TeamList Team List Tuesday (2023 Finals Week 2) - Warriors vs Knights

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. This is finals, and no place for a newby unless you are totally desperate.

I think people are also forgetting that as the halfback Volkman would have the responsibility of running the whole team.
Maybe he isn't even vocal enough with the older guys for that yet.

I know when I was twenty one I would have shit myself having to tell my idols what to do.

It is one thing directing Reggies mostly your own age with less experience and quite another dealing with the veterans in a final.

They could make TMM lead half, and have Volkman as a kicking six, but he has no real running game to speak of. It all sounds bitsy and a bit ugly.

Stacey, as brilliant as he was, had that trouble as well. I think Volkman's day will come.
Yeah he talked bout his early years and how he struggled to talk on field eh.
And he is the one working directly with Volkman.
The last time Stacey was interviewed about Volkman he said the only thing they are waiting for in his development is his defence, he said the coaches have told Volkman don't worry about attack (in his NRL appearances) and that the attack will come, but they only want him concentrating on defence.

Volkman has Reynolds about him, he could be a great half, but the Warriors are not going to use him until his defence develops.

I don't think we concede more than the 32 we did last week even if Volkman was playing, but very good chance we exceed the 6 we scored.
Rubbish, Volkman was not cracking Panthers defence, big difference between looking good in NSW cop vs. playing the Panthers in a final.

Got to wonder what will happen with Curran. He would be a starter in plenty of other teams. 25 minutes seems a misuse of him. Hoping he gets more time against the Knights.
Ideally we get him to play 50 straight minutes from 30 onwards. Niukore to spend his second stint in the middle. Or even start Marata in the middle & Barnett to bench

Last edited:
Hopefully the mental effect of winning 10 will hit the Knights this weekend and they'll be all "Job done!" after getting into the Final 6 from the place they came from.

Anyone else think Ponga should have been HIA'd, given his history?

Yeah head hits ground hard is always a significant impact. Instead he has to trust the club has his interests at heart, he has taken a lot of head knocks this year alone.

Cannot believe the independent Doctor did not pull him from that game, that part was what stinks the most.

Hopefully the mental effect of winning 10 will hit the Knights this weekend and they'll be all "Job done!" after getting into the Final 6 from the place they came from.

Anyone else think Ponga should have been HIA'd, given his history?
Still can’t believe it- was sure the “independent” dr would step in.
I said that to a knights fan today and he reckons he was just laying down to get the penalty- no way with his history he’s gonna lay there pretending to be unconscious.
Won’t be surprised if he gets KOed this week either- then the nrl would have some questions to answer…..

Still can’t believe it- was sure the “independent” dr would step in.
I said that to a knights fan today and he reckons he was just laying down to get the penalty- no way with his history he’s gonna lay there pretending to be unconscious.
Won’t be surprised if he gets KOed this week either- then the nrl would have some questions to answer…..
Frizzell too looked a nasty knock and probably shouldn’t be playing.

Team named as expected.

Calf injuries are funny, be interesting to see how mobile he is.

My guess he was never going to play last week and being rested for this week.

My fear is we'll stick to TMM and Walker and it proved last week it does not work.

Hope Curran comes on with Walker and Jazz at 20min mark, throw the kitchen sink at them

Was Volkman on the reserves list last week?

Curran has come on and scored a number of times.

I guess that is why they strike with him off the bench at precisely the time that they do?

Also for those wanting Curran to start, yeah I like it, but Ford is a pretty non impact bench forward.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back