General NRL General Manager Final Results Voting and Discussion

warriors55

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 12, 2017
I didn’t give Burbo a zero score, gave him the equivalent of a 20 SuperCoach average. Blair’s score is based entirely on his 2019 average.
I don't know much about Supercoach but I see similar rankings for Josh Curran and Blake Brailey.

Ben T is probably better than them but he is a couple of years younger with no first grade experience so can see why you rated him that way. Seems fair.

Reactions: Mr Brownstone

warriors55

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 12, 2017
Again based entirely off 2019 data. After playing off the bench in 2019, Ese’ese has actually started at lock in the two games of 2020 so far, however he’s somehow managed to do even worse in the 13 jumper, averaging just 25 vs a 2019 average of 40. The two Knights coaches over the last 2 years don’t seem to want to play him for big minutes, indicates he’s got some issues, defence is a problem I believe. Ice isn’t dynamic however gets through a lot of work.
Yea fair enough. Positional changes and playing big minutes for explosive players can negatively affect performance.

I've been a big supporter of Ice but he really let me down last year. Hoping he turns things around this season. Needs to more than just the basics. His core stats seem ok but he was pretty ordinary last year.

Mr Brownstone

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 9, 2014
Yea fair enough. Positional changes and playing big minutes for explosive players can negatively affect performance.

I've been a big supporter of Ice but he really let me down last year. Hoping he turns things around this season. Needs to more than just the basics. His core stats seem ok but he was pretty ordinary last year.
Isn’t that the core problem with the Warriors though? Kearney has put together a team that has almost no x-factor, RTS obviously has it and then there’s a sharp decline. Ice would be more valuable when complimenting players with other skill sets. However when you have him alongside the likes of Green, Herbert, LAM, Burr, etc you just have what appears to be a whole bunch of boring low skilled plodders.

wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 17, 2018
I didn’t give Burbo a zero score, gave him the equivalent of a 20 SuperCoach average. Blair’s score is based entirely on his 2019 average.
Ben t scored a whopping 5 points less than Jtb according to your run down

If ban t got super coach average then jtb has a vastly over rated sore to beat Ben by so much.

Is it a small sample size issue? I’d did jtb Rock it in his two games leading to a top rating?

Am starting to cold on the super coach system as the official results given
A Adam Blair our ranking bmm
B ice being worth more then esse’ese based on Herman playing poorly in his two performances at lock. There is no comparison between Herman and ice
C jtb getting a really high rating. Although you haven’t confirmed this yet

My supposition is that the SuperCoach player scores are not accurate for small sample sizes.

All that said
Apologies for giving you so many questions over this mr brownstone

My competitiveness got carried away. You were just trying to be a helpful person.

Cheers

Reactions: wizards rage

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
I agree they system seems like it has so many holes in it that even Blair looks like he’s able to run through it and look good.

Mr Brownstone

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 9, 2014
Ben t scored a whopping 5 points less than Jtb according to your run down

If ban t got super coach average then jtb has a vastly over rated sore to beat Ben by so much.

Is it a small sample size issue? I’d did jtb Rock it in his two games leading to a top rating?

Am starting to cold on the super coach system as the official results given
A Adam Blair our ranking bmm
B ice being worth more then esse’ese based on Herman playing poorly in his two performances at lock. There is no comparison between Herman and ice
C jtb getting a really high rating. Although you haven’t confirmed this yet

My supposition is that the SuperCoach player scores are not accurate for small sample sizes.

All that said
Apologies for giving you so many questions over this mr brownstone

My competitiveness got carried away. You were just trying to be a helpful person.

Cheers
JTB has averaged 42 in his two games and they are entirely from ‘base stats’, so nothing that would suggest his scores are elevated by anything abnormal. A small sample always carries bias risk however I’ve done my best to remove that from player scores. Adam Blair averaged 49 points last year which was his best average for a few seasons - the improvement was entirely due to an increase in defensive workload, with him averaging 35 tackles a game. The problem with us subjectively assessing players (for this forum Warriors players) is that when our team is losing we focus on what is wrong with a player - in Blair’s case it is his lack of running metres. However he was putting in a big effort every week in defence and we (and I’m prob more guilty of this than anyone) failed to give him credit for it.

I said at the outset that the SuperCoach system, like any other, isn’t perfect. However I reckon it carries far more substance than us casting our eye over a team and making an arbitrary call on how good it is. I’m relaxed as to whether it’s used for final rankings, however my suggestion would be that, given he is a neutral and was involved in the game and also understands the SuperCoach scoring system, perhaps tajhay tajhay could make a comment on what he thinks makes most sense.

ryno

1st Grade Fringe
May 8, 2012
My 2 cents, but you could do a weighted result. Supercoach stats for 50% and then a vote for 50% or something like that.

Defence

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
Would’ve been good if other members of the forum had voted- a poll would’ve helped.
Maybe we could rank the teams from 1-9 and send our lists to tajhay to consolidate?
Maybe he could include the super coach rankings plus his own if he’s keen enough..
Doesn’t really matter who “won” though does it? The fun was in the participation.

Upcoming Match

St George Dragons NSW

Last Game

21 Mar

06-20
4.7 Total Avg Rating
4.5 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 10 ratings