General NRL Footy Programs Discussion Thread

Change the name from Matt Lodge to Cam Smith in previous years and they would be singing his praises about how good he is and game aware to know what to do in that situation.

The worst thing Lodge did was admit he took a dive. Should have said he caught me high and I was a bit shocked. - I'm glad the NRL are tough on head contact
Who did he admit he took a dive to?

Im really enjoying the "Once a Warrior" show with Monty Betham atm.

I mean its more a trip down memory lane format than hard edged journalism.....but the guests have been great, Daniel Anderson last night, Lance Hohaia, Clinton Toopi, Michael Luck, John Kirwan.....Dean Bell next week.....some great insights into what went on at the time.,..interesting hearing Ando talk last night about the things they introduced to the Warriors back then.....some of things are still applicable now.
If I was Mohawk I'd be trying to get Anderson in some kind of consultant capacity for his insight into the skills gap between our juniors and Aussie systems, they're glaringly obvious but his solutions are where his value was, probably still are.

If I was Mohawk I'd be trying to get Anderson in some kind of consultant capacity for his insight into the skills gap between our juniors and Aussie systems, they're glaringly obvious but his solutions are where his value was, probably still are.
He's heavily involved with the Roosters now (scouting if I recall correctly), doubt he'd leave that gig.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Nick Politis looks after his staff.
Good friends with one of the NZ based scouts for the Roosters.

He told me a story about attending a meeting with Nick, Anderson and about 6 other old men. Anderson was telling the group that the NZ arm of their recruitment and development was in serious trouble of collapsing if they didnt fund it properly and now. Nick asked how much they needed and Anderson told him 5 million. Nick says he's got a million and goes around the table with others adding a million, half, quarter etc and in less than 30 seconds they had the 5 million they needed to continue developing in NZ. Mate says he was completely blown away.

I knew then and there that the Warriors weren't going to win anything soon based off that conversation...