11 D.Fifita E.Aitken 11
12 B.Fermor E.Katoa 12
13 T.Fa'asuamaleaui J.Curran 13
14 W.Smith J.Tevaga 14
15 S.Lisone B.Afoa 15
16 J.Jolliffe A.Pene 16
17 K.Proctor B.Sironen 17
18 J.Wallace K.Nikorima 18

In the context of this season this game against the Titans is a must Win!
The warriors have been gifted a friendlier draw to start their season and therefore we need to win at least 3 out of our first 5 games before it gets harder, much harder with the weakest of our next 5 games being the Sharks. It is very conceivable that we lose games 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 as they are all strong semi final contenders.

After watching our first game and loss to the dragons my bubble of optimism has been pricked and now recognize that we need to bank on winning at least 3 of our first 5 games if we are any chance of playing semifinals football.

The titans are the hardest of these next 4 games so that is why we need to win on Saturday. If we can beat them the confidence will build and more importantly the belief from both a player and fan perspective. The next question is how do we beat the titans when they looked so good in game 1 and we didn’t. I think we need to win it in the forwards which is clearly our strength. We have 2 of the best props in the competition and a very mobile back row who can all play big minutes. By rolling it up the middle and using the likes of Walsh, Chanel and Egan to play fast off the back of good momentum we can I think open up the Titans. It will then be the likes of Chanel and Taylor to choose the right plays and right kicks to capitalise on this advantage.

Interesting that no Warriors players have been named for the Dolphins' opener on Saturday

I think he needs to make his decisions in q few games time and stick tbh.
But I like the thinking.
Interesting comment about Ben Murdoch-Masila at the end there - tipping his hand to be a late bench inclusion? Would rather have him than Siro when you've already got Jazz on the bench.

Interesting that no Warriors players have been named for the Dolphins' opener on Saturday

Interesting comment about Ben Murdoch-Masila at the end there - tipping his hand to be a late bench inclusion? Would rather have him than Siro when you've already got Jazz on the bench.

I'd read it as a more general "he's the next cab off the rank" type comment rather than thinking it's any kind of late switcharoo mind games.

They're probably quite keen to keep Siro on the bench as he can provide cover for anything from centre to half to lock, which is useful when our blokes seem to drop like flies. Ben Murdoch-Masila is arguably the better player to bring on for 20 minutes in the middle, but if anyone in the backline went down we'd be absolutely screwed.

Reactions: Worried2Death
They're probably quite keen to keep Siro on the bench as he can provide cover for anything from centre to half to lock, which is useful when our blokes seem to drop like flies. Ben Murdoch-Masila is arguably the better player to bring on for 20 minutes in the middle, but if anyone in the backline went down we'd be absolutely screwed.
Doesn't Aitken's versatility & Walsh's ability to cover the halves negate Sironen's bench value?

I feel like I've read the same article about changing perceptions by being more consistent for decades now, and somehow I believe it every year.

Last edited:
Love how jazz keeps the 14 jersey. He's earned that position in the team and is more valuable then kodi nikorima is. Don't forget that nikorima wants to stay in Brisbane so dropping him this week should of been and easy decision from the coaches.

Would be great if the warriors could right all that was wrong in that last round last year.

Reactions: jsmooove and ramps
Does anyone seriously consider us a chance this weekend?

Titans were red hot against Parra and unlucky to lose it in the dying stages. If they come out firing like they did last week, I expect a cricket score against us.
I think this weekend should show what to expect from the Warriors for the year, they should be taking this game personally after last year’s performance against the titans. Really think last week was there for the taking but didn’t respect the opposition and grind out the win. Young players like Amone and Sloan are the types to carve us up in the past with limited first grade knowledge of them like when Shaun Johnson made Luai a star over night in the past. Hopefully Ash Taylor can provide some inside info about his former teammates.

Reactions: Worried2Death
Well we can’t use travel as an excuse!
75 /80 minute bus Redcliffe to Robina.
Big guys run all day at Sexton Campbell and Boyd if they play.
Ash kick long into the corners all day.
Put Patty off his game.
And yeah as someone else said run at Fifita a lot to reduce his energy make him tackle.

Does anyone seriously consider us a chance this weekend?

Titans were red hot against Parra and unlucky to lose it in the dying stages. If they come out firing like they did last week, I expect a cricket score against us.
I am not ready to give up on thinking they have a good chance. I agree after watching last weeks games it could be a cricket score against the Warriors. However, except for a couple of superstars we have a better all round forward pack IMO. They have stronger backs and less errors and their attack looked sharp. If we play up the center of the field and kick well we have a chance of an upset!!! If we lose badly the season could be a write off and only 2 games in and that will be very disappointing!!!

Beastmode

Just another day in paradise
Contributor
After the rabbits went close to the storm last night after falling to the broncos in round 1, I reckon we’re a chance. They did have Mitchell return, but we’ve got players coming back too.

Bro did you watch the game?

For 70mins it was one of the worst games I have seen in a long time. South’s played badly, but then Storm had a player sin binned and Rabbits played hero ball for the last 10mins with some atrocious plays mixed in with luck.

But you’re right, it’s never over until the fat lady sings and Blocker Roach was quiet all night.

tajhay

🏉
There was a real lack of cohesion and chemistry last week.

If the warriors pull a rabbit out of their arses tomorrow and win, I promise never ever ever to talk bad about them again this season!!!!

Too dramatic? 😂
What did you expect? Did you not watch our last game of 2021?

Anyway, surprisingly as it may sound, teams have won the comp after losing their round 1 game. Not saying we will, but it's a little premature to judge how a season is going to go based on the first game of the season.

Most teams won't show their true selves until about 1/3 into the season.

Reactions: Rizzah and Noitall