General NRL Drugs Thread

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Holy shit! Play with firs and you get burnt I suppose. Be interesting to hear the background behind this incident. Disgruntled player, drug deal gone wrong, etc...

Reactions: 1 user

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
How incredibly lucky is that prick. Bullet grazed his forehead. GRAZED HIS FUCKING FOREHEAD!!!
For a normal person i would totally agree, but with this prick he possibly got out a knife and creased his own forehead to make a better story. Sorry but hes got such a history as a bullshit artist i have trouble believing him.

Jordan G

The only way the story could get any better is if he actually had an apple on his head at the time.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

tajhay

🏉
The reporting on this story is so varied. Some reports say the bullet grazed his forehead...others say one of the bullets shattered the window next to where he was sleeping and the window fragments grazed his forehead.

I would be more willing to bet on the second scenario being correct, considering it was at 2am or something and he would have been sleeping. As much as some journalists like to write sensationalistic headlines, reality is not inception.

Reactions: 2 users

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
NRL’s dirty drugs secret exposed, report claims
JUNE 15, 20174:45PM

THE NRL has another drugs crisis on its hands with a shock report surfacing about the number of players in the game with a drugs strike against their name.

A Yahoo 7 report claims up to 160 players within the game have recorded a positive test for illicit substances.

The positive tests come through the NRL’s in-house testing program which is separate from standard ASADA testing and is focused at recording players’ use of non-performance enhancing illicit substances.

Channel 7 reports a “well-placed source” has revealed around 40 per cent of the game’s 400 registered senior players have a strike against their name.

It is unclear if the number refers to only centrally NRL contracted players or if it includes senior players in lower-level competitions.

Under the NRL’s illicit drugs policy, players who test positive to a banned recreational substance are given a confidential warning. A second positive test incurs a 12-match ban.

Notice of a player’s first strike is only provided to the player, the chief executive of his NRL club and his team’s welfare manager.

bfb73e2eacc2518ef077231f7493bbbe

Storm’s coming.Source:News Corp Australia

Former Sharks star Ben Barba last year recorded a second strike after his team’s NRL grand final triumph, while Kiwi Test duo Jesse Bromwich and Kevin Proctor were also suspended by their clubs for allegedly becoming involved in a cocaine scandal after the trans-Tasman Test in Canberra in May.

Roosters star Shaun Kenny-Dowall is also due to front court next week after being charged with cocaine possession last month.

Channel 7 reports Kenny-Dowall is still expected to join Newcastle before the June 30 deadline this year after being released from his contract with the Roosters.

“Knights officials and coaching staff are keen to have him on board ASAP; the improvement a player of his experience and talent would bring to such a young group is obvious,” Yahoo 7 reported.

“The stumbling block is Wests Group, which is poised to buy out the Knights later this year. Wests are wary of the club’s notorious drugs history — both performance enhancing and recreational — and want to avoid any player with a track record in either department.”

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/n...s/news-story/b3aabf76543643cce40166815a3e95b0

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I think it's a great policy.
If they weren't disclosing performance enhancing fails I'd be concerned but recs dont bother me unless you're caught on CCTV after a test doing coke then you're just a fucking idiot.
Just like to say I had a great time on drugs, never hit, robbed or killed anyone, never lost a wife, girlfriend or job. Lost my car a couple of times but always found it the next morning.

• Haha
NRL’s dirty drugs secret exposed, report claims
JUNE 15, 20174:45PM

THE NRL has another drugs crisis on its hands with a shock report surfacing about the number of players in the game with a drugs strike against their name.

A Yahoo 7 report claims up to 160 players within the game have recorded a positive test for illicit substances.

The positive tests come through the NRL’s in-house testing program which is separate from standard ASADA testing and is focused at recording players’ use of non-performance enhancing illicit substances.

Channel 7 reports a “well-placed source” has revealed around 40 per cent of the game’s 400 registered senior players have a strike against their name.

It is unclear if the number refers to only centrally NRL contracted players or if it includes senior players in lower-level competitions.

Under the NRL’s illicit drugs policy, players who test positive to a banned recreational substance are given a confidential warning. A second positive test incurs a 12-match ban.

Notice of a player’s first strike is only provided to the player, the chief executive of his NRL club and his team’s welfare manager.

bfb73e2eacc2518ef077231f7493bbbe

Storm’s coming.Source:News Corp Australia

Former Sharks star Ben Barba last year recorded a second strike after his team’s NRL grand final triumph, while Kiwi Test duo Jesse Bromwich and Kevin Proctor were also suspended by their clubs for allegedly becoming involved in a cocaine scandal after the trans-Tasman Test in Canberra in May.

Roosters star Shaun Kenny-Dowall is also due to front court next week after being charged with cocaine possession last month.

Channel 7 reports Kenny-Dowall is still expected to join Newcastle before the June 30 deadline this year after being released from his contract with the Roosters.

“Knights officials and coaching staff are keen to have him on board ASAP; the improvement a player of his experience and talent would bring to such a young group is obvious,” Yahoo 7 reported.

“The stumbling block is Wests Group, which is poised to buy out the Knights later this year. Wests are wary of the club’s notorious drugs history — both performance enhancing and recreational — and want to avoid any player with a track record in either department.”

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/n...s/news-story/b3aabf76543643cce40166815a3e95b0

Thats disgusting to be honest

Reactions: 3 users
These recreational drugs are so dangerous that these elite athletes, who live their lives under the spotlight, are using them, and nobody notices anything at all until they do a drugs test.

Wow, just wow. It's up there with murder for sure. Build more prisons asap.

Been shot at while running away passed windows shattering from bullets.

I don't know how close those shots were to hitting my head, but the same gunman had killed two in front of me.

I feel sorry for the victim. They have a long way to go to comeback strong from a shoot out.

Just on speculation about whether glass or a bullet made the graze, the cops can work that out easily..the forensics are very different.

Sounds like a bullet...but who knows

Last edited: