Warriors News NRL investigates Warriors over verbal abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
The NRL are awaiting a referee's report regarding allegations that trainers from the New Zealand Warriors abused match officials during last Friday's clash with the Brisbane Broncos at Suncorp Stadium before deciding whether the club will be sanctioned.
An NRL spokesman said the organisation's football operations department would rule on the alleged incident once it reviewed a report from the lead match referee Ben Cummins. It can issue a breach notice and impose fines.
During the first half of the match, won by the Broncos 10-8, Cummins was heard telling colleague Chris James: "Kevin Iro and that bloke in yellow just gave us a gobful".
After the match Tony Iro, who was mistakenly identified as his younger brother, denied he had made derogatory comments towards the referees.
The Warriors assistant coach, who acts as a runner during the games, said: "I didn't say anything to him. I don't know if he heard the players or me barking at the players but I didn't say anything to him."
Warriors head trainer Craig Walker was also implicated and denied the allegations.
Cummins reported the incident to NRL officials at halftime and a report should be provided to the football operations department by the end of the week.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/7295291/NRL-investigates-Warriors-over-verbal-abuse

Apologies if this has already been posted, I couldn't find it anywhere.

No doubt this will be seen as a huge issue and the club will cop a huge fine. There will be new rules put in place because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom