General NRL Data Jam 2019 - Sydney

tajhay

Bird Gang to Warrior
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
I know there are some good analytical minds out there, so this may be of interest especially to those of you in Sydney.

Some info from past years event:

This years event is to be held in Barangaroo on 15th November.

Anyone keen? Will help if you are in a career analysing data i.e. Data Analyst, Data Scientist etc.

PM me for more info. Would be good to have a Warriors themed team and we can look at all the usually restricted data that confirms there is a bias against the Warriors team ;)

Sledge

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 10, 2016
I know there are some good analytical minds out there, so this may be of interest especially to those of you in Sydney.

Some info from past years event:

This years event is to be held in Barangaroo on 15th November.

Anyone keen? Will help if you are in a career analysing data i.e. Data Analyst, Data Scientist etc.

PM me for more info. Would be good to have a Warriors themed team and we can look at all the usually restricted data that confirms there is a bias against the Warriors team ;)
I have no idea what you are talking about.

Fearmuss

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 4, 2016
Would be good if someone can develop a +\- or RPM for league.

always seems like fantasy scores are not an accurate metric.

Last edited:

Fearmuss

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 4, 2016
RPM?
+/- on what in particular?
I suppose that would be the question, points gained, points conceded, defensive metrics, metres. Impact per set.

Try and sum up their individual impact on the game.

Don’t know if it is possible in league due to the way the game works and interchange but it is great for NBA arguments.

Last edited:

Fearmuss

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 4, 2016
Just thinking about a metres per set +\- for forwards etc, so difference between two teams metres gained/conceded per set while a player is on the field.

Then add all the stats shit to it:

Not really a numbers guy but I’m thinking about what I want to consume not just run meters etc.

Reactions: tajhay

Swanny

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 18, 2017
Just thinking about a metres per set +\- for forwards etc, so difference between two teams metres gained/conceded per set while a player is on the field.

Then add all the stats shit to it:

Not really a numbers guy but I’m thinking about what I want to consume not just run meters etc.
I also think a post contact meters gained vs post contact meters conceded for a player would be valuable.

tajhay

Bird Gang to Warrior
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
Keep the ideas coming peeps! I'll prob be attending but will likely be limited to what data NRL makes available for it. Will try to share some info afterwards...

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings