NRL Wests Tigers

Wests Tigers
Untitled design (45).png

I saw this thread and was expecting to see some news, or some more drama.

Besides the Roosters and jokes on the salary cap I reckon this will be the club thread with the most activity. The Tigers are good for some drama.

I laughed at the end of the season they were teasing the journalists on NRL360 as they went to a flash lunch put on by the Tigers for the Tigers to announce their Chairman is staying on.

Reminds me of the UFC's old announcements that it will change the industry. Ends up being on of the owners will do more work on the company. Bit of a let down.

Wests Tigers junior Masei Tavui has been charged with the murder of Dejan ‘Danny the Serb’ Radulovic in Sydney’s inner west.

Tavui, 19, was arrested and taken to Liverpool Police Station on Tuesday afternoon and charged with one count of murder after Radulovic’s death on July 29.

Radulovic was allegedly stabbed and shot on Donnelly St in Balmain following an altercation with two men.

NSW Police raided a home in Austral on Tuesday morning, seizing “clothing relevant to their investigation”, before Tavui was led away in handcuffs.

Tavui was denied bail and appeared in a committal hearing at Liverpool Local Court, while another man has been charged as an accessory to the murder and remains before the court.

Tavui has been a member of the Wests Tigers junior ranks for the past four years, rising through their Harold Matthews and SG Ball ranks and playing as a back-rower in the under-19s competition last year.

Radulovic was released from prison earlier this year after serving nine months behind bars for drug supply. Police established Strike Force Dears in the wake of Radulovic’s death, and continue to investigate the incident.

Well if there is one thing about the Tigers they don't do boring.

To be honest as it's the Tigers I'm surprised they didn't sack the board and come out that it is part of a new 5 year plan.

Well if there is one thing about the Tigers they don't do boring.

To be honest as it's the Tigers I'm surprised they didn't sack the board and come out that it is part of a new 5 year plan.
The chairman who’s resigned is also the clubs main sponsor. So the may need to replace that as well, which is hard when your brands at a low point.

Good luck Benji, you’ve got a real challenge on your hands!

This move is pretty obvious considering the amount of issues/discussion his hiring occurred.

His original signing was a typical Tigers move. Sign up a guy without getting feed back from the people he will be working with.

The main thing the Tigers needs is stability off the field and plan their way forward and stick to it.

Got towelled by the Dragons last night

struggled against our B team with only 12 for 60mins

Benji will be a failed experiment.

Common sense will tell anyone you can’t drop a guy into a head coaching role with little to zero experience- especially a losing team with a losing culture and expect miracles.

West Tigers are gonna be dead last this season with some hidings to none.

They gonna make the last 2 wooden spoons look like a better season than this

Whoever runs the club ought to give themselves an uppercut 🥊

Got towelled by the Dragons last night

struggled against our B team with only 12 for 60mins

Benji will be a failed experiment.

Common sense will tell anyone you can’t drop a guy into a head coaching role with little to zero experience- especially a losing team with a losing culture and expect miracles.

West Tigers are gonna be dead last this season with some hidings to none.

They gonna make the last 2 wooden spoons look like a better season than this

Whoever runs the club ought to give themselves an uppercut 🥊
While I kind of agree, there maybe a play here. Tigers ran on 2 schoolboys last night, and other inexperienced players. If they go for a full clean out and buy in from juniors, they may turn it around in a season or two. Plus Benji may get more leeway if they are at least trying.

Personally I dont think the Dragons are worth talking up. I saw major flaws in their side last night and I think they are shaping up for their usual hot start, late slide.

The Tigers sacked their board during the off season. They aim is obviously to lead to a fresh start and stability.

It's a shame as the soap opera or comedy show that has gone on around the club the last few years has been entertaining.

The Tigers sacked their board during the off season. They aim is obviously to lead to a fresh start and stability.

It's a shame as the soap opera or comedy show that has gone on around the club the last few years has been entertaining.
Looking likely you will be able to see a few encores. 😉 😜

Back