /
/ 2P Field Goals /
Try Assists
% Possession %
/ Set Completion /
Time in Opposition Half
Metres Gained
Dropouts
Dummy Half Runs
/ Kicks/Kick Metres /
40/20
20/40
Offloads
1 on 1 Steals
Line Breaks
Line Break Assists
Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Rate the Match !

• A+

• A

• B

• C

• D

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
They have
The top defence
Speed on the edges
Halves

As we had none of that, we need to come up out a plan.

Cronk highlights it, Penrith weren’t even that good.

I know for about 25 minutes in that second half they weren't AMAZING, but was I watching a different game where that first half they were outstanding? Apart from Yeo dropping the ball a few times I thought they were fantastic, their intensity was great and we did well to keep them to 20...

Is that not the general consensus?

Could call out a bunch of players but proud we got to the top 4 albeit on the back of a soft draw.
Good for our players to experience some finals Even if we win next week I don't want to see us make the grand final and get smashed again especially if key players are out.

The epic game I want to see is penrith vs brisbane

A couple of early mistakes by us gave Penrith the momentum.
A few dodgy ref decisions always favour the team with momentum.
Credit wise, our boys never gave up, Harris was huge and on reflection the others will watch his example and step up.
Curran added momentum when he came on (way too late) and my favs the baldy bros were woeful.
Rather lose this week so the guys can appreciate the difference in intensity of finals and come out with a new mindset next week. (at home).
Although I have been very critical of TMM he lifted to another level this week (still needs more game time to be at finals level)
We should kill it next week though.

Can't fault the effort as the boys tried hard but boy did we do some dumb, dumb stuff out there. I thought TMM kicking game was serviceable but neither he or Walker could inject themselves in attack. Someone needed to be straightening, rather than. Everyone crabbing across field.
We lacked leadership, especially in attack + kicking game

. SJ great at dragging in defenders and straightening the line for the outside Attack to have room... still SJ needs a pack to march down the field to setup these attacks have the room... Panther D up in our face all game we looked like we were playing off our back foot and in turn had to create room by pushing sideways which the Panthers just played along go sideways boys way you go straight to the sidelines..

JAZZ no impact - Ford limited impact - Siro limited to no impact ..

should have played Curren starting team -ford off the bench ...Ale + bunty as impact,, lussick more time off the bench for egan ...he actually has a great pass better than Egan from the ruck IMHO

JAZZ -SIRO >>> NSW cup ...

DWZ needed to mark his man .... pompey to not get in the way for the first WAR try ..and I think we would have been much closer esp if we had SJ on the field....

They have
The top defence
Speed on the edges
Halves

As we had none of that, we need to come up out a plan.

Cronk highlights it, Penrith weren’t even that good.
I'm just saying, 2nd phase footy isn't the only way to beat them. It's not our style and it shows right now. Take our best performance this year and at full strength it gives us every chance.

Hell if it wasn't for possibly the worst officiating of the year and a bs sinbin we at least match them earlier in the season, of not beat them

I know for about 25 minutes in that second half they weren't AMAZING, but was I watching a different game where that first half they were outstanding? Apart from Yeo dropping the ball a few times I thought they were fantastic, their intensity was great and we did well to keep them to 20...

Is that not the general consensus?
Now hang on one gawd-dang second, son!

Golden Rule: You DO NOT Credit the Oppostion After A Loss!! Major infringement, I'm sure the site management will want a little chat with you Monday!

The Panthers were really good. Some of what they put on us was really classy, Cleary's try being one of them.

I was actually surprised he went for the penalty kick in the first half. But maybe that was Big Game Management thinking on his part. A post-season course that the Warriors have just enrolled in and hopefully will be having classes in for a while...

I understand people being defensive about criticism towards players or Webby because we have over achieved this season. But that doesn't mean posters are unable to have opinions. We have done extremely well but there is room to improve in many areas both on the park and, at least to me, in selection.
If we want to be Penrith then we need to analyse every weakness and keep moving forward. Continuous improvement does not involve just saying well that was good enough.

Onwards and upwards lads, bring on next week! Team naming Tuesday will be interesting!

Man, my only thoughts is that we dug in deep. We didnt drop our heads. Penrith are something else, i give them my props.

Alot of inexperienced and long awaited finals players in our squad vs. a complete team of finals experience basically.

2011 - Finals week 1. Brisbane 40 Warriors 10. We went on to make the GF. She aint over yet.

I know "up the wahs" is the saying these days for gen xyz or whatever, but theres an original saying that's "keep the faith" i'm keeping mine

The Pompey Montoya combo is far too slow. Manly showed other teams that weakness when Saab and Koula schooled that edge, Charnze isn’t that fast for a fullback either. Every Penrith back was faster than the warriors player he was up against.

Penrith get away with everything on defense. It’s like refs are afraid to penalise them.

Back