General NRL Footy Programs Discussion Thread

Stalefish540

Contributor
May 13, 2017
Mt. Smart
Oh just give it a week or two mate & he'll be right there beside her drooling asusual.
Gonna miss Ben with his down to earth common sense
Can't say i've watched too much recently, but Ben are Lara were the only sane ones on there.
Kent, Buzz, Crawley, Hooper are absolute muppets. Brent Reid is probably semi sane, but he's not on there often.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
At least Michael Ennis isn't on NRL 360, I'm sure he is always trying to flirt with Yvonne.
Really??? I am sure that has never happened before to her. ;)
How does that dilly dame fit the bill?
She is hot, a Queenslander, and another Aborigine, makes two on the team now, and probably isn't expensive.

What about her league knowledge Bruce?

Four out of five ain't bad Bruce.

• Haha
Reactions: Akkerz

6Again

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 1, 2020
Nothing against Sampson personally but I do question her rugby league IQ and abilty to talk around topics on a level not related solely to what everybody is feeling or going through on some emotional level which seems to be her bread and butter on every other league show.

Lara Pitt would have been a better call, she has a level of insight through her contacts at least.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
I do question her rugby league IQ and abilty to talk around topics on a level not related solely to what everybody is feeling or going through on some emotional level which seems to be her bread and butter on every other league show.
Don't be so sexist, she is there for the females...I think

Stalefish540

Contributor
May 13, 2017
Mt. Smart
Nothing against Sampson personally but I do question her rugby league IQ and abilty to talk around topics on a level not related solely to what everybody is feeling or going through on some emotional level which seems to be her bread and butter on every other league show.

Lara Pitt would have been a better call, she has a level of insight through her contacts at least.
Lara would just get talked over even more by Kent and Hooper unfortunately. She seems to have a much higher RL IQ than Sampson though.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
Can't say i've watched too much recently, but Ben are Lara were the only sane ones on there.
Kent, Buzz, Crawley, Hooper are absolute muppets. Brent Reid is probably semi sane, but he's not on there often.
Brent Read doesn't seem to be on anymore looks like they have replaced him with Ray Hadley. Hadley hasn't been too bad, when he replaced Vossy on Channel 9 I read a few things about him that made seem like a real prick.

Thought he was just on as a guest to talk about Fulton but it seems to be a regular thing now.

Going to be weird next week without Ikin. Mind you its always been a bit weird with the guy with the more accomplished career asking the journos whats wrong with how team X is playing.

Akkerz

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Jun 22, 2012
The edge of insanity
How was NRL360 without Ikin?
The boys were all very polite & the lady mainly kept her mouth shut except for too many girly giggles over the "incredible Blues " . Kent seemed to be in charge of the actual conversations. Hooper too quiet & Buzz was just Buzz.
Wasn't helped with the Benny Elias / Blocker addition. Too civilised tbh but I know where the off button is so all is not lost.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
There was a good one on NRL360 a few weeks back talking about head knocks and concussion.

Rothfield went on about heavier players running into each over. Kent brought up bigger bodies being able to absorb the impact. Think he brought up boxing. Rothfield its not the same as they aren't running into each other.

Kent. They are punching each other in the face.

Silly coversation but it made me laugh. Its not the same even though the other sport is predominantly aiming for the head.

Reactions: bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Rothfield went on about heavier players running into each over. Kent brought up bigger bodies being able to absorb the impact.
People pay to listen to that shite??? Oh I forgot, it is owned by Rupert Murdoch. :rolleyes:

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
Anyone writing a transcript from any episode of NRL360 must have an absolute nightmare of a job, what with all the unfinished ends of one sentence leading to the start of another sentence who's thought which might not be particularly well connected to the tought behind that first sentence and then all the uh, forgotten names, ums, ers etc (which is fine, everyone does it and we all get the gist of whatever the unfinished sentences were aiming at, usually), but it's the bloody overtalking. I can't say I disagree with many of the points being made because it's hard to make out what the hell they are.

And they're all too keen to talk loudly while overtalking each other, too.

Kenty doesn't help himself by not even pretending to be interested in answering some questions in his Ask Kenty segment with some patience. Yes, we know every bloody year someone will write in: "Kenty, shouldn't State of Origin be played on standalone weekends?" and Kenty will reply "If you suspend the NRL for a weekend, AFL and other sports will see a gap in the calander, schedule their best games for that weekend and attract the floating sports viewer who might never go back to being regular league fans" (words to that effect). Happens every season and several times every season. Maybe Kenty needs a "Note To Self: Early May, talk on 360 about why Origin should be on Wednesday." to head off that discussion.

Yvonne was okay but yeah, Lara would have been the better pick. Her or Hannah. Yvonne's "Brand" seemed to be stamped on when she fronted some "Ladies Who League" type programme a few years back.

Be interesting to see how she handles the players tonight...I think Kenty will be the one asking most of the questions...

But even so, it is better than anything Sky TV could throw up. There's a reason I never turn the TV on until 1-2 minutes before kick-off in a Warriors game (and find something in the house to do, hey the laundry sink looks gross!, needs scrubbing!, no time like the present! during half-time)and it's not because I forget the coverage is on, let me give you the tip! For moine, it's just too bloody average for it's own good.

Reactions: Ref and Akkerz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
Nrl 360 is the flagship show on the Fox League channel, Ikin leaving has left a gaping hole and the new dynamic is like a flat can of Mountain Dew.
Akin to when Moylan killed the footy show? Usually don’t mind Vonny but the guys seem to be shit scared of coming across wrong and patronise the Ladies a bit in an effort to not offend- it doesn’t seem natural conversation.
Always remember with Matty John’s show when Emma Freedman did a segment shed always get “Thanks Emma- you did well”, was sooo cringey as they never thanked the male contributors

Reactions: Akkerz and bruce

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings