General NRL Grand Final Tickets

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Grand final tickets go on sale to the general public tomorrow morning, wanting to get tickets on the off chance the Warriors make it.
Obviously its a bit of a gamble so was wondering if anyone else has ever bought tickets to the grand final and if so is this the only shot you have to get tickets?

tajhay

🏉
Grand final tickets go on sale to the general public tomorrow morning, wanting to get tickets on the off chance the Warriors make it.
Obviously its a bit of a gamble so was wondering if anyone else has ever bought tickets to the grand final and if so is this the only shot you have to get tickets?
It wont be the only chance...If the warriors make it you will get numerous opportunities to be part of the action. Each time the warriors have made the GF, i ended up getting the tickets in the final week in the leadup to the GF, after our place in the decider was secured.

Reactions: matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
It wont be the only chance...If the warriors make it you will get numerous opportunities to be part of the action. Each time the warriors have made the GF, i ended up getting the tickets in the final week in the leadup to the GF, after our place in the decider was secured.

Thanks for the info, do they release further tickets or is it people whose team didnt make it selling on? If so is the price inflated much?
First year in Sydney and would be gutted to miss out.

tajhay

🏉
Thanks for the info, do they release further tickets or is it people whose team didnt make it selling on? If so is the price inflated much?
Yeah further releases mate, and lots of people whose teams didnt make it will be selling on as well. Dont worry about buying tickets until warriors win their semi for sure bro. From memory i paid perhaps $20-30 more than ticket value each time. You will be sweet.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Yeah further releases mate, and lots of people whose teams didnt make it will be selling on as well. Dont worry about buying tickets until warriors win their semi for sure bro. From memory i paid perhaps $20-30 more than ticket value each time. You will be sweet.
Yeah the NRL always reserve tickets for the clubs that actually make it. Members will get a couple days to buy tickets before they go up for general sale...

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor

Cheers mate appreciate the info.

You do have to be a registered member of the Warriors so if you're not, join up. The way it works: 3 or 4 bays at each end are not sold until the two grand finalists are decided, the NRL makes a decision as to which team gets which end and sells the appropriate bays to that club's members for IIRC a 24 hour period before everyone else gets dibs on those or any other tickets.

I've got two tickets on the very corner of one end so, if the Warriors don't make the GF, I'll be very close to one set of fans (hopefully it's not Manly, booring chants etc and am sick of seeing them in the GF anyway :) ). If the Warriors do make the GF, I'll sell at Buy price on Trademe (I'll offer them on here if anyone's interested) and get the two tickets in the Warriors end (have a better view or be surrounded by fellow Warriors fans? What's the hard choice??). Also cheaper cough, cough....

The prices can be and often are inflated for on-selling. Have an idea what the tickets cost (keep a note of the ticket prices on Ticketek and decide what you're prepared to pay to get there. (being at ANZ to see the Warriors lose would be crap enough without the addition of it costing you $500 for a $185 ticket). Ticket sellers on eBay in Australia can't be too specific about where the seats they're selling are as it's officially a no-no but they do give bay numbers and often show you a sitemap of ANZ Stadium (or link to it on the stadium's website). Trade Me seem very Meh! about the whole ticket selling thing by comparison, just watch for whiny fans.

You might not get too stung as obviously the value of the tickets becomes $0 on GF Day after 7PM kickoff so people will want some kind of money back before then...